flowercat.mimi

Finally interviewed in Stockholm. But I am still worried......

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Maybe some of you still remember my story. I was scheduled by NVC an interview in Stockholm, but the embassy in Stockholm didn't want to interview me because I am not citizen of Sweden. After 3 weeks of struggle, finally they accepted me and scheduled me another interview on last Thursday, the day before my PhD defense. Anyway, I know it's crazy but I don't want to bother them anymore, since they are already doing me a big favor. :blink:

So I flew to Stockholm one day earlier, slept one night in Stockholm, and reached the embassy on time. At the gate, I only saw one line for non-immigration visa. I asked around, but nobody knew where the line for immigration visa is. Finally I realized I was the only one for immigration visa, that's why there was no line......

I entered the embassy, gave my passport to the window, waited for about 40 min, then my name was called. The consul is a very nice looking guy. I said "good morning" but he said "nihao", which is my language, Chinese. I was surprised. :whistle: The interview was happy, he didn't ask for any photo or telephone record. I was quite relaxed actually. Finally he told me the documents and the interview were OK. But he wanted me to send the electronic version of my CV to them, so they will send it to Washington. In about 30 days, Washington will approve it, and then they will issue me a visa. He wanted to keep my passport, but later he decided to return it to me, in case I would need to travel during the 30 days. But when the CV has been approved, they will inform me to send the passport to them again. He said he's quite confident I should be able to leave for US in Oct.

It took me about 20 min. After I left the window, I saw two other Chinese waiting for interview. Talked with them for half minute and told them about my story. I don't know if all the Chinese will have the same problem as I had, or it's only for long-term visa application. I just asked them to be prepared......Anyway, they looked kind of nervous and unhappy also......

Then I flew back to my town, where my supervisor was waiting for me, almost had heart attack. :blink: I finished the PhD defense on Friday. I sent my CV to them on Sunday. I will call to make sure they got it. I am a PhD of biology. I tried to remove all the words related to bacteria or virus from my CV......I don't want to scare anybody......

Will everything be fine? Will I be able to see my husband in Oct? Maybe I worry too much, but since the PhD defense has been done, I have nothing else to worry...... :wacko:

Edited by flowercat.mimi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
Maybe some of you still remember my story. I was scheduled by NVC an interview in Stockholm, but the embassy in Stockholm didn't want to interview me because I am not citizen of Sweden. After 3 weeks of struggle, finally they accepted me and scheduled me another interview on last Thursday, the day before my PhD defense. Anyway, I know it's crazy but I don't want to bother them anymore, since they are already doing me a big favor. :blink:

So I flew to Stockholm one day earlier, slept one night in Stockholm, and reached the embassy on time. At the gate, I only saw one line for non-immigration visa. I asked around, but nobody knew where the line for immigration visa is. Finally I realized I was the only one for immigration visa, that's why there was no line......

I entered the embassy, gave my passport to the window, waited for about 40 min, then my name was called. The consul is a very nice looking guy. I said "good morning" but he said "nihao", which is my language, Chinese. I was surprised. :whistle: The interview was happy, he didn't ask for any photo or telephone record. I was quite relaxed actually. Finally he told me the documents and the interview were OK. But he wanted me to send the electronic version of my CV to them, so they will send it to Washington. In about 30 days, Washington will approve it, and then they will issue me a visa. He wanted to keep my passport, but later he decided to return it to me, in case I would need to travel during the 30 days. But when the CV has been approved, they will inform me to send the passport to them again. He said he's quite confident I should be able to leave for US in Oct.

It took me about 20 min. After I left the window, I saw two other Chinese waiting for interview. Talked with them for half minute and told them about my story. I don't know if all the Chinese will have the same problem as I had, or it's only for long-term visa application. I just asked them to be prepared......Anyway, they looked kind of nervous and unhappy also......

Then I flew back to my town, where my supervisor was waiting for me, almost had heart attack. :blink: I finished the PhD defense on Friday. I sent my CV to them on Sunday. I will call to make sure they got it. I am a PhD of biology. I tried to remove all the words related to bacteria or virus from my CV......I don't want to scare anybody......

Will everything be fine? Will I be able to see my husband in Oct? Maybe I worry too much, but since the PhD defense has been done, I have nothing else to worry...... :wacko:

Hi Flower Cat,

I remember your story , good thing that you can had interview at Us embassy in Stockholm.

and just wait and pray for the visa, dont worry to much.

did you get pink slip after interview?

Case complate : August 27th 2008 , Interview date will on Oct 29th 2008

Package forwarded to Local embassy : Sept 11th 2008

Package received : Sept 15th 2008

Receive interview mail : Sept 30, 2008

Medical check : Oct 1st 2008 passed

Vaccination : Oct 1st 2008 , OK got 2 shots

New Interview date : Oct 21st 2008 VISA APPROVED AND ISSUED

POE at Phoenix : NOV 28th smooth

Receive Welcome letter and SSN : Dec 17th 2008

Green card received : Dec 22th 2008

Hi Flower Cat,

I remember your story , good thing that you can had interview at Us embassy in Stockholm.

and just wait and pray for the visa, dont worry to much.

did you get pink slip after interview?

I didn't see anything pink :blink:

He just gave me a piece of paper saying that I need to send the CV to them.

I just need to know if they got my email and could open that file, but I tried for 40 minutes to call the embassy, but always busy line! ALWAYS! :devil:

Edited by flowercat.mimi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

even though I don't know what visa you are trying to get--they asked for a CV?! Is this typical? Having read lots of threads here on VJ, I've never heard of that before.

Sorry I'm no help here but I did want to say CONGRATULATIONS on finishing the PhD. That's fantastic!

