petrona

effect of major family change

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

:unsure: I am a us permanent resident who's green card expired and was on a conditional visa I went in to removed the conditions and was fingerprinted i have not yet received any notification as yet and do not have my paper work showing that i am still eligible to work how long does it take to received a new card and who may i contact to find out about my status

:unsure: I am a us permanent resident who's green card expired and was on a conditional visa I went in to removed the conditions and was fingerprinted i have not yet received any notification as yet and do not have my paper work showing that i am still eligible to work how long does it take to received a new card and who may i contact to find out about my status

What you're saying is a bit confusing. How can you be on a 'conditional visa' if you're a green card holder? What do you mean by you 'went in' to remove conditions? Where did you go? To remove conditions you send, via mail, a petition called I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence. Did you do this?

Your NOA receipt will have your case # listed on it. With that you can check the status of your case once you register here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

If you've done your biometrics (fingerprint) you're now only waiting on the decision. That should come in due time...

In order to get an idea of how long it will take, you can look under the "Immigration Timelines" in the "Lifting Conditions" section.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

What you're saying is a bit confusing. How can you be on a 'conditional visa' if you're a green card holder? What do you mean by you 'went in' to remove conditions? Where did you go? To remove conditions you send, via mail, a petition called I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence. Did you do this?

Your NOA receipt will have your case # listed on it. With that you can check the status of your case once you register here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

If you've done your biometrics (fingerprint) you're now only waiting on the decision. That should come in due time...

In order to get an idea of how long it will take, you can look under the "Immigration Timelines" in the "Lifting Conditions" section.

Good luck,

-P

i did the forms you mention already and went into the office soon after that my spouse and i seperated and they were the one who filed for me to come here and they have that paperwork including the receipt no.so what should :unsure: i do

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The I-797C that you should have received with your case file information is your extention document. This is the extent of what you will get until the card arrives.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

The I-797C that you should have received with your case file information is your extention document. This is the extent of what you will get until the card arrives.

and what should i do if i dont have that paper :unsure: ................................my spouse and i have been like any other married couple facing life ups and down and struggles :crying: but recently they did an unimaginable and unexpected thing which one would ask the question why and the out come of it could be very life changing we currently have small children i think the reason they did it is because of infidelty and they want me deported can they do that. if there is proof of infidelity and we are divorce do i get deported...... what happens

Timeline

and what should i do if i dont have that paper :unsure: ................................my spouse and i have been like any other married couple facing life ups and down and struggles :crying: but recently they did an unimaginable and unexpected thing which one would ask the question why and the out come of it could be very life changing we currently have small children i think the reason they did it is because of infidelty and they want me deported can they do that. if there is proof of infidelity and we are divorce do i get deported...... what happens

They cannot take your GC for any reason without due process of law.

YMMV

Call USCIS line and ask if they can send you a copy of I-797C. Not even sure if you have to pay for this. Do you have any A-number or tracking number written down? Worst case, congressman's aide can help you with this if USCIS is not helping.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Make an infopass appt. If your removal of conditions application has been submitted, they can look it up in their system and give you an I-551 stamp in your passport that will extend your conditional status for 1 year.

We never did get the NOA for our removal of conditions so we made an appt. and got the stamp instead.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Wait, are you saying you filed the I-751 to remove conditions, but then you and your husband separated....and now you do not have copies of the paperwork you filed?

Are you divorced or has a divorce been filed? This is important, because if you filed to remove conditions while still married, but now you've filed for divorce, you need to withdraw the initial I-751, wait for the divorce to come in and then file to remove conditions alone. Who wants you deported, your husband? It is something people may say in anger, but in truth there is little he can do to get you deported.

-P

-P

Wait, are you saying you filed the I-751 to remove conditions, but then you and your husband separated....and now you do not have copies of the paperwork you filed?

Are you divorced or has a divorce been filed? This is important, because if you filed to remove conditions while still married, but now you've filed for divorce, you need to withdraw the initial I-751, wait for the divorce to come in and then file to remove conditions alone. Who wants you deported, your husband? It is something people may say in anger, but in truth there is little he can do to get you deported.

-P

-P

yes we filed and then we seperated, it has been a while since we spoke and i heard through a friend they are seeking to file for a divorce....it has been a rough couple of months for me, and honestly i would like to work it out because i truly love my spouse because they gave me an oppertunity to come here and make a life but a current situation prevent its. any advice

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

-P

-P

yes we filed and then we seperated, it has been a while since we spoke and i heard through a friend they are seeking to file for a divorce....it has been a rough couple of months for me, and honestly i would like to work it out because i truly love my spouse because they gave me an oppertunity to come here and make a life but a current situation prevent its. any advice

You'll need to change your address officially with USCIS so they can send you the new green card.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

-P

-P

You'll need to change your address officially with USCIS so they can send you the new green card.

Isn't there a little more involved? If one files to remove conditions, but divorces in the meantime, doesn't the initial I-751 have to be withdrawn and a new one files?

I realize the OP hasn't been divorced yet so an address change may be all that she needs now, but if a divorce is granted before her I-751 is approved and CG is granted, doesn't that invalidate the filing to remove conditions, if done based on still being married?

-P

Timeline
Isn't there a little more involved? If one files to remove conditions, but divorces in the meantime, doesn't the initial I-751 have to be withdrawn and a new one files?

What is the magic date? Is it the date of the I-751 application is made? The date of the conditional card expiring? else?

If the applicant was married on the date the I-751 was submitted, and even still married on the date the GC expired, but if it takes the USCIS a year to adjudicate the application, then is it the applicant's fault if a divorce occured post expiry?

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What is the magic date? Is it the date of the I-751 application is made? The date of the conditional card expiring? else?

If the applicant was married on the date the I-751 was submitted, and even still married on the date the GC expired, but if it takes the USCIS a year to adjudicate the application, then is it the applicant's fault if a divorce occured post expiry?

It's possible the correct procedure would be to withdraw and reapply after the divorce is final but that would be after the green card expired. It's kind of a Catch 22. Doing so would probably assure the card got sent to the correct address but the second fee is a lot to pay if that's the only reason. This is a gray area.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.