kazuki

Marriage Blue

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone. How are you? It has been two months since I got married my husband.

Well, now I have been facing problems psychologically.

I live with my mother in law and my husband because I cannot work. I know everyone here has to wait for EAD.

So, it can save money for us to live in this house with his mom. By the way, no one owns this house. We are renting.

Ok, now this mother in law makes me go crazy and also I still have a lot of guilt about my marriage. My parents are not happy about my marriage because of two reasons.

first, my mother in law has been divorced twice and has a lot of financial problems (bankruptcy and debt) and second, she has super bad temper. She gets upset easily and starts screaming F words all the time. And when she does banking, she always comes to me and speaks really loud that she is so broke, she has no money, she needs a roommate, her life is screwed. She is crazy. and I have to hear that all the time.

And she still wants to me to live together which is not gonna happen.

I decided to move out once I have a job.

my husband seems not even caring much because she is his mom and he says whats wrong with my mom? why don't you like to be here?

and since we got married, he has been with his friends more than ever and asks me to hang out with them every weekend. We have never spent a single weekend together. Always friends are around and I get so annoyed.

he still has debt which is from his college years. His mom did not help him to go to school. not even text books. So he used credit cards and government loan. She spent all her money for her dating and personal things. and now she says to us that we do not help her enough financially.

I have been having a lot of medical trouble like headache, stomach pain, sleep disorder. I take anti acid medicine everyday, and drink a lot of coffee to get rid of headache(i took so much pain medicine before).

I am thinking about going to counseling.

Does anyone face marriage depression or some types of problems due to international marriage?

My parents think that his parents are not very responsible and they are not very successful people either.

So they will never help me out about money because of my decision.

And I think that international marriage is more complicated and harder than regular marriage. Language, culture, religion, everything is so different.

I will be glad if you can share your experience with me.

Thank you.

7/19 AOS package has been mailed

7/21 AOS package was arrived in Chicogo.

7/28 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP

8/15 Biometric done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i am sorry you are having a tough start. I think you need to have a heart to heart with your husband and explain that he and you need to come first. And that you and he need your own place. You cant have a normal life up under his parents or yours.

yes i agree international multi cultural marriages are harder, but the rewards i think are greater.

Your husband needs to be your support on this one and his mother is the third wheel. He needs to take care of his old debt and get a place for you two alone.

It is not your or your husbands place to pay her way financially when there is old debt and you dont have your own place.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Just a really small point - coffee is TERRIBLE for headaches as it is a diuretic - you are better off drinking peppermint tea :)

I agree with Chris though - you need to really speak to your husband about this - if you feel that you can't go on the way things are right now then it is in both of your best interests to get counselling TOGETHER so you can work through this :)

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I'm so sorry you are facing all of this! Did you try voicing all ur concerns to ur husband? You are absolutely right on difficulties that come up in international marriages. Such unions require a lot more work to go around all those differences u mentioned. I really think u should try and seat down with your hubby and explain to him how u feel and what bothers you. I sincerely hope u guys will be able to work it out. (F)

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

Filed: Other Timeline

I am so sorry you are going through this. From what you wrote the whole situation is causing you stress, which is not a good way to start you life with your husband. You need to sit your husband down and talk to him about this situation or it will continue to drive you crazy and your marriage will be in jeopardy. I wish you all the best. Take care of yourself. (F) (F) (F)

Life is so strange but it sure keeps you on your toes!!!

Timeline

Thank you so much everyone. I talked to him all this morning and we are going to move out as soon as I get a job. Two incomes and we will move out.

Well, yes, it is insane. I knew that his mom was crazy, but I could not imagine how crazy she was.

She acts all nice to me and says how much she cares about me, but it DOES NOT mean

that I can live with her all the time.

She even asks me to get a condo together, so we all can save money. Heck no.

How can we afford a condo in Southern CA, OC? she has so much debt to even take care of and now she says she wants to share an apartment and have a home eventually. so retarded.

so I told my husband that I cannot handle this lady's problem. If she has a problem, she needs to fix it and she is not allowed to share any of my income.

I will NOT let her ruin my life. She is so addicted to shopping, but it is not my problem and it is HER problem.

So my husband really understood and we will move out.

I really appreciate your comments.

My parents are all fed up with my decision and his parents' problems.

8/15 Biometric done

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm so glad that you and your husband talked and worked things out :star:

I think you two will be fine. Just handle the situation until you get a job (I know it is hard) but later on things will all work out.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Glad you were able to talk to your husband. Lots of times, it's only a matter of talking problems through.

