Y's_habibitk

Answer from the congressman

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So, I got my answer from my congressman after inquiring into our K3 petition at VSC.

"Bla Bla your 130 will be pulled and processed when your 129f is processed. Currently the processing time for 129f's is Feb 1st 2008"

"VSC also told me that prioritization of processing of applications is frequently predicated on the personell resources available, however hundreds of new employees have been hired and once they are trained they are commited to the reducing the backlog"

I may call the contact I was given and ask that she ask some specifics. Maybe like, at what stage is our application? Backround checks or what? Hmmm, maybe I will

I just thought I'd share this with you guys

Lisa

Edited by Y_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Lisa - I can certainly understand the disappointment and frustration you have over this process - thanks for sharing the good & bad when you make a proactive move in your case. We will keep our fingers crossed for you & hope for the best with you. Take care .. Angel

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Timeline

Thanks! I hope that the line about hiring new employees is true and that they are trained quickly!

Good luck to you too

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

OMG gurl! Me too - tired of being away from my man! I used to think if you wanted to test a relationship - take a road trip with your SO. Completely rethought that theory since meeting my husband, marrying him & being introduced to this process! LOOOL

Blessings ...

The Journey through VSC:

The Journey through NVC:

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi Lisa! The answer you had got from your Congressman are the same answer I also got from our! That was already in July month, they told us that we soon can see the result of the extra staff they had hire. Now we are in end of September month, nothing much has happened. I sure it take a long time before this staff are going to produce something positive for us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Trust me, it is the usual load of old...

Hi Lisa! The answer you had got from your Congressman are the same answer I also got from our! That was already in July month, they told us that we soon can see the result of the extra staff they had hire. Now we are in end of September month, nothing much has happened. I sure it take a long time before this staff are going to produce something positive for us.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hi Lisa

They are still saying that? They have been saying the same thing for the past year. The truth is that the workload is so much that they are always in a deficit with getting things done. They are mis-managed and probably under budgeted...however, raising their fees was supposed to help with that so they could hire more people.

The NVC is the same way...a bunch of drones working the phones with no real answers, reading off what is on the computer screen. Its like your petition is out there on a tiny little life raft in the middle of the ocean trying to survive and who knows where it will end up. Its not very comforting that it takes so long but time will keep rolling on and eventually it will all be done. Easier said than done given that being away from your spouse for the entire first year of marriage and sometimes longer is absolutely not easy and unacceptable.

The time after its all done is when we need to continue to take a stand to right the process. We all get our answers...me included and get our spouse over here then we are happy. Yet, as unhappy as we are with the immigration process, we go on with our life and do the more important things that we need to do that are a priority in our lives and the immigration problem and issues never get fixed....the agency stays and continues on as screwed up as it always was.

Politically, immigration debates and issues are always focused on people crossing the border to come here illegally from attached land or Cuba. We never hear anything about how much time it takes to process a spouse visa...and how the K3 visa process, created to bring spouses and families together quicker while waiting for their regular immigrant petition to be completed is a complete failure.

No one (high enough to make a difference) seems to address this problem. How can we change that? Thats the question.

Deb :star:

So, I got my answer from my congressman after inquiring into our K3 petition at VSC.

"Bla Bla your 130 will be pulled and processed when your 129f is processed. Currently the processing time for 129f's is Feb 1st 2008"

"VSC also told me that prioritization of processing of applications is frequently predicated on the personell resources available, however hundreds of new employees have been hired and once they are trained they are commited to the reducing the backlog"

I may call the contact I was given and ask that she ask some specifics. Maybe like, at what stage is our application? Backround checks or what? Hmmm, maybe I will

Lisa

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lisa

So, basically, they feed everyone the same lines of BS no matter how high they are on the totem pole.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Guess what? We got a touch today. Two days after I got the response letter. Maybe thats a good sign! :D

Yes, standard answers... I figured thats what we would get back, but oh well.

I faxed off another request to the congressman, the worst they can say is: we did our best, good luck to ya! lol

YIPPEEE! we did a touch out of it!

Lisa

Thanks!

Timeline

You go gurl, do what ya gotta do! Skys the limit!

The Journey through VSC:

The Journey through NVC:

The Journey through AOS:

Timeline
Politically, immigration debates and issues are always focused on people crossing the border to come here illegally from attached land or Cuba. We never hear anything about how much time it takes to process a spouse visa...and how the K3 visa process, created to bring spouses and families together quicker while waiting for their regular immigrant petition to be completed is a complete failure.

No one (high enough to make a difference) seems to address this problem. How can we change that? Thats the question.

Deb :star:

Press attention? I dont think any candidate would want to touch it with a ten foot pole however.

You know, my dad made the same comment, that we have so many illegal immigrants and if you try to do the right thing you WAIT and WAIT and jump through firey hoops!

Thanks everyone for your input, and its good information to know that they have been saying that staff ####### for a year. I might use that fact to pester the congressman. :)

Lisa

Thanks!

Timeline
You go gurl, do what ya gotta do! Skys the limit!

Thanks! I was about to leave work when I decided to take one last compulsive look at the website, when I saw the update woohoo... its the little things make us so happy heh heh

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lisa

I just wonder how many of their staff has to stop processing petitions to take the time and train hundreds of new staff to stand around and do nothing ? sounds almost counter-productive to me. in other words, it will get worse before it gets better !!

2008-03-03 : I-130 Sent

2008-03-03 : I-130 NOA1

2008-05-08 : Touched

2008-10-16 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-03-27 : I-129F Sent

2008-03-31 : I-129F NOA1

2008-04-24 : Touched

2008-10-03 : Touched

2008-10-05 : Touched

2008-10-06 : Touched

2008-10-20 : Touched and Approved (NOA2)

2008-10-22 : NVC Receive

2008-10-24 : NVC Left

2008-10-30 : USEM Receive

2008-11-10 : Wife's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-01 : Son's Medical - PASSED

2008-12-19 : USEM Interview - PASSED

2009-01-14 : VISA RECEIVED

2009-01-25 : US Entry (JFK)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lisa,

I just want to say that I wish you the very best. (F)

Keep pressing in and never stop fighting !

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Lisa,

I just want to say that I wish you the very best. (F)

Keep pressing in and never stop fighting !

Thank you. :star:

We got touched again today btw! :D

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.