what is NOA1 and NOA2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hello every body,

hope all fine

What is NOA1 and NOA2?

when will i receive NOA1 and NOA2?

what do i have to do after receiving it?

look forward to have your valued guideline.

regards

The way I understand it:

NOA1 is the first notice, informing you that USCIS already received your papers.

You will get it through email and airmail. Once you have it, relax and take a deep deep breath because that's the time you will have to wait for NOA2.

NOA2 is the second notice or the notice of approval, it will take months for this, check the processing time so you will have an idea.

They will send it through email and airmail too. After receiving NOA2 that is the time you can schedule for Interview.

Good luck :thumbs:

For we walk by faith, not by sight.

II Corinthians 5:7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

NOA1 stands for Notice of Assesment 1 - opened.

It means that your file has been recieved by USCIS, the cheque has been cashed and the process started. You will recieve this somewhere between a week and a month of them intially recieving the package. However they always file the NOA1 before cashing the cheque, so if you send a personal check you can track when its cleared to have a good idea of when the NOA1 has been sent. Once you recieve this you sit back and twiddle your tumbs and troll VJ like the rest of us.

NOA2 stands for Notice of Assessment - Approved.

When you recieve this it marks your next steps towards your visa (prep for your packet 3 to arrive, interview, medical etc) you will recieve both an email (if you sign up for it) of this and a hardcopy. As for how long this will take, well you could be lucky and have it in a couple of months, or 6 months, some have even waited over a year! Dont fret though, the average for VSC is about 4-5 months and CSC is about 4-6 months atm, though this will change without notice lol.

When you get NOA2 you will get instructions on where to go in the means of organising the NVC, your fiance will have to fill in packet 3 and arranging for the medical and interview, dependant on the country once you recieve the NOA2 your looking at a month or 2 till having the visa if all goes well.

Hope this helps, if you need to know more the guides up the top of the page really help out :)

- Mara

06-18-2006 Met online in WoW

04-25-2007 Admitted that we had feelings for each other started talking on skype everyday!

10-12-2007 Met in US in person for the first time, love at first sight lol, 2 perfect months together.

06-21-2008 Engaged

08-16-2008 Package finally put together and posted to Vermont! Let the real games begin.

08-21-2008 Delieved, least thats what Fedex told us....

08-27-2008 Check Cashed *dances* come on NOA1!!!!!

08-29-2008 NOA1

10-27-2008 RFE

11-10-2008 RFE returned

03-01-2009 Confirmed Case lost by USCIS

04-03-2009 Refiled K1 Visa application complete with expedite due to USCIS error.

05-14-2009 K1 package once again has vanished....

06-08-2009 Hired lawyer to proceed with Appeal process.

06-26-2009 Paperwork Fedex'ed to lawyer

07-02-2009 Lawyer submitted our suit to court

07-17-2009 Court day 2: Success, must respond by 21st August. - No result ever came from this.

10/06/2009 Withdrew K1 petition

10/10/2009 Married

10/24/2009 CR1 packet completed and posted

10/26/2009 Packet arrived at Chicago - And Submitted our Aussie application

11/04/2009 Application of CR1 returned - was rejected because of a "blurry zip code" we didn't bother to re-apply given that Chris had lost his job

04/05/2010 Australian application still pending

September 2010 - Chris arrived in Australia on Temporary Visa.

10/10/2011 - 2 year wedding anniversary - Chris to be granted Australian Permanent Residency

Summer 2012 - Planned immigration to USA.

*We have visited each other 8 times since 2007*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hello every body,

hope all fine

What is NOA1 and NOA2?

when will i receive NOA1 and NOA2?

what do i have to do after receiving it?

look forward to have your valued guideline.

regards

Welcome to VJ and i think its your new topic

the NOA! means (Notice Of Action 1) and you will receive it when you will send your papers to the USCIS they will send you the NOA1 ( 7 or 1o days after they receive your petition ) so it means they received your petition .

NOA2 mean (Notice Of Action 2) it means they approve your petition and you will receive it when the USCIS approve your petition

and for more info you can read the guides guides

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Edited by Hot Guy

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hotguy has the correct definition of noa

mbc

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
The way I understand it:

NOA2 is the second notice or the notice of approval, it will take months for this, check the processing time so you will have an idea.

They will send it through email and airmail too. After receiving NOA2 that is the time you can schedule for Interview.

Good luck :thumbs:

The NOA2 is the 2nd Notice of Action. It does not necessarily mean that you will receive approval. Sometimes they are denied. You can find notes in regards to this here, in the FAQs section...

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-I129f.html#3.14

NOA1 stands for Notice of Assesment 1 - opened.

NOA2 stands for Notice of Assessment - Approved.

See above.

Here are the links for India's Embassies info for what happens if you receive approval.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...amp;cty=Chennai

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...a&cty=Delhi

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Mumbai

Here is the link to FAQs for what happens next...

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-application.html

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.