tammy2688

Ramadan Checklist!!

18 posts in this topic

A checklist for Ramadan - Islamcan.com

Tell a Friend

1. Ask Allah to enable you to reach Ramadan and to get the most out of it as the Salaf (early generation of pious people) used to do.

2. Intend to fast every day with Iman and pure intention seeking the reward from Allah alone. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever fasts in Ramadan with Iman and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven". (Bukhari)

3. Read the whole Qur'an at least once as the Prophet peace be upon him did.

4. Have Suhoor as the Prophet peace be upon him said, "Have Suhoor because it is blessed".

5. Make Du'a during the fast because the Prophet peace be upon him said that three people's supplication is not rejected one of them is the fasting person. Ask for the good of this life and the next for yourself, your family and Muslims in general.

6. Make Dua before opening the fast. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "The fasting person has a supplication that is answered when he opens his fast".

7. Give Sadaqah and be good to people. The Prophet peace be upon him was the most generous of people and he was most generous in Ramadan.

8. Avoid anything that diminishes the fast such as, lying, backbiting, cheating, getting angry. The Prophet peace be upon him said "Whoever does not give up false statements (i.e. telling lies), and evil deeds, and speaking bad words to others, Allah is not in need of his (fasting) leaving his food and drink." [bukhari]

9. Do not eat too much after Iftar.

10. Ask for forgiveness since this is the month Allah frees people from the fire.

11. Pray At-Tarawih with Khushoo. If you pray in the Masjid complete the Salah with the Imam. If you pray at home prolong the Salah as long as you can. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever prays during Ramadan with Iman and seeking reward (from Allah) his past sins will be forgiven".

12. Feed the poor and invite others for Iftar. The Prophet peace be upon him said, "Whoever gives Iftar to someone fasting he will have the same reward without decreasing the reward of the person fasting".

13. Try harder the last ten nights especially the odd nights. The prophet would strive in Ramadan more than he would in any other month and more so in the last ten days.

14. Say this Dua in the nights that Laitul-Qadr is likely to fall on: Allhumma innaka afuwun tuhibbul-afwa fa'fu anni (O Allah you are Forgiving and love forgiveness so forgive me).

15. Ask Allah to accept all your good actions during this month.

"Oh you who believe, what is the matter with you that when you are asked to march forward in the cause of Allah you cling heavily to the earth. Are you pleased with the life of this world rather than the Hereafter but little is the enjoyment of the life of this world as compared with the Hereafter."

-Al Quran 9.3

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Very nice points to bring up to all of us muslims as the blessed Ramadan month approaches. Thankyou for these reminders.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is awesome gorgeous GAZAK ALLA KHEER

Thanks for sharing

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ummm, wasn't the Prophet illiterate his entire life?

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

From what I understand, alot of times what's translated as "read" is really refering to reciting.

My understanding is also that the quran wasn't even written down into a consice book until after the Prophet (PBUH) died. They had a society of oral tradition, memorization, and recitition - with practice and training you would be suprised at the amount of information you can quickly and accurately memorize.

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

From what I understand, alot of times what's translated as "read" is really refering to reciting.

My understanding is also that the quran wasn't even written down into a consice book until after the Prophet (PBUH) died. They had a society of oral tradition, memorization, and recitition - with practice and training you would be suprised at the amount of information you can quickly and accurately memorize.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I don't doubt the ability to memorize; lots of people memorize the Koran today after all.

It does put us non-Arabic speakers at a disadvantage though unfortunately. We'll never be able to understand Islam the way a native speaker can.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

True, I feel that also but I depend heavily on the translations. Even if they are a little off, you understand the gist of it. Also even if it is not my native tongue, I feel a deep connection when I hear recitation of the Qur'an in Arabic. It may be the power of the Qur'an and our mental connection we have with the language because the Book is written in the language.

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
that is the main reason I am trying to learn Arabic... insha'allah one day I will be able to read the Qu'ran the way it was intended.

I have been muslim now for 13 years. But new muslims like you inspire me to be stronger and learn more. I feel I have become so weak in my Islam and you inspire me everytime I read your posts. Thanks. Alhumdulilah.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Prophet Mohammad(saw) was not educated, this is one of the reasons why Allah(SWT) choose him. It is one of the Miracles of Allah(swt). Allah(swt) sent the Angel Jibril to Prophet Mohammad(SWT) who taught Prophet Mohammed(saw) how to read and Quran. Also, we know that all the books of Allah(swt) were revealed during Ramadan.

Timeline

The Quran was written done on piece of bone, animal leather and Mushaf(like papers) before it was actually compiled into one book. Uthman(RA) was credited for the preservation of the Quran.

Timeline

The Quran was written done on piece of bone, animal leather and Mushaf(like papers) before it was actually compiled into one book. Uthman(RA) was credited for the preservation of the Quran.

Meant to say written down, My husband was talking while I was typing..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.