Tunisia216

Coca-Cola celebrates Ramadan

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hazem likes Dr. Pepper...he says its a "jazzed" up Root Beer...LOL. they dont have doritos there? In Egypt the doritos are straight up tasty!

Coke tastes lemony here, I think little more then in the US, buuut the Pepsil just tastes off ... like it is old! Moldy or something. I tried Pepsi Max and even the diet YUK!

But what is even more nastier is the Hammoud drink called Selecto! OMG nasty! Bubble gum flavoured cola! Yuk and it seems to be number 1 seller here in Algeria! ((vomit))

But I really miss Dr. Pepper! And Doritos!

Dr%20Pepper%20Can.jpg

mashup-doritos1.jpg

Ok hon enjoy!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like the coke OR the bebsi in Jordan. I opted for Sprite instead. Hubster has become quite fond of Dr. Pepper and 7up . I used to drink DP like it was going out of style but really don't care much for it anymore. 7up is good though.

We should send our girl some doritos!!!

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It says the countries in the articles.

I remember n Jordan tehr was a rumor going around to not buy coke because it was a Jewish company. I also remember being a kid in NV and hearing Coke was a Mormon company. Coke gets all the boring rumors.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Thank you Julianna!! I think I'm :wacko: today... For some reason I read it as those are the countries they were pointing out had the cresent/star on their flags, but I re read it and you're totally right :thumbs: for paying attention!!!

I'm going to call Jihed's sister tonight and tell her to look out for it and save me a can.... Tell me what people in Tunisia are thinking about it.

The same thing you are saying that you heard about Coke, I've heard before about Pepsi.... And I always noticed that a large majority of the MENA countries I have been in do not have Pepsi.... Tunisia being one where you can't find a can of Pepsi to save your life! Good thing I'm a diet coca'aholic...

a3tini coca light min fadlik :blush:

I remember n Jordan tehr was a rumor going around to not buy coke because it was a Jewish company. I also remember being a kid in NV and hearing Coke was a Mormon company. Coke gets all the boring rumors.

Edited by Ash * Habibati

Diet Coke or Diet Coke w/ Lemon or Lime? :devil:

Thank you Julianna!! I think I'm :wacko: today... For some reason I read it as those are the countries they were pointing out had the cresent/star on their flags, but I re read it and you're totally right :thumbs: for paying attention!!!

I'm going to call Jihed's sister tonight and tell her to look out for it and save me a can.... Tell me what people in Tunisia are thinking about it.

The same thing you are saying that you heard about Coke, I've heard before about Pepsi.... And I always noticed that a large majority of the MENA countries I have been in do not have Pepsi.... Tunisia being one where you can't find a can of Pepsi to save your life! Good thing I'm a diet coca'aholic...

Hmm we put them both away I suppose.. But after all that hot make our mouths on FIRE Tunisian food... ( :angry: ) I think it was with lime? lol

however It may have been regular diet coke or diet coke with lemon that filled up that uber expensive hand bag of yours :rofl:

:dance: WAFFLE HOUSE!!! :dance:

Hmm we put them both away I suppose.. But after all that hot make our mouths on FIRE Tunisian food... ( :angry: ) I think it was with lime? lol

however It may have been regular diet coke or diet coke with lemon that filled up that uber expensive hand bag of yours :rofl:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I drink diet pepsi here, but in Morocco, no way.....coca light all the way....lol

oh, and my favorite drink there was this Hawaii drink.....like a tropical soda....yummmmm

hawaii.jpg

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

I think it is a good marketing strategy. Again Coke is thoroughly international and they are always advertising for holidays and even events like the olympics..(again international)...i think they will gain praise and revenue by doing this and I think we would see it here and there as well. I have seen the coke containers there only it is like YSIS or something like that ....i think it is very reflective of the times we live in, after all WHITE CHRISTIAN people in US are a very near the minority now. We need to embrace the diversity upon which our country was founded and greatly respected.

:thumbs:

thanks ash, you are always informing and educating us!

thanks star_dragon...you took the pic right out of my mouth! lol :star:

Edited by sandrila

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Nawal: Nope no Doritos ... no tortilla or tortilla chips of any kind ... can't even buy cornmeal to make homemade ones! Dr. Pepper also NOPE! I donnow about "jazzed up Root beer" ... I always think Dr. Pepper as coke with prune juice since someone last time ago described it to me like this! Tried it here: Nope, it's prune and coke! LOL!

Amal: Well I would be more then happy to eat them! LOL! So send all you want LOL!

Ash: They have a new product Coke and diet Coke with orange ... havnt' tasted yet but seemed gross! I will try it out and let everyone know! LOL!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Has anyone ever tasted the MENA brand soft drinks? Like here, there is Hamoud ... mostly nasty! But the Hamoud "blanc" tastes like Sprite so it's good but the rest OMG naaaaaaaaaaaasssty (nasty with capital A##)! No bubble gum flavoured coke for me plz!

Also anyone ever tried Dr. Pepper cake? LOL oldie from the Cracker Barrel? LOL! I made a Coke cake once ... ppl liked it but couldn't believe it had Coke in it LOL!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.