licianne

STILL No Oath Letter!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

My husband's interview was in West Palm Beach on August 13th. He passed and the interviewer told him to expect the oath letter in 2 weeks to a month, and that it should be in time for him to vote.

We still haven't heard anything and I am starting to freak out. Especially because we are going out of town for a wedding at the beginning of October.

I have an Infopass scheduled for next week.

Does anyone have any experience with the West Palm Beach timeline?

I-751

I-751 received at TSC: 4/05/07

NOA Date: 04/20/07

Walk-in Biometrics: 04/25/07

Transferred to VSC: 02/01/08

Transfer email received: 02/22/08

Last Touch: 02/25/08

Received e-mail "Card Production Ordered": 04/25/08

Green Card received: 05/01/08

N-400

Sent to TSC: 04/07/08

Received at TSC: 04/09/08

Check Cashed: 04/11/08

Priority Date: 04/09/08

NOA Date: 04/15/08

Biometrics Date: 04/29/08

Interview Date: 08/13/08-Passed!

Oath Letter Received: 09/11/08

Oath Ceremony: 09/24/08

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband's interview was in West Palm Beach on August 13th. He passed and the interviewer told him to expect the oath letter in 2 weeks to a month, and that it should be in time for him to vote.
Well, gee....it has not yet been a month. I dunno what you're freaking out about....and if you think your vote actually counts for anything - well - now THAT is something to freak out about.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Well, gee....it has not yet been a month. I dunno what you're freaking out about....and if you think your vote actually counts for anything - well - now THAT is something to freak out about.

I can understand her state of frustration, we were in a state of semi-permanency with a new five year foreign passport and a ten year green card. But when you are called in for your interview and have no idea when this started process will finish with a simple oath letter. You are back in limbo again. Let bygones be bygones when my wife received her certificate last Wednesday, but was a bit disturbed when our field office had all the tools to issue my wife her oath after her interview, but her interviewer said they did not, that was a lie. When you are waiting for that oath letter, each day becomes an eternity again, because you cannot make plans. Said the hell with it, picked up the phone and called my senator's office and got some quick action.

In the civics test the single most important factor to becoming a USC is the right to vote and since an election is coming up, that is the reason I used and it worked. You don't use logic, you use what works. And we both know that the two parties will use every dirty trick in the book to get your vote, it's a shame that is the way it is, but that is the way it is.

Took my wife in yesterday with her certificate to register to vote, was a bit shocked when they didn't want to see it, just her driver's license for proof of residency. But she had to fill out a form swearing she was a USC and if found out she wasn't, would be in deep trouble. Ha, wife's first question is where can she apply for a government job, since she also works with governmental agencies, well aware of the additional benefits, but learned to get those benefits, has to be on the federal level.

While the hospital and clinic where she works is one big building, each has it's own legal and administration departments. Each said they need a copy of her certificate for their records that she is a USC and made copies for their records, said it was the law.

Decided to hold off on SS and apply for the passport first, have an appointment set up for 8:00AM Monday morning. Have to read the DS-11 instructions again, saw the word legible, but have yet to see the word, original, well doesn't make any difference, they want the original, kind of ties your hands when you need that certificate for other stuff.

Sounds like to me that licianne's husband got the same kind of dingbat interviewer like my wife did, the kind that make their own rules because they don't know ####### about their job. That is where the luck comes in and you have to take extra steps to get out of that state of limbo.

With other agencies, especially for the technical ones, they will hire anybody with a degree in either the arts or basket weaving, don't know #######, but have the authority, never was fun in having to work with people like that. In a like manner, people are put in charge because they helped the president get elected that also don't know #######, and they wonder why there are problems.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't know about your area but you if you know the city where you are going for the oath ceremony you can call the US District Court and ask them when the next scheduled oath ceremony is. This will give you a date and normally you will get a letter about two weeks before..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, my husband didn't make his oath ceremony, the letter came about 6 - 7 days after his interview, and he had left for morocco in the meantime, thinking it would take a long time. What a predicament! All I could do was type the letter explaining the situation and send it along with the oath letter. That oath ceremony was on August 20th in Denver. Mid last week in the mail arrived a notice of action that said: "This is to advise you that, as requested, we have canceled the Oath Ceremony appointment on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 9:15am for the above applicant. We will advise you of anyfurther action taken on this case, including any rescheduled Oath Ceremony appointment information, under separate notice." The NOA was dated August 29th. My heart kind of sunk at the 'advise you of any further action' part. I could only wonder what that meant! And I was so angry with him for not waiting it out! I still am.....

Then yesterday in the mail arrived another 'invitation' (as I call it) to attend the Oath Ceremony held on Tuesday, September 23rd at 8:45am at another place in Denver. He WILL NOT miss this one!

I hope this information is helpful for others who are facing a similar situation.

I have a question though, all the boxes except for 'other' are checked on the letter. Doesn't he need to take just take his 10 yr. gc? What other immigration documents are they talking about? And he won't have a reentry permit.

Thanks!

I-751 timeline:

Dec. 27, 2006 mailed I-751 packet

Jan. 4, 2007 date on NOA

Jan. 30, 2007 Biometrics

Feb. 1, 2007 last time our file was touched....