Good luck with your job hunt and finding your own "home"!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Thank you so much everyone. I talked to him all this morning and we are going to move out as soon as I get a job. Two incomes and we will move out.

Well, yes, it is insane. I knew that his mom was crazy, but I could not imagine how crazy she was.

She acts all nice to me and says how much she cares about me, but it DOES NOT mean

How can we afford a condo in Southern CA, OC? she has so much debt to even take care of and now she says she wants to share an apartment and have a home eventually. so retarded.

so I told my husband that I cannot handle this lady's problem. If she has a problem, she needs to fix it and she is not allowed to share any of my income.

I will NOT let her ruin my life. She is so addicted to shopping, but it is not my problem and it is HER problem.

I think you made the right decision. If you are not happy then your relationship will suffer, and it seems his mther is the cause of most of it. Although you should not make him choose between family and you because both are so close, it seems he is a mama's boy. Soon he will grow up a little and move away from the "nest" and he can still see his friends every now and then, but you and your relationship should come first. Just being on this Journey, and the pain of waiting for your loved one to be together, you would think you want to spend all your time with them. Just hang in there. I'm sure once you move out things will look up..... P.S. Move far away from her!!!!! lol

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Tokyo, Japan

I-129F Sent : June 01 2008

NOA1 Received June 21 2008

"Touch" July 8 2008

''Touch'' July 9 2008

NOA2 JULY 28 2008!!!!!

''Touch'' July 29 2008

" The touch for July 29 was USCIS mailing the case to NVC"

"August 8 2008 received letter in mail from NVC...case was mailed to Tokyo..should arrive in a week"

" August 13 2008 Finace Received packet in mail from Tokyo"

''August 21 she started the Police report''

''August 25 she received email from consulate confirming the interview date''

''August 28 she received Police report''

''She will complete medical mid September''

'' medical finished $430.00''

''Interview is at the end of September''

''Interview yesterday October 29 ( for Japan ) They asked many questions but everything went well! visa arrives in 5 days!!!!!"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi everyone. How are you? It has been two months since I got married my husband.

Well, now I have been facing problems psychologically.

I live with my mother in law and my husband because I cannot work. I know everyone here has to wait for EAD.

So, it can save money for us to live in this house with his mom. By the way, no one owns this house. We are renting.

Ok, now this mother in law makes me go crazy and also I still have a lot of guilt about my marriage. My parents are not happy about my marriage because of two reasons.

first, my mother in law has been divorced twice and has a lot of financial problems (bankruptcy and debt) and second, she has super bad temper. She gets upset easily and starts screaming F words all the time. And when she does banking, she always comes to me and speaks really loud that she is so broke, she has no money, she needs a roommate, her life is screwed. She is crazy. and I have to hear that all the time.

And she still wants to me to live together which is not gonna happen.

I decided to move out once I have a job.

my husband seems not even caring much because she is his mom and he says whats wrong with my mom? why don't you like to be here?

and since we got married, he has been with his friends more than ever and asks me to hang out with them every weekend. We have never spent a single weekend together. Always friends are around and I get so annoyed.

he still has debt which is from his college years. His mom did not help him to go to school. not even text books. So he used credit cards and government loan. She spent all her money for her dating and personal things. and now she says to us that we do not help her enough financially.

I have been having a lot of medical trouble like headache, stomach pain, sleep disorder. I take anti acid medicine everyday, and drink a lot of coffee to get rid of headache(i took so much pain medicine before).

I am thinking about going to counseling.

Does anyone face marriage depression or some types of problems due to international marriage?

My parents think that his parents are not very responsible and they are not very successful people either.

So they will never help me out about money because of my decision.

And I think that international marriage is more complicated and harder than regular marriage. Language, culture, religion, everything is so different.

I will be glad if you can share your experience with me.

Thank you.

To be fair, many parents can't help their kids with college loans these days. I have $50k in student loan debt...which yes will take a while to pay off. But if you manage your finances wisely and consolidate/refinance you'll be able to pay it off faster.

Honestly, whether it is an international relationship or not any mother in law like that would cause major stress. And it's already stressful enough being a newlywed AND an immigrant.

