spookyturtle

If a resume was required to be a presidential candidate

79 posts in this topic

Chicago deaths higher than Iraq

SOME 65 American soldiers were killed in Iraq between the start of the Memorial Day weekend on 26 May and the end of the summer on Labour Day, 1 September.

However, 123 people were shot and killed in Chicago over the same period, a study revealed yesterday.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/world/Chic...Iraq.4465250.jp

Edited by ={Rogue}=

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Obama was a Community Organizer (a skill/job title yet to be defined)? :lol:

sounds like a new term for a garbageman.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Hmm, let's see what the peeps in this country have to say about experience in the latest polls:

Eighty percent say McCain, with nearly three decades in Congress, has the right experience to be president.

Just 46 percent say Obama, now in his fourth year in the Senate, is experienced enough.

Another 47 percent say Obama lacks the proper experience — an even worse reading than the 36 percent who had the same criticism about Palin, now in her second year as governor after serving as a small-town mayor in her state.

source

miss_me_yet.jpg

SOME 65 American soldiers were killed in Iraq between the start of the Memorial Day weekend on 26 May and the end of the summer on Labour Day, 1 September.

However, 123 people were shot and killed in Chicago over the same period, a study revealed yesterday.

I say we pull out of Chicago.

I don't think Obama is a bad man at all. I think he may even be Presidential material in the future. I don't think he qualifies today.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I say we pull out of Chicago.

Barry bailed out at the first sign of trouble, thats why he wants to lve in the white house.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Come on, let's have a bit of Obama bashing to even things out. Where is your sense of fairness?

Hello:

Obama wouldn't even get an interview. McCain would. So would Biden. Palin wouldn't. Hmmm........

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline
[

His only experience as serving the people in any circumstance was Texas Governor. That's it.

6 years of Governor. Obama will have, if/when inaugurated, 10 years.

Good attempt at spinning though. Last I checked the board of directors are not "the people", so no, a CEO does not serve the people and no doesn't count as experience relevant to the Presidency.

Forget about Bush, what has Obama done? What is on his resume? Besides talk, what has he run?

He hasn't done ####. Besides sponsor a few bills which went nowhere. However, since we're basing things on "experience" (which is retarded in itself, but they like to compare irrelevant things), Obama still has more.

Serving the people is important but the President serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the USA, making executive decisions. State and US Senators are not executives.

Problem is CEO's don't owe allegiance to the people, just the board of directors. A very, very small portion of this country. So if your suggestion is they owe their allegiance to PAC and those who fund them, then I can agree, because that's how things are now.

You can spin things any way you want but being President of anything is about executive decisions and the buck stopping with you. There's no voting "present" in an executive office. There's no voting at all, just "decisions" for which you are immediately and forever accountable.

CEO's also make sure to get a fat pension when they leave. Bottomline -- money. Bottom line of being a President -- money? No. Serving the people.

this number keeps growing and growing. how did we get to 10 years now?

Not very sharp on the "experience" thing are you? He's been both a state and U.S. Senator.

Unless you're suggesting they don't count.

Hmm, let's see what the peeps in this country have to say about experience in the latest polls:

Eighty percent say McCain, with nearly three decades in Congress, has the right experience to be president.

Just 46 percent say Obama, now in his fourth year in the Senate, is experienced enough.

Another 47 percent say Obama lacks the proper experience — an even worse reading than the 36 percent who had the same criticism about Palin, now in her second year as governor after serving as a small-town mayor in her state.

source

ditto.......experience, experience, EXPERIENCE :devil:

miss_me_yet.jpg

He {W} was a sitting Governer and former CEO in the private sector.

Remind us, how many businesses did W run into the ground? :lol:

Ran into the ground or not- it still equates to lessons learned in the private sector, aka EXPERIENCE!!!!! :whistle:

And, experience that Obama lacks.....

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

Timeline

source

ditto.......experience, experience, EXPERIENCE :devil:

Why don't I see you quoting irrelevant polls that cite Obama ahead?

Oh that's right, because 1,217 (possibly?) random people represent the entire country.

Boooring.

Edit: Actually, it might represent most of the voters in Palin's Wasilla, Alaska.

Edited by SRVT