KIMCORENE

AOS FILERS: OCTOBER 2008

1,943 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi guys, sorry the spreadsheet hasn't been updated in a timely manner but it was crazy busy at work for me and Kimcorene is busy with the move.

I just updated it as much as I could see the information being posted on this thread, let me know if I missed anything!! :thumbs:

I just came back from my biometrics appointment and I'm just a little worried because some of my fingerprints were reading "match warning" on the screen.. I'm just afraid they get refused by the FBI because they're bad prints or something :(

Welcome to all other October filers!! :dance:

Hi Rosie!

Funny - the same thing happened to me with my fingerprints! I wanted to tell the girl who was doing them to be sure she did it properly but I thought it may be better to keep my mouth shut and let her do her job! There was a percentage next to it too, so maybe it just has to be over it or something - we'll see! She did mine a number of times though also.

N-400 Journey

June 9th 2012 - Application sent

June 14th 2012 - NOA sent

June 28th - Biometrics letter sent -- July 26th Appointment date

July 12th 2012 - Early Biometrics/Walk-in

August ( ) - Interview letter received -- September 14th Interview date

September 14th 2012 - Interview! Oath date in hand, September 20th @ noon!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
The NOA's show the receipt of forms I-485, I-130 and I-765 and they should also show your Alien number. You will get two then one in the name of the Petitioner - three in all. Mine were received about a week and a half after they got my package if that's anything to go by and Bios were scheduled soon after. I think that's pretty standard. Good luck in getting everything in time! I would go in the afternoon if you do a walk in - I'm sure it will be fine...

Hey Beantownbabe, I know this is not my conversation, but I had no idea that the alien number was located on the NOAs, I adjusted from

a visitor visa, so the A on the I-485 NOA is my new alien # because I didnt have one when I filed.

No, neither did I but the person at ASC said that's what it is and the same one is on the ASC appointment letter. Interesting stuff...

N-400 Journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hi Rosie!

Funny - the same thing happened to me with my fingerprints! I wanted to tell the girl who was doing them to be sure she did it properly but I thought it may be better to keep my mouth shut and let her do her job! There was a percentage next to it too, so maybe it just has to be over it or something - we'll see! She did mine a number of times though also.

Yeah.. I saw the percentage number on the screen also... mine were on the 54 - 65 range.. I hope that will be enough!

Good luck to us!!

05/12/04 => Arrived in the US under L1 status / work visa

03/05/05 => Met the love of my life

07/02/07 => Married my wonderful USC husband

______AOS JOURNEY________________________________

10/03/08 => Package sent to USCIS

03/03/09 => Interview in Chicago, IL =>> APPROVED!

______REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY______________

12/03/10 => Package sent to California service center

03/02/11 => 10 YR GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!

______CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY_________________________

01/20/12 => Filed N-400 for Citizenship

06/21/12 => Citizenship interview: Approved!

07/25/12 => Oath Ceremony.. DONE WITH USCIS!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Hi guys, sorry the spreadsheet hasn't been updated in a timely manner but it was crazy busy at work for me and Kimcorene is busy with the move.

I just updated it as much as I could see the information being posted on this thread, let me know if I missed anything!! :thumbs:

I just came back from my biometrics appointment and I'm just a little worried because some of my fingerprints were reading "match warning" on the screen.. I'm just afraid they get refused by the FBI because they're bad prints or something :(

Welcome to all other October filers!! :dance:

my sister is trying to go through her citizenship proceedings just now and has bad prints, she has been to biometrics 3 times and some other "special" finger print machine and is now waiting to hear back......

I'm sure you will be ok it may delay you a little depending on how bad they are..GOOD LUCK

04/10/06: Arrive in USA on F1 visa.

08/15/08: Marry the most amazing woman in the world.

10/08/08: Sent AOS package to USCIS.

10/13/08: Package Delivered (I-131,I-765,I-130,I-485.)

10/20/08: Checks Cashed.

10/24/08: NOA's in mail for all, all receipt numbers show online.