Time Line

2007-11-10.....Marriage in Ecuador

2008-01-11.....I-130 Sent

2008-04-28.....I-130 Approved

2008-05-02.....NVC Received

2008-08-20.....Case Complete at NVC

2008-10-14.....Interview--221g, asked to present joint sponsor inspite of NVC approval

2008-11-07.....Visa due to arrive. DHL truck delivering visa was robbed, Consulate required us to present I-864s and DS-230 again, had to get a new passport and other related documents

2008-11-14.....Presented all new documents in person at Consulate, visa printed same day

2008-11-25.....POE Atlanta

2008-12-26.....Green Card and 2nd Welcome Letter arrive

2010-09-02.....Date of NOA ROC 1-751

2010-12-13.....Approval of ROC

2011-01-12.....10 year Permanent Resident card arrived

2011-12-20.....N-400 Application mailed

2011-12-29.....NOA

2012-02-02.....Walk-in biometrics (appt was for 2/16)

2012-04-17.....Interview

2012-05-18.....Naturalization Ceremony

even though I don't know what visa you are trying to get--they asked for a CV?! Is this typical? Having read lots of threads here on VJ, I've never heard of that before.

Sorry I'm no help here but I did want to say CONGRATULATIONS on finishing the PhD. That's fantastic!

Thanks! :whistle: I had a fantastic party on Friday evening also, everybody was asking when I would move to US

I am applying for IR-1 visa. Maybe because I am highly educated biologist (sensitive subject?), so they need to pay more attention. But actually my work is all about trees, flowers etc. I saw similar case before on this forum, so I brought my CV to the interview. But he didn't even want to see the print-out CV, he asked for an electronic version.

Finally I was confirmed that they got my email. But this time the operater said it might take at least a month. The consul told me roughly 30 days. Anyway, I told them I would call again if no news in 5 weeks.

Timeline

Hi Flower cat,

what kind of visa did you apply?

in this forum we are discussing CR/IR Visa or may be some K Visa.

based on the experinace from VJ memeber I have read after intervies they got slip ( there are white, blue and Pink) .

however, you should call again embassy and clarify your interview status and ask when the visa issued.

CV here mean Curriculum Vitae? or what ??

why they need that? if your visa is related with family re-union , I think no need CV.

But it can be, everything depends on local embassy .

if so then it will be the first story I read.

Hi Flower cat,

based on the experinace from VJ memeber I have read after intervies they got slip ( there are white, blue and Pink) .

however, you should call again embassy and clarify your interview status and ask when the visa issued.

why they need that? if your visa is related with family re-union , I think no need CV.

I apply for IR1. They didn't give me any slip and I didn't see any others hold any slip when left the window. Maybe you mean that piece of paper he gave me. It is white...... :wacko:

Maybe just because I am a biologist, and I am PhD. Highly educated person in sensitive scientific field :blink:

But it seems the interviewer was quite confident, and he even apologized for the delay.

Edited by flowercat.mimi

Timeline

Hi Flower cat,

I apply for IR1. They didn't give me any slip and I didn't see any others hold any slip when left the window.

Maybe just because I am a biologist, and I am PhD. Highly educated person in sensitive scientific field :blink:

But it seems the interviewer was quite confident, and he even apologized for the delay.

Ok, then dont worry, may be they need to check more detail about Job and your experiances since you are scientic of biology.

If embassy need 1 month to clarify then wait...relax but I cant stop you to stay worry.

May be the slip will you get after they clarify your CV.

Thanks to share with us.

wish you all the best then you can visit your husband ASAP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

This isn't the first time I have seen this, the Canadian Husband of one of our VJ members went through the same thing a few months ago - being asked for his CV then having to wait while they reviewed it. It seems it may have something to do with your line of study/work. It took them a couple of months to get their visa after the interview.

Some of the information is in this thread you might also want to view postings by her Husband FEW

also:

He's released!

I see wowswift posted while I was posting - but i'll leave this posting here for you anyway.

Edited by trailmix

This happens to a few people, here is a thread from a guy in Canada that it happened too. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=105833&hl=

I have read the story of this guy, that's why I brought a print-out of my CV to the interview. But he only would like to have an electronic version with word file.

All the people around me asked me to revise the CV to remove all the words that may look scary, such as bacteria and virus. :blink: So finally what I sent to them was a simplified version. I have no idea what exactly they need :blink: It's not really for job seeking, maybe doesn't need to contain everything

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody, I just want to update my situation. I have already stepped on the soil of United States! :dance::dance::dance:

My case was sent to AP. Since the 5th week, I started to call the embassy, and my husband calls DOS, once every week. Finally the telephone operator of the embassy could easily recognize my voice. :blink: She always told me it's normal and AP could take a couple of months. She couldn't see any problem with my case. Although for some cases it may take up to a year, I don't need to worry too much about it. Anyway, just when I started to feel hopeless, on 12th Nov, I got an email from the embassy with only one sentence, asking me to send the passport to them. I did it on the same day. Then the next day they got my passport and issued the visa immediately. 2 days later I got my visa package back. :dance: As I could see from the visa, the AP was actually cleared already on 6th Nov. I don't know why they didn't notify me immdediately. Actually I was still crying at home on 8th Nov. :wacko: Sure it's easy and a bit funny to say this now, but the 2 months' endless waiting is really really torture. I have to encourage myself all the time and convince myself it will be done soon.

Anyway, I also want to show my greatest appreciation to the embassy of US in Stockholm. They did me a big big favor. If they didn't accept my case as an exception, maybe at this moment I were still waiting for the scheduled appointment in Guangzhou, China. Also I will miss the telephone operator, she is like an old friend of mine, although I am not allowed to know her name. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations on getting out of AP :dance: :dance: . Hope others in technical field will get much valuable information from your case and be ready for more scrutiny.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.