9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

we've been there three weeks. not a clue why...nothing in either of our pasts and he's from NZ, not exactly a high fraud Country. The Consulate has had everything they need from us, including p/3 and medical, for weeks now. We've been seperated a year.. just want our interview..but I guess the months they had us waiting at uscis wasn't enough.

this process is quite unfair.

hope you hear something soon.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Must be nice that you guys at least have your information at the NVC.

My K3 visa was approved back in April 2008. We have been emailing the NVC repeatedly over the last 5 months trying to get some confirmation from them that we are in the process of being... er... processed. The first time back in May 2008 we emailed and there was no record of my information. Again in June. Both times we contacted the USCIS to confirm that the paperwork as sent. Emailed again the end of July. Still no paperwork. Once again, another email at the beginning of August. No paperwork. Called USCIS about paperwork again asking to talk to a manager type. Manager gets on the phone says there should be nothing wrong and he'll send it again should take 30 days. Received an email today and they still don't have any record of my paperwork.

I no longer know what to do and neither does my wife. Was informed last time that if this doesn't work that we would have to pay a 400$ reprocessing fee or something like that and that's ridiculous because we never made any mistakes it's the USCIS or the NVC that is making them.

Any help for this would be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hopefully you will hear something back very soon...

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We have good news. Found out last night that our petition was out of AP and is on it's way to NZ. It's in LA now. So happy to be on our way! good luck to those of you still waiting.

My K3 visa was approved back in April 2008. We have been emailing the NVC repeatedly over the last 5 months trying to get some confirmation from them that we are in the process of being... er... processed. The first time back in May 2008 we emailed and there was no record of my information. Again in June. Both times we contacted the USCIS to confirm that the paperwork as sent. Emailed again the end of July. Still no paperwork. Once again, another email at the beginning of August. No paperwork. Called USCIS about paperwork again asking to talk to a manager type. Manager gets on the phone says there should be nothing wrong and he'll send it again should take 30 days. Received an email today and they still don't have any record of my paperwork.

I no longer know what to do and neither does my wife. Was informed last time that if this doesn't work that we would have to pay a 400$ reprocessing fee or something like that and that's ridiculous because we never made any mistakes it's the USCIS or the NVC that is making them.

Oh, i'm sorry. I really have no advice for you. I think the $400 you refer to is the application to recover information on a file. Yeah, doesn't seem right. I hope you find some answers soon.

timeline.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi,

i think iam in the same situation like you,

i called them after my case for i130 was approved on 5th sept 08.

i caled them on 10th sept and they said that they have received the case and it is waiting to get into the system.

and i called again today set 15th hoping to get the visa number and they are saying that there is no information onmy file in their system.

i think this is the stage where they do the administrative processing and name check for the beneficiary before they issue the visa.

and they will not generate the visa nukmber until the administrative processing and name check is cleared.

so yours might me the similar situation like me.

i know for that most of the cases they will do the admisnistrative processing after the ds230 is recieved by them.

but for some cases with very common names , they will do it at various stages i believe.

goodluck for you

My husband and i have been in AP 4 months now

yes it is pure anguish and sorry to say some people endure it for years

that is the scary part of it all

they dont care, you cant rush them or strong arm them into getting any answers

he got his K3 visa in hand April 10, 2008 and the SAME DAY got his interview packet/interview date for CR1

what to do

I KICK MYSELF EVERYDAY for listening to our attorney who advised him to wait the month till MAY 15, 2008 CR1 interview, said it was better, save time and money

i was such a nervous wreck that day cuz it was my decision

what did my husband know about it? he left it up to me

and now look 4 months since and still no answer

i have emailed the consulate

i have called DOS..just AP, NOTHING YOU CAN DO, just WAIT

i have had my congressman help us 2x and inquire just for this CR1

the senator too, my lawyer, they dont budge

same answer from them everytime

STANDARD PROCEDURE

i am scared hopeless and helpless

if anyone has suggestions please fill me in

thank you

god bless you all and hope we all hear something really soon

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Are you in AP in NVC or Embassy level?

My husband and i have been in AP 4 months now

yes it is pure anguish and sorry to say some people endure it for years

that is the scary part of it all

they dont care, you cant rush them or strong arm them into getting any answers

he got his K3 visa in hand April 10, 2008 and the SAME DAY got his interview packet/interview date for CR1

what to do

I KICK MYSELF EVERYDAY for listening to our attorney who advised him to wait the month till MAY 15, 2008 CR1 interview, said it was better, save time and money

i was such a nervous wreck that day cuz it was my decision

what did my husband know about it? he left it up to me

and now look 4 months since and still no answer

i have emailed the consulate

i have called DOS..just AP, NOTHING YOU CAN DO, just WAIT

i have had my congressman help us 2x and inquire just for this CR1

the senator too, my lawyer, they dont budge

same answer from them everytime

STANDARD PROCEDURE

i am scared hopeless and helpless

if anyone has suggestions please fill me in

thank you

god bless you all and hope we all hear something really soon

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.