Good for you! I'm glad you stood up for yourself and your husband. I think we all agree this woman sounds insane. It seems that if she can't manage her finances in the first place, the likelihood of her leaving you with the financial burden of a condo is high. Anyways, what newlywed couple would really want their mother in law living with them? Has she no sense of propriety?

wtf-picard.jpg

Timeline

I totally understand that!!!!!!! Who wants to live with this crazy lady? I went to a wedding today for my brother in law. Ok, now here come my mother in law. Dressed up like crazy rich!!! with 300 dollar bag! Acts so dumb and acts like sooo fancy and rich like Paris Hilton. I got so unhappy there. She gave me all complains every freaking day and now at the wedding, she pretends like she has tons of money. hell no, she has no money. She maxed up her credit card to buy those dumb rich bags, dresses and everyday, she complains that she is broke.

I hate her poker face. It was such a wrong decision to live with her from the beginning. My brother in law married a super super rice girl from super rich family. Of course everyone has so much money and even offered her a free beach house!

Oh my my. My parents are sooo disappointed and unhappy about my marriage with my husband. They do not have any complains about him, but they have A LOT to complain about his parents.

I do not expect her to pay his debt. But, who wants to hear that complains and annoying comments every day? from morning to night?

I am already having zillions of stress from being newly wed, unhappy parents, crazy mother in law under one roof.

Yes, I really think that I made a right decision to move out. Yes, my husband has 7000 debt on his credit cards, but 0%APR for one year. So I can manage it!

Thank you so much.

8/15 Biometric done

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
first, my mother in law has been divorced twice and has a lot of financial problems (bankruptcy and debt)...And when she does banking, she always comes to me and speaks really loud that she is so broke, she has no money, she needs a roommate, her life is screwed. She is crazy. and I have to hear that all the time.

Ok, now here come my mother in law. Dressed up like crazy rich!!! with 300 dollar bag! Acts so dumb and acts like sooo fancy and rich like Paris Hilton. I got so unhappy there. She gave me all complains every freaking day and now at the wedding, she pretends like she has tons of money. hell no, she has no money. She maxed up her credit card to buy those dumb rich bags, dresses and everyday, she complains that she is broke.

Those parts sound EXACTLY like my mother, so yeah, I feel your pain. One of those people you want to beat with a STFU stick. I won't go into it because it is your thread, but believe me, I get it, and I hope you can get out of that situation ASAP.

first, my mother in law has been divorced twice and has a lot of financial problems (bankruptcy and debt)...And when she does banking, she always comes to me and speaks really loud that she is so broke, she has no money, she needs a roommate, her life is screwed. She is crazy. and I have to hear that all the time.

Ok, now here come my mother in law. Dressed up like crazy rich!!! with 300 dollar bag! Acts so dumb and acts like sooo fancy and rich like Paris Hilton. I got so unhappy there. She gave me all complains every freaking day and now at the wedding, she pretends like she has tons of money. hell no, she has no money. She maxed up her credit card to buy those dumb rich bags, dresses and everyday, she complains that she is broke.

Those parts sound EXACTLY like my mother, so yeah, I feel your pain. One of those people you want to beat with a STFU stick. I won't go into it because it is your thread, but believe me, I get it, and I hope you can get out of that situation ASAP.

We have a similar issue in that because Jeremy has worked his @$$ off to get a decent job, his family think we are rich (he earns about $31,000 a year which isn't rich at all!!) and expect to run around after them all the time and pick up the pieces of their screwed up lives... So yeah - I kinda understand a bit too - but luckily we don't live with them - the moving far away thing sounds harsh, but if we weren't living "only" 35 miles away then we wouldn't have half as much to deal with with them...

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

31k is rich in UK ??

Removal of conditions

01.11.2011 Remove conditions GC I-751 ($590)

01.18.2011 NOA1

02.24.2011 Biometric

03.25.2011 Approved

03.28.2011 Notice sent

03.31.2011 Received new green card (and it's green !)

AOS/EAD/AP from K1

07.23.2008 Send AOS/EAD/AP

07.29.2008 Check cashed

08.01.2008 NOA1

08.08.2008 Biometric Notice received

08.21.2008 Biometric Appointment

09.22.2008 Approval notice sent for AP (CRIS email)

09.22.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email)

09.25.2008 Card production ordered for EAD (CRIS email) and a couple of touch since (last one 09.30.2008)

09.27.2008 Reception AP

10.02.2008 EAD Received

02.23.2009 Notice for interview (1.5 month late compared to LA statistics)

03.16.2009 AOS Touch

04.01.2009 Interview in LA  // Approved 

04.06.2009 Welcome to the USA Letter

04.13.2009 Reception GC

Naturalization
06/2016 Request
03/2017 Interview

Almost at the end !

if it was in GBP then yeah - but in USD no - it just about pays the rent and bills here. And especially as I am not working, we are far from rich

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.