Angela & Paul

Medical exam: about medical history and gynecological check

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Couldn't find the info on the archives, so I am asking.

How much medical history - if any - do you have to provide at the medical exam (this is for the exam prior to K-1 visa interview)? If asked, do you have to be truthful and mention diseases/illnesses/accidents/etc... that will not be discovered during the test?

Because the medical exam (and tests) is to try and discover anything that would meet the guidelines for refusal, I am wondering why they would ask for medical history anyway.

To you women out there who went through the medical test, is there a gynecological exam and what is the doctor looking for (if he told you)? I was reading on this forum that one doctor only wanted to check that the woman was indeed a woman and just took a quick glance.

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

gynecological exam NO!

and what are u hiding ? or are u being just curious?

Couldn't find the info on the archives, so I am asking.

How much medical history - if any - do you have to provide at the medical exam (this is for the exam prior to K-1 visa interview)? If asked, do you have to be truthful and mention diseases/illnesses/accidents/etc... that will not be discovered during the test?

Because the medical exam (and tests) is to try and discover anything that would meet the guidelines for refusal, I am wondering why they would ask for medical history anyway.

To you women out there who went through the medical test, is there a gynecological exam and what is the doctor looking for (if he told you)? I was reading on this forum that one doctor only wanted to check that the woman was indeed a woman and just took a quick glance.

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, I am applying for spouse visa, and I am going through the medical exams as well. So far, what I understood is we have to take:

1. Blood test for checking: HIV and Sifilis
  2. Vacinnnes
  3. Ginecologist report of breast and genital appearence
  4. X ray of lungs

So, then you take the results of all of them to the phisician recommended by the Embassy who will give you his own final report. As far as I know, he won´t do any exam else, only check the veracity of your medical exams. Unless if you want to go through all of them with him at once. My choice was to go with my own doctors , firstly because I would save money (health Insurance), secondly because I do have my own doctors who know me since when I was little girl, which makes me feel much more comfortable.

Regarding HAVE TO BE TRUTHFULL... Of course, I do believe it is better to be always ahead of everything, which means, saying the thruth. However, as I said, you and this doctor must focus on the Embassy requirements, nothing else. if you have another problem, which has nothing to do with the medical exams requested, so there is nothing else to talk about with anybody else.

Good luck!

Met first time: 07/23/2003 in Rio de Janeiro (1 week having fun!)

Dating: july 03 to dec 2003

Engage: jan 2004 to jun 2007

Ary living in US: 2004-2005

Jun 2007 - wedding planns back!

oct 2007 - legal marriage

nov 2007 - wedding party with our whole family

Ary graduates: dec 2007

Visa Journey 2008

April 5th: I130 sent

April 15th: NOA1

MAY: HONEY MOON IN CABO SAN LUCAS MX

JUl: NOA2

Aug: Packet 3 documents gather in BR and US and medical test done

AUg: paied fees I-864 and IV Bill

Oct: Packet 3 sent

Nov: RFE

Nov: NVC case completed

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 9th = APPROVED!

Visa Delivered: JANUARY 14TH ( 3 working days after interview)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Ginecological????? for myt K1 in peru that was not necesary. maybe in Brazil the medical is different i dont know....... in peru they check you have certain vaccines according to your age, also chest X rays to discard TBC and blood test to know if you have at least aids.... i am not sure about siphilis but if you have aids you wont get the visa.

the medical is a fast review.... i have allergies, had one hernia operation, take birth control pills (permanent medication) but all that is common and not reason to discualify.

yeah... it also sounds to me like you guys are trying to hide something.......

K.

Edited by katiushka

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I think its so WEIRD that they make them get a Gyno exam!!

maybe because all those damn Carnivals and std's? J/K

:innocent:

Ginecological????? for myt K1 in peru that was not necesary. maybe in Brazil the medical is different i dont know....... in peru they check you have certain vaccines according to your age, also chest X rays to discard TBC and blood test to know if you have at least aids.... i am not sure about siphilis but if you have aids you wont get the visa.

the medical is a fast review.... i have allergies, had one hernia operation, take birth control pills (permanent medication) but all that is common and not reason to discualify.

yeah... it also sounds to me like you guys are trying to hide something.......

K.

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

you will probably have to answer a list of questions about your medical history, including hospitalizations, medications, past conditions or accidents, anything you are currently being treated for, etc etc. And yes, you have to be truthful!

During my medical, my doctor did a brief exam to ensure that I am female. Nothing extensive or particularly invasive.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It was probably me who said it. But yes, in Colombia Dr. Roa makes his patients take off all their clothing and put on a robe. He then does the medical and right at the end he quickly lifts up the robe to see your privates. My husband and this other girl we talked to were trying to figure out what that was for and came to the conclusion it was probably to make sure you were either male or female. Now, we may be way too naive and he might be doing it for his own personal pleasure but that seemed like a good "logical" reason.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

For CR1 there is a Gyno exam for Brazil, you need what is called a "laudo". It is a document that needs to be given by the Gyno stating that you are in good shape as far as your breast and genital area. One thing that some gyno there require ( I say some because some are just by the book people) is a Ultra sound of the uterus. They also did some scrapings inside my wife as well, common stuff. But if there is something that you are worried about you can look at Travelstate.gov to see what medical conditions are cause for denial.