10/28/08: Biometrics Appointment letter received for 11/13/08

11/13/08: Biometrics completed successfully, case touched online also i presume because of Biometrics

11/24/08: NOA for Interview

12/13/08: AP Approval letter sent out

12/18/08: EAD Card production ordered

12/20/08: AP arrives in mailbox

12/23/08: EAD Approval notice sent

01/20/09: Interview date in Mount Laurel, NJ (Cancelled but will still be attending this one also, realized why it was cancelled.....Inaugeration)

02/11/09: New interview date (Rescheduled due to cancellation letter)

02/11/09: Approved, Passport Stamped

9783.gif

Timeline
my sister is trying to go through her citizenship proceedings just now and has bad prints, she has been to biometrics 3 times and some other "special" finger print machine and is now waiting to hear back......

I'm sure you will be ok it may delay you a little depending on how bad they are..GOOD LUCK

Thanks Alxmrt. Do you know how soon they gave her another fingerprint appointment after the first one "failed"? :unsure:

Timeline

Rosie - don't give up yet! No-one said your fingerprints were bad yet!!! And just one question - what does "Soft LUD" mean in your timeline? Thanks, I'm just curious!

N-400 Journey

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes! Got my 3 NOA's today telling my the biometric schedule letter is coming. It said I had to bring the NOA's in to the biometric appointment cause of the bar code on them, just as you all said, so I am wondering if I can now go and try the walk in. Is there also a bar code on the appointment letter, or just the date and the NOA forms are the form you need.

On a side note, I received a letter from the f*%#ing IRS for the very same day I get my NOA's, which was today. HAHA Classic America. Wasting no time and getting their hands in my pockets. Dammit. ;)

03/04/2007 Entered as Canadian Visitor (no i-94 issued)

07/23/2008 Married in Las Vegas, NV.

10/03/2008 Mailed i-130, i-485, EAD to Chicago.

10/10/2008 AOS packet accepted & signed for.

11/02/2008 Received 2 NOA's, one for each application.

11/29/2008 Received a Yellow RFE regarding i-485. (Need additional Tax Info.)

12/10/2008 Mailed back RFE with required material from sponsor and joint sponsor. Sent Priority.

01/14/2009 Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Notice.

01/01/2009 ASC Biometrics Appointment Completed.

congrats tonydanza on getting your noa's!!!! yes the biometrics appt. letter has a barcode on it and it has barcodes for the i-485 and i765 on the bottom of the notice. on our letter it doesn't tell us to bring the noa's though so we didn't and didn't have any troubles. don't know anything about walk in so hopefully somebody here will answer you on that.

good luck!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline
Rosie - don't give up yet! No-one said your fingerprints were bad yet!!! And just one question - what does "Soft LUD" mean in your timeline? Thanks, I'm just curious!

You're right.. but that's just me.. always paranoid!! :lol:

LUD means "Last Update Date" and "soft" because even if there's a date change, the status is still the same. In my case: "Current Status: Case received and pending."

Timeline
Yes! Got my 3 NOA's today telling my the biometric schedule letter is coming. It said I had to bring the NOA's in to the biometric appointment cause of the bar code on them, just as you all said, so I am wondering if I can now go and try the walk in. Is there also a bar code on the appointment letter, or just the date and the NOA forms are the form you need.

On a side note, I received a letter from the f*%#ing IRS for the very same day I get my NOA's, which was today. HAHA Classic America. Wasting no time and getting their hands in my pockets. Dammit. ;)

Congratulations! Seems quick, huh?! Just a word of caution - when I was at my appointment last Thursday, at the second checkpoint, I gave the woman the I-495 NOA by accident ans she specifically told me no - that she wanted the ASC letter instead. I don't know if it was because she had already stamped the ASC letter, or what the deal was but that was my experience. There are three bar codes on the ASC letter, but I don't recall them being scanned or anything. Good luck if you try a walk in!

Oh yeah, tel the IRS you don't want whatever it is they're selling!

LUD means "Last Update Date" and "soft" because even if there's a date change, the status is still the same. In my case: "Current Status: Case received and pending."

Thanks for that, Rosie - guess mine was the same then, a 'soft lUD'...

N-400 Journey

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi Rosie74.

Though I am not an October filer, let me leave a comment here.

When I had my fingerprints taken, they were having such a hard time to take a fingerprint of my pinkie.

Two people tried for about thirty minutes, but they still could not be satisfied with the quality of the fingerprint.

