trailmix

What does your family call you?

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

None of Levi's family have middle names either.... People call me Heth for short. When I was in school people would rhyme things like Heather feather.... I always hated that :angry:

January 19, 2008 sent I129f to CSC

January 24, 2008 NOA1

June 3, 2008 TOUCH!!!

June 3, 2008 NOA2!!!!!

June 9, 2008 NVC received

June 10, 2008 mailed to Vancouver!!!

June 24, 2008 Packet 3 received!!!

July 3, 2008 Faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver

July 11, 2008 Medical

July 15, 2008 Packet 4 received(interview notice)

August 27, 2008 1pm INTERVIEW!!!!! APPROVED!!!!

September 14, 2008 POE Pembina, North Dakota YAY!!!!

November 1, 2008 Wedding!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

January 10, 2009 AOS, EAD, AP sent to Chicago lockbox

January 12, 2009 Received

January 22, 2009 NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

January 30, 2009 AOS transfered to CSC

March 16, 2009 AP touch

March 17, 2009 Biometrics

March 17, 2009 EAD card production ordered

March 17, 2009 AOS touch

March 18, 2009 AP received

March 25, 2009 EAD received (good for one year)

April 21, 2009 Email stating AOS approved!!!!!!

April 25, 2009 Card received

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny enough, my mummy called me Gemmie (God rest) hence my screenname.

My real name is Gemma but Gemmie is reserved in real life to close people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't really have any - except for Cat. Boring. . . . .

Friends used to call me Cattatttude, because I always have so much attitude.

Cat short for Catherine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my name is cris but my aunt call me Egay because of my skin :innocent::whistle: my husband call me BIBI or baby...and my friend call me Jlo :whistle:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

I never had a nick name until I met Gene. I was given the name Carla Marie from the time I was adopted. I was named after my Uncle Carl, who I supposably looked like. I can't remember if he was dead before I was born. He was my Mom's brother. I've always been called Carla throughout my life, until I met Gene, who christened me carlawarla. I was so touched, since I'd never had a nickname before. I love it. I love him.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
I never had a nick name until I met Gene. I was given the name Carla Marie from the time I was adopted. I was named after my Uncle Carl, who I supposably looked like. I can't remember if he was dead before I was born. He was my Mom's brother. I've always been called Carla throughout my life, until I met Gene, who christened me carlawarla. I was so touched, since I'd never had a nickname before. I love it. I love him.

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I went by Kathie when I was growing up and my Dad often called me Katrinka as a pet name. Now as an adult I have friends who call me Kat, Kate and Ms. K. Joe calls me 'honey' :) - the neighbourhood kids call me the cat lady. My middle name is Suzanne - all of the girls in our family have Anne in some form or other in their names after my grandmother and great grandmother who were both named Anne.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My name is Amy Marie. I guess I'm lucky that my mom didn't follow the catholic tradition of having the name "Marie" come first like hers is. My uncle used to call me Mamie when I was a little girl. I've been called Aims by close friends, and now hubby calls me SweetBear or SnuggleBear. It usually includes bear and that's because I get all growly at that time of the month! ~giggles~ I don't mind though. I actually love the nickname!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
My name is Amy Marie. I guess I'm lucky that my mom didn't follow the catholic tradition of having the name "Marie" come first like hers is. My uncle used to call me Mamie when I was a little girl. I've been called Aims by close friends, and now hubby calls me SweetBear or SnuggleBear. It usually includes bear and that's because I get all growly at that time of the month! ~giggles~ I don't mind though. I actually love the nickname!

When I wake up in the morning and ThomasJ (the cat) is purring away, I immediately say "Well goodmorning SnuggleBear". He makes me so happy :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My name is Jennifer, but a lot of people call me Jenn. Bf calls me JennyPoo sometimes.

In University I was Jenn-double-N, because there were 2 other Jen's on my floor and I was only the one that spelled it with 2 NNs.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My name is Lisa.

Most of the family calls me lee or lis. My brother sometimes calls me rissy.