In Australia there was no internal gyno exam, but a breast exam is required.

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My question was not so much about hiding something, but rather not telling too much. How much details should you give? Does the doctor need to know about your kidney stones, or that your wrist is still painful after that last ski accident?... wait, there is no skiing in Brazil :)

Let me ask the question in a different way: do you have to fill out a 4-page medical history questionnaire at the exam, or do you merely answer the doctor's questions? Big difference!

And what kind of questions does the doctor ask? Is it "How do you feel today" or "how many times have you been to a doctor/hospitalized in the past 10 years and why". Again, big difference!

Of course I understand that questions may vary from one doctor to another. The experience of others here are extremely valuable. I want to hear from you so we can be ready. Thank you.

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Timeline
My question was not so much about hiding something, but rather not telling too much. How much details should you give? Does the doctor need to know about your kidney stones, or that your wrist is still painful after that last ski accident?... wait, there is no skiing in Brazil :)

Let me ask the question in a different way: do you have to fill out a 4-page medical history questionnaire at the exam, or do you merely answer the doctor's questions? Big difference!

And what kind of questions does the doctor ask? Is it "How do you feel today" or "how many times have you been to a doctor/hospitalized in the past 10 years and why". Again, big difference!

Of course I understand that questions may vary from one doctor to another. The experience of others here are extremely valuable. I want to hear from you so we can be ready. Thank you.

My wife didnt have to fill out any forms, and the Dr only asked her 10 or so questions, like do you use drugs, have you used drugs, do you drink, do you have any serious medical problems, any STD, history of mental health problems , etc. But for the most part you can take care of all the things that the embassy Dr requires before you go as far as documentation and the embassy dr just goes over the medical records and ask a few questions.

I have a copy of my results from my medical (done in July) and the form which the doctor uses for the actual physical is called the "Medical History and Physical Examination Worksheet" (DS-3026). Info is here if you want to read about it: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/dsforms/3026.htm

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You answer the doctor's questions. You will be asked about prior medical conditions, past hospitalizations, conditions that you are currently being treated for, what medications you are on, immunizations, etc. As far as I can tell it is a list that all the doctors have to ask.

Since I have had an extensive medical history, I prepared for myself a list with dates so I could remember if asked.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

has anyone been through the medical and had depression in the past? how did it affect your medical? and did you have to give them a letter from your doctor stating it was treated and no longer a problem?

For "Major mental disorders" at a minimum ask about—major depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and mental retardation. These disorders, according to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (5) are defined as

1. Major depression—The presence, during 2-week period occurring almost daily, of the following primary symptoms: (1) Depressed mood (such as reporting being sad or empty, or appearing tearful); (2) Marked decrease in interest or pleasure in all, or almost all activities; or both.

In addition, the applicant must have three of four of the secondary symptoms, depending on whether one or both of the primary symptoms are present:

* Significant weight change,

* Abnormal sleep pattern (insomnia or hypersomnia),

* Excessive restlessness or inactivity,

* Excessive fatigue or loss of energy,

* Feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt,

* Inability to think or concentrate, nearly every day, or

* Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide attempt.

this bit has got me concerned should i get a note from my doctor? :unsure:

Homer Sez:

Increase your wordiness,

Boudoir:

Where a French guy does it.

Our full time line is in our story on our profile.

K1

04-30-2008.......I-129F POSTED

05-01-2008....NOA1 (Touched 05-04-2008, Touched 04-07-2008)

09-23-2008....NOA2 Approved(See below for receipt of actual NOA2 and update in the USCIS System***)

01-13-2009....INTERVIEW (APPROVED)

02-18-2009....POE (LAX)

04-09-2009....WEDDING

AOS

06-12-2009.....AOS,EAD and AP Fedexed.

06-15-2009.....Signed for by J.CHYBA

06-18-2009.....NOA1 dated for AOS/AP/EAD

06-19-2009.....Check cleared

06-23-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD/AP

07-20-2009.....phoned helpline to report no biometrics appointment sent, Service request generated.

07-25-2009.....Recieved biometrics notice (generated on the 22nd june) for the 08-19-2009.

07-30-2009.....Did early walk in biometrics.

07-31-2009.....Touched AOS/EAD

08-06-2009.....Generated interview notice(received 08/10/09)

08-10-2009.....EAD/AP Approved

08-19-2009.....***NOA2 (Finally received after 6 Phone calls, 11 months late) :)

09-09-2009.....Aos interview.(APPROVED)first card production email

09-12-2009.....Welcome Notice Received.

event.png

rmq4qx3kup.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.