Ggreen

Mccain's VP.

186 posts in this topic

cattatude thank you for your intelligent post. I wish others were like you.

Thank you britty - with that lovely comment, I am officially retiring from further posts on VJ. :P

If I say I hated your post will you stay?? :D:D;)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you britty - with that lovely comment, I am officially retiring from further posts on VJ. :P

Who am I kidding - I love this place - its like being home with my dysfunctional family without the burps and farts at the dinner table.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Who am I kidding - I love this place - its like being home with my dysfunctional family without the burps and farts at the dinner table.

:blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Learning about what makes the world go around, different perspectives, all very laudable goals but teaching creationism as an alternate theory to evolution is not valid. That is my problem with Sarah, not that she wants to discuss theology in the classroom, but that she wants creationism to be viewed as a reasonable alternative to evolution when it is clearly not. That is my truck with the woman, she isn't rational simple as that.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline
Learning about what makes the world go around, different perspectives, all very laudable goals but teaching creationism as an alternate theory to evolution is not valid. That is my problem with Sarah, not that she wants to discuss theology in the classroom, but that she wants creationism to be viewed as a reasonable alternative to evolution when it is clearly not. That is my truck with the woman, she isn't rational simple as that.

as creationism is in the bible, apparently anyone who believes in the bible isn't rational in your opinon?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
Actually, I think children can make wise choices. My niece is a gym rat and eats a particularly healthy diet. She is also religious, and is satisfied with the answers she has received to the questions related to her beliefs. She is particularly bright, popular, well adjusted, and people are always commenting on what a great kid she is. Maybe your kids or your experiences are different. Everyone has an opinion. Mine isnt wrong - it just isnt yours.

Was she brought up to be religious? I'm hedging my bets on it. Religious mindset is far more often than not based upon environment.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I was wondering when Charles would wander in after hearing "fart." It's like you have a radar.....

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

I was wondering when Charles would wander in after hearing "fart." It's like you have a radar.....

it's usually cause it's mine :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Was she brought up to be religious? I'm hedging my bets on it. Religious mindset is far more often than not based upon environment.

Alls I know - as an NRA member - and married to a former Alaskan - she supports gun ownership. I'll vote how the NRA tells me to vote in their next newsletter.

Oh wait . . . . . . I can't vote. . . . . . damn. :bonk:

Filed: Timeline
20. The Alaska republican party is in tatters as it attempts to handle multiple corruption scandals.

I think you already said this- yes, number 6.

Oh, I really blew it on my response to this one! This is not the same issue as number 6, in fact this is probably the very worst example you could have possibly used to show that Palin is a bad choice.

I mean, you know what her role in those corruption scandals was don't you?

Dalegg - totally agree with your comments. Why would Dems care who McCain picked as his VP ? If Obama is such a "smart" guy then we can only assume that his selection of Biden was a good one? Why do Dems feel the need to trash Palin? Are they so fearful of her or are they just pi$ed that McCain may have out"smarted" Obama with his selection?

As for me, I'm terrified. That's why I'm concerned about his VP choice. Contrary to the belief of some Democrats, I don't assume that Obama will win. I hope he does, but I have every faith in the stupidity of my fellow Americans. I'm terrified because McCain IS old and he IS senile. I'm terrified because it WOULD be likely that Palin would finish out McCain's term. I'm terrified because there ARE a lot of ignorant people in the US who will vote Republican no matter what. They will vote FOR "Pro-Life". They will vote FOR Creationism in schools. They support the US becoming a church-state; their paradise is the American version of Sharia.

My ONLY hope is that the sort of people who won't vote for a black man are also unlikely to vote for a woman. Even his supporters HAVE to know that McCain is going to be so senile that he has to step down within 2 years. Ergo, a vote for McCain is a vote for Palin for President. That won't set too well with some sorts.

In the end, Americans don't really vote for issues - not important ones, anyway. They vote for who they can identify with. Americans are stupid.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Timeline

just vote for platy :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm terrified because there ARE a lot of ignorant people in the US who will vote Republican no matter what. They will vote FOR "Pro-Life". They will vote FOR Creationism in schools. They support the US becoming a church-state; their paradise is the American version of Sharia.

A lot of ignorant people in the US who will vote Democrat no matter what. Obama clearly has no qualifications for the job.

Gotta laugh at folks who worry about creationism in schools but let the American school standards drop off the abyss. Worse most of these concerned citizens don't know the Federal government has little to do with schools. Um, what percentage of kids are taught creationism? Must be a lot if this is such major issue. Numbers please?

Oh well, fear of Sharia law sells. Better avoid religious subjects because that raises more questions about Obama and his nutball preacher buddy, Wright.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
I'm terrified because there ARE a lot of ignorant people in the US who will vote Republican no matter what. They will vote FOR "Pro-Life". They will vote FOR Creationism in schools. They support the US becoming a church-state; their paradise is the American version of Sharia.

In the end, Americans don't really vote for issues - not important ones, anyway. They vote for who they can identify with. Americans are stupid.

Oh come on, a lot of people said George Bush wasn't smart enough or experienced enough to run the country when he started out. A lot of people probably voted for him just for those very same reasons and the country's been running just fine hasn't it?

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline
A lot of ignorant people in the US who will vote Democrat no matter what. Obama clearly has no qualifications for the job.

You're really in no position to suggest the latter, as a career in politics, including 10 years of being a "Senator" for the United States and Illinois. Did you happen to vote for George W. Bush?

Gotta laugh at folks who worry about creationism in schools but let the American school standards drop off the abyss.

More importantly than school standards dropping off into the abyss (there's nothing educational about creationism anyways, especially in texts like the bible, from those who have read it, like myself, citing the lack of literary quality and factual substantiality laden within), there's a nice thing called the Constitution that allows people their religion without instituting it by state. While it is indeed violated fairly often, in bans against gay marriage, institution of a House Chaplain, allowing the Boy Scouts and churches to discriminate while getting public funding, and countless other ways, instituting religion into public schools for children is the ultimate slap in the face to the founding fathers who themselves (including their own immediate ancestry) escaped repressive government, and religion was one of the issues.

Worse most of these concerned citizens don't know the Federal government has little to do with schools.

Federal funding, while not by any means a majority of the bill, has drastically reduced the costs to the state, which would be in even further budget crisis without this help. Regardless, the schools have the federal Constitution to follow, first and foremost, before the state comes into play. These federal laws, especially considering the Constitution and federal laws on rights or privacy matters, for instance, each public school must abide by.

Um, what percentage of kids are taught creationism? Must be a lot if this is such major issue. Numbers please?

It's been back and forth, since creationism has been pushed, and established, and de-established, rendered unconstitutional, and so forth. Pretty much impossible to get accurate numbers.

Better avoid religious subjects because that raises more questions about Obama and his nutball preacher buddy, Wright.

Better avoid useful subjects that have relevance to things, since Barack Obama doesn't vicariously live through Reverend Wright, as they are, indeed, two different people, than consider the constitutionality of inserting religious teachings into public schools, and the Republican VP's lack of respect for separation of church and state.