Tunisia216

Coca-Cola celebrates Ramadan

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Coca-Cola celebrates Ramadan

ramadancan.jpg

Company observes Muslim holiday with star, crescent design on cans

WorldNetDaily

Coca-Cola plans to celebrate Ramadan this year by decorating cans with a crescent moon and star – a widely recognized Islamic symbol.

The moon and star can be found on at least 11 flags of Muslim countries, and now it will be featured on packaging in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Morocco, Tunisia and other Islamic countries during the Sept. 1-30 Muslim holiday, blogger Bob McCartney reported.

Coca-Cola has hired a company named ATTIK to handle packaging, Brand Republic reports. Its Christmas cans are usually decorated with secular-themed images of Santa Claus, but McCartney asked the company whether it planned to introduce Christian symbols as well.

“When I learned the symbol of the Islamic faith will appear on Coca-Cola packaging during Ramadan 2008, I found myself wondering whether or not the Atlanta-based soft drink maker will soon include the Christian cross and Jewish star of David in future holiday packaging designs targeting people of those faiths,” he wrote.

In 2006, Coca-Cola released a statement about its recognition of Ramadan.

“In a globalizing world, Ramadan presents an opportunity to showcase the true values of Islam and what it stands for,” it said. “Because no other brand is as inclusive as and no other company is as diverse as Coca-Cola, we have a unique opportunity to play a valued role as an international bridge-builder and facilitator of dialogue during Ramadan.”

The company’s statement also revealed its policy of supporting Muslim employees in their faith.

“In addition to the focus on Ramadan and Eid, the Coca-Cola system has also implemented policies and programs to meet the needs of Muslim employees, such as providing halal food in cafeterias and organizing special prayer rooms at company facilities,” it said. “Several bottlers have also funded employee pilgrimage initiatives.”

Coca-Cola has not responded to WND’s request for comment.

Source : http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/2008/08...brates-ramadan/

But it can be found on several other sites as well, just google 'Coca Cola AND Ramadan"

Edited by Ash * Habibati

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if it's true or not, but I just also read that the new CEO of Coca-Cola international is a Turkish Muslim. He is supposedly a secular Muslim (?) whose family actually helped Jewish families during WWII. (copied from Google )

I wonder if they are going to market these in the USA or only in Muslim countries? :unsure:

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
I don't know if it's true or not, but I just also read that the new CEO of Coca-Cola international is a Turkish Muslim. He is supposedly a secular Muslim (?) whose family actually helped Jewish families during WWII. (copied from Google )

I wonder if they are going to market these in the USA or only in Muslim countries? :unsure:

Interesting article Ash* Habibati

Would like to see these new designs when they hit the markets as my husband and I will be celebrating Ramadan too.

1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif avatar_ani_050.gifSOON TO BE HAPPILY DIVORCED! avatar_ani_052.gif 1803363hy9lzatt1e.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

While I do think this is a very cool idea, I think if they were to distribute these in the U.S there would be a big protest. After all, the cross cannot be on anything without "offending" someone. Maybe have decorated cans with different religions on them. We are after all a country of blending religions.

Yes that is what the article said : Curiosity about whether they are going to distribute this in USA and if so are they going to offer cans highlighting Christianity and Judaism. :unsure:

While I do think this is a very cool idea, I think if they were to distribute these in the U.S there would be a big protest. After all, the cross cannot be on anything without "offending" someone. Maybe have decorated cans with different religions on them. We are after all a country of blending religions.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
And not that anyone cares, but in the US I liked Pepsi (pebsi) but here ooo it's so nasty! Coke all the way!

yeah, why is that? I noticed that too :unsure:

Yes that is what the article said : Curiosity about whether they are going to distribute this in USA and if so are they going to offer cans highlighting Christianity and Judaism. :unsure:

Regardless of what they decide, I'm sure there will be protest.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Coke tastes lemony here, I think little more then in the US, buuut the Pepsil just tastes off ... like it is old! Moldy or something. I tried Pepsi Max and even the diet YUK!

But what is even more nastier is the Hammoud drink called Selecto! OMG nasty! Bubble gum flavoured cola! Yuk and it seems to be number 1 seller here in Algeria! ((vomit))

But I really miss Dr. Pepper! And Doritos!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Coke tastes lemony here, I think little more then in the US, buuut the Pepsil just tastes off ... like it is old! Moldy or something. I tried Pepsi Max and even the diet YUK!

But what is even more nastier is the Hammoud drink called Selecto! OMG nasty! Bubble gum flavoured cola! Yuk and it seems to be number 1 seller here in Algeria! ((vomit))

But I really miss Dr. Pepper! And Doritos!

Dr%20Pepper%20Can.jpg

mashup-doritos1.jpg

Ok hon enjoy!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.