Ggreen

Mccain's VP.

186 posts in this topic

Nothing can be worse than what we have now.

And I reiterate: just because someone has little experience doesn't automatically mean he or she will do a bad job.

Agree with both statements.

Bush. Worst. Ever.

Sorry, Carter. Worst. Ever.

Obama will pick up where he left off.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
two terms as mayor of a city with a population of 5500 and less than 2 years as gov. of a state 1/6 population of chicago. this is not the kind of resume we generally look for in a person who very well could be president. More of the same incompetence of the last 8 years. Who is advising McCain anyway?

Another knee-jerk reactionfor a relatively unknown figure. You anti-McCain types are all reading the same talking points so far because the political pundits have even had a full working day to weigh Palin's merits.

If Palin was a white guy with the same resume, she wouldn't have been considered. Of course the same is true for Obama and he has never made an executive decision in his entire life. That's why we haven't had a U.S. Senator become president for the last 48 years but since both Obama and McCain are senators it doesn't hold true this year.

Troopergate is going to be a problem

"Troopergate" refers to when Clinton was governor. They need another term.

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
two terms as mayor of a city with a population of 5500 and less than 2 years as gov. of a state 1/6 population of chicago. this is not the kind of resume we generally look for in a person who very well could be president. More of the same incompetence of the last 8 years. Who is advising McCain anyway?

As apposed to someone that is a two term state senator and has less than one term as a Senator? In reality Palin has more time as an elected official than Obama does. The real truth here is McCain is the most qualified of all of them if your talking about elected experience and life experience.

You can't really compare a state like Illinois (population 13 million), in the center of the nation with the country's third largest city, with Alaska (population 670,000). No way, no how. Can you safely say Illinois' concerns represent the concerns of the nation? I think so. Alaska? Hardly.

Oh really? So what your saying is Alaska isn't a part of the USA and it's people don't matter? Your reaching and insulting at the same time. I am from Illinois and Obama does not in any way represent my concerns. He represents Chicago and the Chicago political machine and not much more.

But this is OK. Go ahead and run with that line of reasoning. It only helps us.

were it so important that the highest offices be held by populous states, that would mean every president is from cali, texas, or ny.

And I reiterate: just because someone has little experience doesn't automatically mean he or she will do a bad job.

Bush. Worst. Ever.

:thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

As apposed to someone that is a two term state senator and has less than one term as a Senator? In reality Palin has more time as an elected official than Obama does. The real truth here is McCain is the most qualified of all of them if your talking about elected experience and life experience.

You can't really compare a state like Illinois (population 13 million), in the center of the nation with the country's third largest city, with Alaska (population 670,000). No way, no how. Can you safely say Illinois' concerns represent the concerns of the nation? I think so. Alaska? Hardly.

Oh really? So what your saying is Alaska isn't a part of the USA and it's people don't matter? Your reaching and insulting at the same time. I am from Illinois and Obama does not in any way represent my concerns. He represents Chicago and the Chicago political machine and not much more.

Not at all. I'm saying Alaska is in no way a representative state. And she's only been in charge of it for a matter of months and has already allegedly abused her power (and let's face it, how often does the governor of a state concern his or herself with the firing of an individual state trooper?). Not stellar credentials.

were it so important that the highest offices be held by populous states, that would mean every president is from cali, texas, or ny.

Bush. Worst. Ever.

:thumbs:

Dare you to Google "origin of 1970s stagflation" and see what you get. Most economists blame Nixon's wage and price controls.

Guess what? If they want to rank the VP's worth to the country by how big a state the come from then Biden is in trouble also. He is from Delaware which is the second smallest state with a population of 783,600 in 2000. So I guess that means Biden has no right to be Obama's VP pick.

Timeline

Not at all. I'm saying Alaska is in no way a representative state. And she's only been in charge of it for a matter of months and has already allegedly abused her power (and let's face it, how often does the governor of a state concern his or herself with the firing of an individual state trooper?). Not stellar credentials.

important word bolded. let's not get too wound up about it. from what i've read on wikipedia, there's nothing hard and fast that anyone can pin on her.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Guess what? If they want to rank the VP's worth to the country by how big a state the come from then Biden is in trouble also. He is from Delaware which is the second smallest state with a population of 783,600 in 2000. So I guess that means Biden has no right to be Obama's VP pick.

Nice try. Biden has been a U.S. senator since the 1970s and you know it. You're being deliberately disingenuous.

Timeline
Dare you to Google "origin of 1970s stagflation" and see what you get. Most economists blame Nixon's wage and price controls.

no need to, my opinion of carter was cemented during my first year or two in the military.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Dare you to Google "origin of 1970s stagflation" and see what you get. Most revisionist liberal economists blame Nixon's wage and price controls.

Fixed that for you. Jeez, you guys really are reaching. This is going to be fun to watch.

Timeline

Nice try. Biden has been a U.S. senator since the 1970s and you know it. You're being deliberately disingenuous.

oh i get it, you can pick and choose what specific facts apply to what candidate, and dismiss those you don't like ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

important word bolded. let's not get too wound up about it. from what i've read on wikipedia, there's nothing hard and fast that anyone can pin on her.

True. It is possible that it was mere coincidence that she fired the state police commissioner after he failed to carry out her order to fire her ex brother and law. Could be rabbit, could be ...

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Bush. Worst. Ever.

Sorry, I meant future leaders and their VP's, not former. I wasn't clear with that.

I just think that all the complaining from both sides about who has experience or who hasn't is just ridiculous. We can look at many leaders with "experience" and see if they've been good leaders or not. And there are cases of people with little or no experience coming into the roles of leader who have done a fine job (worldwide, not just in the USA).

I guess the nitpicking on both sides is just getting to me. I want to scream "GET OVER IT!" Oh, I just did :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Really? Any more than you are when you ignore that Palin and Obama have the same relative experience? Any more than when you say the people of Illinois concerns mean more than those in Alaska? You should look in the mirror.

Timeline
True. It is possible that it was mere coincidence that she fired the state police commissioner after he failed to carry out her order to fire her ex brother and law. Could be rabbit, could be ...

there's a plausible explanation for that. salem witch trials around here, with guilty till proven innocent eh?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *