sara535

Interview to remove conditions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I guess we are one of those lucky couples that get interviewed every step of the way :) we had an interview for AOS and now this one.

For starters we had to reschedule and it was nervewracking. Apparently the only way to reschedule is in writing to the local office that has your file. Our interview notice came while we were on vacation and by the time I got back and looked at the mail the interview date was for 2 days later. My husband had not returned with me but instead gone to atlanta to visit some friends so there was no way he could get back in time for that date. So I wrote one letter requesting a reschedule and then about 10 days later I wrote another. I included all relevant dates such as the day we left and returned from vacation plus the notice date and postmark, etc to explain why we couldnt make it. About 10 days after that second letter we received a new interview notice so it ended up working just fine.

The actual interview was this afternoon and it ended up no big deal at all. I had brought some updated paperwork but all he really asked for was the birth certificate of our daughter and he had us revise the original I-751 form we submitted last fall to include the baby who had not been born at the time. I did see right on the top of our file the first letter I had sent to reschedule the interview :) I am sure it helped our case that we have a baby together and we have been married for almost 4 years now, but honestly I got the feeling we were just one of the 'random' cases because the interviewer was very relaxed and informal after the swearing in part. It felt a little like we were just 'going through the motions'.

For others who have been selected for an interview, I initially did send in a good deal of paperwork including documentation of being pregnant, although we do not share a bank account. we had our lease, insurance paperwork, pics of family events and holidays, personal and business mail addressed to one or both of us at our address.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is helpful to me as we are apparently waiting for an interview. Were you separated from your husband during the interview. How long did it last and what questions did you get asked?

Thanks,

Kat

I-130 for both parents

March 28th 2013 - Priority date/ NOA 1
November 14th 2013 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

January 7th 2014 - Case changed online to approved for both

January 8th 2014 - case changed to shipped to NVC

January 9th 2014 - case changed to NOA 2 mailed

January 10th 2014 - Received the hardcopy of the NOA 2 stating that NVC would issue a case number in 30 days approx.

January 21st 2014 - Case Received at NVC

February 26th 2014 - Case numbers and IIN number received - Wrong embassy code assigned...now waiting for new case numbers.

March 3rd 2014 - Filled in DS-261 for both parents

March 5th 2014- AOS available, paid and submitted AOS packet.

March 6th 2014 - USPS shows packet was delivered at NVC

March 10th 2014 - AOS shows as paid in the CEAC portal/AOS logged into system as being received by NVC.

March 11th 2014 - New case number assigned for my Dad.

March 20th 2014 - Paid IV fee for my Mum.

March 25th 2014 - AOS accepted by NVC with no checklist.

March 26th 2014 - Filled in and submitted DS-260 for my Mum

March 31st 2014 - AOS found in my Mum's file for my Dad - accepted and placed into his file/IV fee available for my Dad and Paid.

April 1st - Mailed all civil documents to NVC for both parents.

April 3rd: IV fee shows as paid in portal/submitted DS-260 for my Dad.

April 22nd: checklist issued for civil documents - NVC error ...

April 23rd: sent another certified copy of my marriage certificate

April 24th: Case complete! :)

April 30th 2014 - Medical scheduled for parents at Knightsbridge in London

June 11th: Interview at London Embassy - Approved :)

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

we were not separated and basically they just went over the questions on the application; name, DOB, address. he asked when and how we met, what day we got married, asked for any updated evidence (we originally filed last year), and honestly that was about it. Including waiting time we were in and out of there in less than an hour.

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Sara535,

Thanks for sharing about your I-751 Interview experience, as I've wondered exactly what happens during those interviews, especially that they are rare and mostly random for such cases. It doesn't seem that hard after all, as you said that it was like "going through the motions", and the questions were like the AOS interview before. Glad everything went well for you during your interview and that you got approved that day. Hope you get your 10yr green card soon. After all, for going through the hassle of an interview your case deserves to be approved quickly.

Ant (Still waiting at the VSC...)

I guess we are one of those lucky couples that get interviewed every step of the way :) we had an interview for AOS and now this one.

For starters we had to reschedule and it was nervewracking. Apparently the only way to reschedule is in writing to the local office that has your file. Our interview notice came while we were on vacation and by the time I got back and looked at the mail the interview date was for 2 days later. My husband had not returned with me but instead gone to atlanta to visit some friends so there was no way he could get back in time for that date. So I wrote one letter requesting a reschedule and then about 10 days later I wrote another. I included all relevant dates such as the day we left and returned from vacation plus the notice date and postmark, etc to explain why we couldnt make it. About 10 days after that second letter we received a new interview notice so it ended up working just fine.

The actual interview was this afternoon and it ended up no big deal at all. I had brought some updated paperwork but all he really asked for was the birth certificate of our daughter and he had us revise the original I-751 form we submitted last fall to include the baby who had not been born at the time. I did see right on the top of our file the first letter I had sent to reschedule the interview :) I am sure it helped our case that we have a baby together and we have been married for almost 4 years now, but honestly I got the feeling we were just one of the 'random' cases because the interviewer was very relaxed and informal after the swearing in part. It felt a little like we were just 'going through the motions'.

For others who have been selected for an interview, I initially did send in a good deal of paperwork including documentation of being pregnant, although we do not share a bank account. we had our lease, insurance paperwork, pics of family events and holidays, personal and business mail addressed to one or both of us at our address.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

congrats on an easy interview. Hope you get the approval soon!

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats for your interview being easy. Ours was not so bad either, maybe Fresno is just that way.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.