Since we had no choice, we submitted it anyway. Though I was told that I may receive a letter telling me to show up for the second

biometrics, my fingerprints were accepted by FBI without a trouble. So, just because the screen tells you "match warning," it does

not necessarily mean that your fingerprints will be rejected.

Anyway, here is the phone number of FBI line you can call to see whether your fingerprints were accepted or not.

The number is 304-625-5590. I called the day after my biometrics date and they already knew whether they were accepted or not.

So, you should give a cell tomorrow. They should be able to tell you. :star:

For further information, please refer to http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...;hl=fingerprint

Good Luck

Nao

Past History

10/09/2007: Sent out I-129F

07/31/2008: K1 visa issued

08/05/2008: U.S. entry as a K1 visa holder

09/03/2008: Wedding at the City Hall:)

AOS timeline

09/18/2008: Sent out AOS/EAD/AP via Fedex

09/22/2008: Application received

09/26/2008: Application received Date on NOA1

10/16/2008: Biometrics appointment

10/17/2008: Touch

12/08/2008: Filed a Service Request for EAD (more than 75 days since petition received.)

12/22/2008: Infopass Appointment (Day 91 since EAD application filed)

12/22/2008: EAD approved (card production ordered/Day 91)

12/31/2008: AP received in mail :)

01/02/2009: EAD received in mail :)

01/09/2009: AOS interview letter received in mail :)

02/20/2009: Interview :) => Approved!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I have my biometrics tomorrow and yesterday evening while cooking I burnt one of my fingers a little bit. I felt so stupid!!! I can't see the burn anymore this morning and I hope it won't make a difference tomorrow, but I feel like I will have to go back to the office later.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
:wacko:

I just read link about AOS processing time. I am in CT, and i notice CT is the longest state to get you green card, it shows 414 days.

Really shock me! :o

Wow that is a very long time! I hope it will take less long for you. Maybe the statistics are based on old data and now it takes less time. :wacko:

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Hey Everyone,

Congrats on getting notices, biometrics and interview notices, i guess the wait begins.For some of us, its not a very long wait and to others, well you know how that goes but i wanted to let everyone know not to give up, track your progress, observe, research,make necessary calls etc..This website is a great resource along with some others. I am an October 1st filer and wanted to share my timeline with you all and where i am at thus far.

10/01/08 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox

10/03/03 Package received at Chicago (Day 1)

10/10/08 Checks cashed per my bank (Day 7)

10/15/08 NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 (Day 12)

10/20/08 Biometrics appointment notice for Nov 4 (Day 17)

10/22/08 Notice for RFE showed on online (Day 19)

10/27/08 Notice for RFE hard copy received in the mail (Day 24)

11/04/08 Biometrics done (Day 32)

11/10/08 Sent RFE letter with missing initial evidence (I-693) back to USCIS ( Day 38)

:wacko:

I just read link about AOS processing time. I am in CT, and i notice CT is the longest state to get you green card, it shows 414 days.

Really shock me! :o

Wow that is a very long time! I hope it will take less long for you. Maybe the statistics are based on old data and now it takes less time. :wacko:

10/01/08 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox

10/03/08 Package received at Chicago (Day 1)

10/10/08 Checks cashed per my bank (Day 7)

10/15/08 NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 (Day 12)

10/20/08 Biometrics appointment notice for Nov 4 (Day 17)

10/22/08 Notice for RFE showed on online (Day 19)

10/27/08 Notice for RFE hard copy received in the mail (Day 24)

11/04/08 Biometrics done (Day 32)

11/10/08 Sent RFE letter with missing initial evidence (I-693) back to USCIS ( Day 38)

11/12/08 Initial evidence (I-693) received by NBC (Day 40)

11/17/08 Response for evidence received, case processing resumed (Day 45)

12/10/08 EAD card production ordered (Day 68)

12/16/08 EAD card production ordered again--Send the damn card already!! (Day 74)

12/19/08 EAD Approval Notice Sent (Day 77)

12/20/08 EAD and interview letter received in the mail (Day 78)

2/24/09 Interview @ 8am ( Day 144) - AOS APPROVED..PASSPORT STAMPED!!

3/2/2009 Received Welcome and I-130 Approval Notices. WE WELCOME YOU TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE USA!!

3/7/2009 Received permanent resident card in the mail.

11/24/2010 Remove Conditions (Day 635)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.