Mom comes up with all sorts of distgustingly cute names like poxy cotton and angel pie face...Yes, she still calls me those and Im 30! lol

I cant believe I just told you guys all that heh heh

My husband calls my habibti,marty,hobi,omri and lots of other sweet name in arabic.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

My nickname is "Ant" as that is the first three letters of my first name. It started as an online instant message and e-mail thing many years ago, where I was tired of typing out the longer version of my entire name. I just stuck with the first three letters, and hence, this nickname online, and at times offline. For the most part, everyone else just calls me by my entire first name (and last name).

Throughout my entire life though, I've heard various incorrect pronounciations and spellings of both my first name and last name (both maiden last names and married last names). "Can't anybody get it right?", I find myself thinking when this happened/happens a lot in the past, present, and future. Then there are those questions as to the origin/ethnicity/culture of both my first names and last names, and how it relates to me (Especially more so the combination of first name and my former maiden last name linked together. Glad that it's better now that I have my married last name). They look at my name, they look at me, they can't see the connection, and then get this look on their face... :blink: . Lol...perhaps I should consider another name change? Or I can just wear a sign that says "Quit asking me about my name. Just call me anything you want, and I'll answer to that."

Lol..funny, this also reminds me of the time I had to get my biometrics done for the AOS. They called some other person for their turn, and I thought they were referring to me. So I went when that name was called, only to have them say, "Ummm...you don't like a man." To which I replied, "Sorry, I thought you made a mistake on my name by calling me the male version of my name instead. I get used to that mistake often, and hence, I'm used to replying to that". Realizing the mistake, I then sat back down, and the male who they called went for their turn, while I the female, had to wait for my turn afterwards.... :blush:

As for the other nicknames, my husband calls me "bunny" at times (lol..don't ask me why, but he has this thing for bunnies/rabbits). And my granny, who speaks no English, used to call me "little girl" and my husband "little boy", as she couldn't pronounce my or my husband's name in English.

Ant (What's in an Ant?...A nickname/name, of course...)

Just got to thinking about this due to the off-topic time waster thread. So what nick names does your family have for you and why? Any cute nicknames you use for members of your family?
Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

My name is Karen and pretty much everybody calls me that, except for my best friend, who for some bizarre reason likes to refer to me (as well as various other people in her life) as Arf. As a kid, my dad used to call me Ignatz (I believe after a cartoon character from the 40's), McAdoo and MacMooch (I liked to steal his food). My mom called me various weird nicknames like BeanBlossom and beanbolli. As a kid, I always wondered why my friends' parents called them angel and sweetie and things and my parents had the most bizarre nicknames for me!

In college, I was nicknamed Shefrequa by a coworker. See, I dressed in all black, combat boots and had jet black hair with blue or purple streaks, very punk. So one day, another punk chick came into where I worked and said, hey freak, to me. So at first I was Freak and then Kevin decided to make it more ghetto, hence Shefrequa!

I was also nicknamed Swamp Thing after college roommates saw me with black henna on my head, dyeing my hair.

Hubby calls me honey or baby. When he is trying to be funny, he calls me Pookie or Snookums, because it is so opposite from who we are :) The funny thing is, I now call my baby boy Pookie or Pookalini. I also call him Bubbe (even though he is not a Jewish grandmother) or Bubbalini. Hubby thought that was hysterical and tried to play along. Since we live up north and see moose a lot, he tried to call our baby moose-alini. However, I pointed out that I would really prefer not to call our baby after a dictator :lol:

Edited by autumnchik

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Nev or Nevada

My name's Nevada-Blue, my mother is the only person who calls me by my full name.

Aww Sprailenes, I love your name! So how do you deal with the hyphonated name on your papers ? Do they believe blue is your middle name ? :P

My name is Marie-Josee, and I just have everybody calling me Marie. I don't like people calling me Josee, or Marie-Jo. And since I moved here I tell people it's Marie because it's too complicated for them to pronounce my name and make it sound like "Jozeee".

I've been having alot of problems on all my applications , and I always have to remind them that Josee isn't my middle name, as they often refer me as Marie J. And of course I don't have a middle name, although I got those 3 other names on my baptism certificate with Marie in front of it. Enough Marie already :wacko:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.