April 1, 2008, file touched and transferred to CSC

April 2, 2008, file touched again....

April 14, 2008 NOA about transfer

May 12, 2008 email stating 10 yr card ordered

May 19, 2008 10 yr card received

N-400 timeline:

May 7, 2008 mailed in N-400 packet

May 9, 2008 USCIS receives and signs for (by F. Heinauer) N-400 packet

May 19, 2008 NOA of receipt of N-400 and NOA for biometrics

May 30, 2008 biometrics

Aug. 5, 2008 Naturalization interview

Sept. 23, 2008 Oath ceremony, new US Citizen!! (have dual citizenship)

Well, my husband didn't make his oath ceremony, the letter came about 6 - 7 days after his interview, and he had left for morocco in the meantime, thinking it would take a long time. What a predicament! All I could do was type the letter explaining the situation and send it along with the oath letter. That oath ceremony was on August 20th in Denver. Mid last week in the mail arrived a notice of action that said: "This is to advise you that, as requested, we have canceled the Oath Ceremony appointment on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 at 9:15am for the above applicant. We will advise you of anyfurther action taken on this case, including any rescheduled Oath Ceremony appointment information, under separate notice." The NOA was dated August 29th. My heart kind of sunk at the 'advise you of any further action' part. I could only wonder what that meant! And I was so angry with him for not waiting it out! I still am.....

Then yesterday in the mail arrived another 'invitation' (as I call it) to attend the Oath Ceremony held on Tuesday, September 23rd at 8:45am at another place in Denver. He WILL NOT miss this one!

I hope this information is helpful for others who are facing a similar situation.

I have a question though, all the boxes except for 'other' are checked on the letter. Doesn't he need to take just take his 10 yr. gc? What other immigration documents are they talking about? And he won't have a reentry permit.

Thanks!

Well now im worried. I had my interview in denver back in july and still waiting on oath letter. I didnt get one for Augusts ceremony and looks like i missed out on september too. I did tell them i would be out of town till the 19th sept so maybe that messed something up. You must have got your letter on the 7th. Ugh...what can I do now????

Chris (Colorado) & Caroline (Australia)

Mar 17 2005 Became Conditional Permanent Resident - St Paddys Day

I-751 Application

Jan 9, 2007: Application for removal of conditions received at NSC.

April 1, 2008: Case transferred to CSC

April 9, 2008: Approved!!!! Card is on its way.

April 15, 2008: Received card in the mail. YAY!!!

N-400 Citizenship Application

Mar 19, 2008: Mailed in N-400 Application

Mar 27, 2008: Check cashed

Mar 31, 2008: Received NOA1. Priority Date March 21, 2008

Apr 4, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment letter

Apr 16, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Jun 6, 2008: Received Interview letter

July 14, 2008: Citizenship Interview. Passed. Awaiting oath ceremony date.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Whew! Got the Oath Letter on 9/11, just shy of a month from the interview. Our oath ceremony is on 9/24/08!

I-751

I-751 received at TSC: 4/05/07

NOA Date: 04/20/07

Walk-in Biometrics: 04/25/07

Transferred to VSC: 02/01/08

Transfer email received: 02/22/08

Last Touch: 02/25/08

Received e-mail "Card Production Ordered": 04/25/08

Green Card received: 05/01/08

N-400

Sent to TSC: 04/07/08

Received at TSC: 04/09/08

Check Cashed: 04/11/08

Priority Date: 04/09/08

NOA Date: 04/15/08

Biometrics Date: 04/29/08

Interview Date: 08/13/08-Passed!

Oath Letter Received: 09/11/08

Oath Ceremony: 09/24/08

good for you! i got my letter 3 months after the interview, so you're doing really good!

Lord blessed be Your name!

K1:

NOA 1 - March 31 2004

NOA 2 - July 7

to Manila - July 30

called embassy for interview date - Aug 17

Recvd K packet - Aug 24

CFO - Sept 7

Medical - Sept 15 & 16

Interview - Oct 8

Visa on hand - Oct 13 YES! thank You God!

POE - October 23

AOS & EAD:

Marriage at the beautiful St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands - Nov 6

SSN - Nov 29

State ID - Dec 1

AOS & EAD applied for - Dec. 6

NOAs for AOS & EAD - recvd mail on Dec 15 but receipt date is Dec 8

got TD shot for AOS - Dec. 15 paid $15

passd written exam for DL- Jan 03 2005

Biometrics for EAD & AOS - Jan 10

Biometrics AGAIN (???) - Feb 2

EAD recved - Jan 29

recved AOS interview letter - march 2

AOS interview - april 27 SUCCESS!! Thank You so much God! You never fail.

welcome to America letter - may 2

recvd "green" card - may 5 2005

got driver's license - may 20

removing conditions:

lifting of conditions on GC - jan 31 2007

NOA date - february 06

recvd NOA - february 26

recvd biometrics apptmnt letter - march 2

biometrics appt - march 12

citizenship:

sent N-400: february 25, 2008

recved: february 27

priority date: february 27

notice date: march 4

recved NOA1: march 6

recved biometrics letter: march 10

biometrics: march 19

intrvw letter rec'd: april 3

intrvw: may 13 - APPROVED!

Oath - Sept. 17

US Passport - Sept 26

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.