lLeigh

Sept 2008 K1 VSC filers

922 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
For me this especially sucks because if this doesn't happen soon then I won't be able to classify him as my dependent for the fellowship I applied for to go to Africa next year- which means we will have to come with the money ourselves to pay for him to accompany me!!! Plus, I wanted us to spend some time here in the states with my family before we leave this hemisphere. AAAAAHHHHHH!

I'm a bit confused here. It’s really is none of my business but I'm just curious so if you choose not to answer, fair enough.

Are you saying that it's possible to live outside the USA while he's still in the process of getting all his papers? I might be completely wrong as I haven't really looked into AOS thingie (I’m assuming you'd be going to your fellowship post after he adjust his status), but don't you have to reside in the US for a certain period of time per year or have an intention to do so? Or is your fellowship for 6 months only? Will he be able to get all his paperwork sorted out in time to allow him to leave the country?

Well, whatever the answers are, I hope you get your approval soon.

Ummmm. I don't know. I guess I was just going to wait and figure that one out next. My fellowship is for a year so I don't know. I'll have to look into the AOS process, or at least the whole getting travel docs thing. I figure there has to be something around it because military and government employees who take posts overseas often have to turn right around and leave the U.S.- with their fiancee staying or accompanying them. I'm just concerned about this stage now but I guess I should start thinking about the next. I just want us to be together and him to meet my fam. Plus, it will be a hell of a lot easier for him to go with me to Africa from here than from Guyana- if you live in a "developing country" the rich countries don't like to give you the proper paperwork to travel through theirs even if your going to another poor country! AAAAAHHH the system we live in!

11052.gif

*June 25 MARRIED

*December 8, 2009 GC APPROVED!!!!

*September 6, 2011 TAFARI WILSON BORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*November 2, 2011 I-751 application mailed to VSC

*November 3, 2011 Receipt date for NOA1

*November 7, 2011 NOA1 received

*November 12, 2011 Biometrics Appt. received

*November 30, 2011 Biometrics Appt.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Plus, it will be a hell of a lot easier for him to go with me to Africa from here than from Guyana- if you live in a "developing country" the rich countries don't like to give you the proper paperwork to travel through theirs even if your going to another poor country! AAAAAHHH the system we live in!

11052.gif

Oh, wow! who'd knew?

Timeline
Plus, it will be a hell of a lot easier for him to go with me to Africa from here than from Guyana- if you live in a "developing country" the rich countries don't like to give you the proper paperwork to travel through theirs even if your going to another poor country! AAAAAHHH the system we live in!

11052.gif

Oh, wow! who'd knew?

Its so ridiculously true. Lets say he wanted to fly to Uganda to meet me. He would have to fly through a major airport i.e. U.S. or Canada, and he couldn't purchase a direct ticket so he would have to buy a ticket to lets say NY and then a ticket to Kampala. He would have to get a travel visa first which would take time and money and might likely be denied because they won't believe he's actually leaving the U.S. and going to Africa. A long long story... this is why he can't come visit me here. Unless you have property, business, etc. in your home country the U.S. doesn't grant travel visas from "high-fraud" or "developing" countries.

*June 25 MARRIED

Ummmm. I don't know. I guess I was just going to wait and figure that one out next. My fellowship is for a year so I don't know. I'll have to look into the AOS process, or at least the whole getting travel docs thing. I figure there has to be something around it because military and government employees who take posts overseas often have to turn right around and leave the U.S.- with their fiancee staying or accompanying them. I'm just concerned about this stage now but I guess I should start thinking about the next. I just want us to be together and him to meet my fam. Plus, it will be a hell of a lot easier for him to go with me to Africa from here than from Guyana- if you live in a "developing country" the rich countries don't like to give you the proper paperwork to travel through theirs even if your going to another poor country! AAAAAHHH the system we live in!

Oh, your situation certainly isn't easy. Good luck. It looks like you'll need it. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

All right, you, guys, it's all over the news: Vermont is frozen ice cold with -28C. Schools are closed, people might not be able to make it to work (some), I am desperate, but could this be a valid excuse?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

tick tock tick tock tick tock....I wonder if VSC is closed with the cold weather?

