Ken y Leidys

What do you know about Malaria?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I don't know any real particulars from my bloodwork that was performed this week.

Ok. I think you need to go back to the doctor and if you had low platelet count its mostly predictor for malaria..

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
Here are the symptoms I have had with malaria: headache, joint pain, dizziness, loss of appetite, fatigue.

I doubt your seizures were caused by malaria.

Do you still have reoccurances from malaria? Did it go away with proper medication?

With the proper medication you can prevent reoccurences of malaria. With the proper prophylaxis you can prevent contracting malaria. Normally you take the medication over the course of a few weeks, or a few days (depending on the medication) and then you should be cleared.

If you remain in an area where malaria is endemic then you need to continue taking prohylaxis because it can stay in your system. For a little bit. I think the incubation period is about 2-3 weeks.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Here are the symptoms I have had with malaria: headache, joint pain, dizziness, loss of appetite, fatigue.

I doubt your seizures were caused by malaria.

Do you still have reoccurances from malaria? Did it go away with proper medication?

With the proper medication you can prevent reoccurences of malaria. With the proper prophylaxis you can prevent contracting malaria. Normally you take the medication over the course of a few weeks, or a few days (depending on the medication) and then you should be cleared.

If you remain in an area where malaria is endemic then you need to continue taking prohylaxis because it can stay in your system. For a little bit. I think the incubation period is about 2-3 weeks.

I just want this cleared up so I can continue on with my life. While I love staying home and relaxing, I want to be productive and not somebody elses burden. I'll be talking to the doctor in the morning.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline
I was admitted via ambulance to ER on Thursday, and all of my tests came back normal. :star:

While problem-solving both with friends in the medical field and researching symptoms of Tropical diseases, I realized one thing - my heart attack that I believed I had suffered was a seizure. Before leaving for Colombia, I didn't get vaccinations and now I have had 2 seizures since Thursday. I will be consulting with my doctor tomorrow about this.

But, does anyone from VJ know anything about Malaria? I believe I contracted the more deadly form, and I will be getting this checked out as soon as I can speak to my primary care Physician. Let me hear from others who have been along the Equator and in the Amazonas, because that's where I've been without carrying my DEET Mosquito repellant (dumb).

I had a neighbor who have malaria, and he is shivering when its attacking him.. This will go away in time but will come always come back..

Please read the article in webmd below..

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/malaria-topic-overview

Edited by Completely
jamesfiretrucksg2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ken,

While I share your curiosity in wanting to know all I can about my health, I also think you can get too caught up with self diagnosis. When I go see my doctor, I'll ask him questions and even state my own speculation while also being open to hearing out his profession input. If he puts me on a specific regiment, he'll always add that if I'm not feeling better by a certain amount of time, to come back in....sometimes, he'll want to see me back even if I am feeling better. Trust his expertise and even if he might not quite know what the problem is, it will take a certain amount of going back to your doctor as he rules out what it might be. No doctor can make an accurate diagnosis of the problem the first time, all the time...you've got to trust the process and let him be the doctor.

Edited by Jabberwocky

I am just problem-solving here. I will let the doctor be the doctor.

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

I am just problem-solving here. I will let the doctor be the doctor.

You may want to visit a doctor that works as part of a travel clinic who would be more familiar with tropical diseases. Or at least I hope you have informed the doctor that you have visited Columbia, as I don't think a standard diagnosis would cover tropical diseases.

The most common are Malaria, Dengue Fever/DHF and Yellow Fever. http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationColombia.aspx

keTiiDCjGVo