ForeverAmen

Blank Period of Evidence

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My husband and I were married in March 2006. In December of 2006 we had our AOS interview. During the interview we provided various household bills as proof of our marriage. At that time the farthest thing from our mind was Removal of Conditions, 2 years later. Well ... during our interview in Dec. of 2006 the proof we provided were all originals!!!!! Hence - we have the bulk of our proof starting with December 2006 until present. Any suggestions for how we fill in the 9 month gap during 2006? I did manage to find a few junk mail with our names on it to cover the span of March - December 2006. But as for copies of actual household bills ... we have nothing! By the way - we do have bank statements from that time, but nothing else.

Thanks.

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I could be wrong in saying this but.. ignore the 9 month gap, at this point it's irrelevant. I think all the evidence your going to really need will start from the date of AOS Dec 2006, everything before has already been done!

We're sending in our packet this week and all our evidence starts the month of my AOS Oct 2006 and ends this month Sept 2008, there is nothing before that included. We proved what we needed to prove to get the K1 then we proved what we needed to prove to gain my current status that I entered within the time frame and married within 90 days.. that we where married. Now all we have to prove is that we're still married, it's a real genuine marriage and thats more or less it?

I don't think we need to go over old ground again and resubmit evidence for things we've already proved in the past which of course has been accepted by USCIS previously, otherwise we'd not be at this point in the process?

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's plenty. I didn't bother with much evidence until after we received the AOS, which was 5 months after we married. During that time, all I really sent in was pictures. I didn't even put most of our bills into both our names till early this year.

The tax return covers that. And, the bank statements started then. Otherwise nothing else.

Evidence is evidence. Don't overthink this. You will be just fine.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you are really concerned you can make a statement in a cover letter that USCIS already has the original documentary evidence from date of marriage to XXX date 9 months later that you provided for the AOS. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

At this point you are trying to show a continuing relationship with your spouse. You need to show them that your lives together are connected financially. They want to see joint tax returns, joint bills, credit cards, letters from friends that have known you over this time, etc. We did not have any joint accounts until a few months before we started to prepare for filing to remove conditions. I got a credit card with my wife's name first and made sure I was listed on the card also (joint liability). We also opened up a joint checking account which is really my wife's account but I knew we needed to show joint financial connections. We submitted only a few recent copies of the front page of the bank account and credit card statements. I think it helped also that I had named my wife the beneficiary of my retirement and life insurance accounts.

Don't worry about any time before AOS. You need to concentrate on the time since then. The USCIS wants to see a lot of joint financial responsibility. I think there are a lot of American couples that couldn't prove this if they had to.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Boaz,

I wouldn't worry too much about sending stuff between when you were married and when you got the AOS, as you already gave them that original information covering that timeframe during your AOS interview. Whatever you still have during that marriage March 2006-AOS December 2006 period is good, so if you can, you should submit that stuff, but think of it as a bonus/extra information for the I-751. Mainly focus on the evidence that you have from the AOS to the present, as that time period of needed information will cover both the period of your marriage and your conditional green card too.

In my situation, I mainly submitted all of my information starting from the AOS/Green Card approval onwards to the present, except for a few photos and some other minor joint documents before then from the time of our marriage in April 2006 to the approval in November 2006, which I thought of as extra information from what I already have onwards. This is mainly because before I could not be jointly added to any financial information during that "blank period" since I did not have an SSN until January 2007 onwards. I figure that "I can only give them what I have", so if I have a "blank period" of financial information from April 2006-January 2007, then so be it, as "I don't have it". After all, I can't submit what I don't have, right?

Hope this helps. Don't worry too much about the "blank period", especially since they already saw your information during the AOS interview. Good luck on your immigration situation too.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

My husband and I were married in March 2006. In December of 2006 we had our AOS interview. During the interview we provided various household bills as proof of our marriage. At that time the farthest thing from our mind was Removal of Conditions, 2 years later. Well ... during our interview in Dec. of 2006 the proof we provided were all originals!!!!! Hence - we have the bulk of our proof starting with December 2006 until present. Any suggestions for how we fill in the 9 month gap during 2006? I did manage to find a few junk mail with our names on it to cover the span of March - December 2006. But as for copies of actual household bills ... we have nothing! By the way - we do have bank statements from that time, but nothing else.

Thanks.

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My attorney told me not to bother with any of the time during the AOS, they already know about that... however, if you are worried write a little letter stating this

I sent my entire phone bill, only to show we have not only home phone together, but a joint cell phone plan where you see us constantly calling each other during the work day but not at much night or weekend (as we are usually together then) and we show us calling each others family and friends numbers from each phone.

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.