Mike_Jo-185.jpg032_32.jpgedit-3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

03/05/2010 ----- Greencard arrived in mail

03/15/2010 ----- Got a job as an RN! finally.:)

REMINDER: November 22, 2011 (Removing Conditons)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Hey, Vermont just approved an October filer :wacko:

Oh really thats awesome so when they will approve Sept filers ?!!!!!!!! :crying:

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Oh really thats awesome so when they will approve Sept filers ?!!!!!!!! :crying:

They just approved a September filer too

and thanks for the luck Kat... I know it will be a long journey and hard too but I just want him to be with me and there is nothing I can do from there in Guyana.

*June 25 MARRIED

Timeline

They just approved a September filer too

and thanks for the luck Kat... I know it will be a long journey and hard too but I just want him to be with me and there is nothing I can do from there in Guyana.

Yeah you right maybe they approved one or so but what about the rest of us ? i hope we will be next

my best wishes for everyone here

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Yeah you right maybe they approved one or so but what about the rest of us ? i hope we will be next

my best wishes for everyone here

Eventually we'll all have our turn and will be the next one. It's just that we all seem to be running our of patience with VSC's production output :). It wouldn't be so hard if CSC had the same approval rate as the VSC but as that is not the case, it's frustrating, infuriating and really stressful watching the clock tick away. Getting an approval from VSC is like watching a snail race...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS timeline

I-485,I-765 & I-131 sent: 07-27-2009

Arrived at Chicago lockbox: 07-29-2009

NOA (for all 3): 08-03-2009

Transfer to CSC: 08-26-2009

Touched I-485: 09-01, 02, 03 & 04-2009

Biometrics appointment: 09-02-2009

AP received: 09-18-2009

EAD card received: 09-21-2009

AOS approved: 10-15-2009

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fed8ac68ff.png

Hi guys! We are Sep filers too and still noothing :( Reading all this topic, I can say that we are that people who DO care of our process, others people don't know or even don't imagine that there is a such site as a VJ. So, maybe some people who are out of this site get their approvals or maybe VT really is being in cold weather. I saw news too. Let's just hope, soon spring will come and we will get our NOA2 :dance:

I also found one statistic of Visa site that USCIS approved over 30,000 cases in 2008.. and over 1,100 cases stay without approvals. I am sure VT doesn't use to get such big amount of cases and work double. I mean they get cases and from Texas Service Center. TSC doesn't review K1/K3 anymore.. I guess February will be our month :dance:

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I sure hope it will! I am 134 days in from NOA 1 and I would really, really hate to wait much more :(! Good luck to us all! Its soooo close now!

Note*( in another post I made a mistake and thought it was 136 ^_^oops )

DSC04444.jpgIMG_7162.jpgIMG_7316.jpg

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

I-129F Sent : 2008-09-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-09-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-21

NVC Received : 2009-01-26

NVC Left : 2009-01-26

Consulate Received : 2009-02-03

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-09

Packet 3 Sent back: 2009-02-11

Packet 4 Received : 2009-02-26

Interview Date : 2009-03-09

Visa Received : 2009-03-09

Future:

US Entry : 2009-03-23

Marriage : 2009-06-13

Timeline

Ok guys i have good news for you. after 4 months and almost 2 weeks

:dancing: our petition got touched yesterday yeahhhhhhhh :dancing:

i know maybe it doesn't mean anything at all but at least they are working on my petition

i cross my fingers that i wil get NOA2 soon

hang in there guys .and keep praying for it

my best wishes for all of you

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Ok guys i have good news for you. after 4 months and almost 2 weeks

:dancing: our petition got touched yesterday yeahhhhhhhh :dancing:

i know maybe it doesn't mean anything at all but at least they are working on my petition

i cross my fingers that i wil get NOA2 soon

hang in there guys .and keep praying for it

my best wishes for all of you

fantastic news, lets hope you get your NOA2 very soon!!! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.