15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

to all vj members,

in last march my fiancee just got her medical examination in japan. now im doing the i-485 form but i noticed they need i-693, is this mean i need to send my fiancee to get her another medical examination?

please thank you very much for all your idea,

flavorgreentea

to all vj members,

in last march my fiancee just got her medical examination in japan. now im doing the i-485 form but i noticed they need i-693, is this mean i need to send my fiancee to get her another medical examination?

flavorgreentea

Can't really give you an accurate answer since you may have not updated your timeline? It shows you haven't gone to your interview yet. This was posted in the K-1 thread, so maybe that's so? Was their medical this past March? or March of 2007? For the medical to be valid, it has to have been done within a year of the interview date.

Or...have you not updated your timeline and you're applying for AOS?

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
to all vj members,

flavorgreentea

Can't really give you an accurate answer since you may have not updated your timeline? It shows you haven't gone to your interview yet. This was posted in the K-1 thread, so maybe that's so? Was their medical this past March? or March of 2007? For the medical to be valid, it has to have been done within a year of the interview date.

Or...have you not updated your timeline and you're applying for AOS?

i have not done my timeline as of this far. right now im currently applying on behalf of my fiancee for AOS, just that im just confused about the medical part. as i mention in my last post she already done the medical examination in last march and all we got is the copy of the vaccination... is there any way we can get this go on???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
i have not done my timeline as of this far. right now im currently applying on behalf of my fiancee for AOS, just that im just confused about the medical part. as i mention in my last post she already done the medical examination in last march and all we got is the copy of the vaccination... is there any way we can get this go on???

Hi, so you're not married yet and you're just working on your AOS forms? You'll be getting married soon and then submitting for AOS, correct?

If so, here's the info for the I-693...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101202

Here's a link to FAQs in regards to the new TB/vaccine requirements, just to make you feel more at ease. You will note that since you had the medical exam done in March that you do NOT need to be in compliance with the new requirements...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0004718190aRCRD

Basically, all you need to do is fill in the I-693: part 1, part 2 number 5 and part 5 for the I-693. The Civil Surgeon does the majority of it using your DS-3025 (your vaccination report). I paid $25 to have a CS transcribe the info for my husband onto the I-693. Many CSs seem to be charging K-1 visa people for a full new medical. Do not have this done. It's very clear in the directions that you do not need to do this. Look in the first link for the links to the I-693 form and the directions.

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Look in the first link for the links to the I-693 form and the directions.

Here are the links...

The I-693 forms were revised on 06/05/08. New info. Directions to the new I-693 link below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Here's the form itself.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
to all vj members,

flavorgreentea

medicals are valid for one year. vaccination supplement required with AOS application.

YMMV

Timeline

thanks to everyone i finally got this cover and i made a lot of phone calls this morning. the most inexpensive i can get around oahu island of hawaii is about $80 and no where near i can get lower than that. i got no choice but to make an appointment and give the asking price of $80. anyway, i got everything ready but there's one more i need to know about. the i-601 application for waiver of grounds of excludability is this very necessary? or should i just send the i-485 without it? to be honest i really dont know the meaning of i-601 :angry:

please help,

flavorgreentea

Timeline
thanks to everyone i finally got this cover and i made a lot of phone calls this morning. the most inexpensive i can get around oahu island of hawaii is about $80 and no where near i can get lower than that. i got no choice but to make an appointment and give the asking price of $80. anyway, i got everything ready but there's one more i need to know about. the i-601 application for waiver of grounds of excludability is this very necessary? or should i just send the i-485 without it? to be honest i really dont know the meaning of i-601 :angry:

please help,

flavorgreentea

I-601 is waiver to get a visa not to adjust status.

YMMV

Timeline

please help,

flavorgreentea

I-601 is waiver to get a visa not to adjust status.

thank you so much for a quick reply... :thumbs: im almost done with all the papers i thought i have to include the i-601 , sorry for being really cofused about this whole process.. this site truly help me!

Timeline

we are getting ready to get a passport photo and may be by then we are ready to submit the papers.

please tell us if there is missing documents:

*paymeny

*letter cover

*form i-485

*passport copy of non us citizen

*copy of valid i-94

*copy of birth certificate

*passport photo

*form g-325a

*i-693

*i-864

am i missing anything?

thanks,

favorgreentea

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

we went to the AOS interview thinking that a full medical is valid up to year and we had only submitted the vaccination supplement along with the Aos application. However, we found out at the interview that we needed a full medical... so all panicked we got it done in 2 days and mailed it in.

So my suggestion is better to be over prepared and get the medical done and have it ready in hand for your interview.

I-130

Sent:03/02/07

NOA1:03/06/07

Touched:03/09/2007

APPROVED: 07/31/2007 (151 Days)

I-129

Sent:03/14/2007

NOA1:03/20/07

Transfered CSC:04/05/07

Touched:04/06/07

Touched:04/09/07

Touched:04/25/07(received pending email)

Touched:04/26/07

Touched:04/27/07

APPROVED:07/31/2007

NVC received: 08/30/07

Consulate forward: 08/31/07

Consulate received: 09/10/2007

Submitted DS-230: 09/18/2007

Interview: 11/06/2007

Visa received: 12/14/2007

AOS

Mailed packet: 01/17/2008

Delivered: 01/21/2008

Check cashed: 02/05/2008

NOA1: 02/04/2008

Biometrics appt: 02/20/2008

Request for initial evidence: 02/25/2008 (yikesssss)

RFE mailed: 03/03/2008

RFE received: 03/12/2008 (case processing resumed)

EAD ordered: 3/19/2008 (Thank God)

EAD received: 3/28/2008

Interview: 07/23/2008 (AHHHHHH- they request full medical)

07/25/2008 (medical submitted)

08/08/2008 (CRIS email- card production ordered)

08/19/2008: Green Card Received.

Timeline
we went to the AOS interview thinking that a full medical is valid up to year and we had only submitted the vaccination supplement along with the Aos application. However, we found out at the interview that we needed a full medical... so all panicked we got it done in 2 days and mailed it in.

So my suggestion is better to be over prepared and get the medical done and have it ready in hand for your interview.

Was it because they lost the medical or was it because it was old?

YMMV

Timeline

thanks for your help guys. i just made an appointment for tomorrow to see CS to transcribe all my fiancee's vaccination that it was done in japan. their kind enough to give me a good deal! i wish the result will come out smoothly...

thanks again,

flavorgreentea

Timeline
by the way one more silly question. where should i send the form for AOS?

Always best to check the instructions to the form.... It contains helpful information including but not limited to the filing location

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.