Together4ever

Its Friday

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

TGIF eveyone. Kids are just off to school got lots to do so everyone have a great day!

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Another week down! WHOOO HOOOO! Guess I have to go to work to finish off the week. ;) This week has caused another 4 pound weight loss so I may actually get to my goal weight soon! :D Khallids birthday is tomorrow. We both really thought we would be together by now so we are both sad. He doesn't know this, but I have called a few of his friends and family and he will be getting little birthday surprizes all day from me. (L) Now we are are praying he will be here for my birthday (and our 1 yr anniversay) in July.

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Good morning, everyone. Just got done talking with Hachemi. My petition should be in Algiers today. Hopefully Hachemi will get his packet soon. We already have all of his documents and translations. He needs to get his photos made soon. MHandMB told me from the time their petition was sent to algiers until the interview was 6 weeks. I hope it is the case for us too, Inshaallah. I will have to go to Pensacola next week. My daughter is pregnant and has placenta previa.(placenta is over the cervix.) She is at high risk for early labor or bleeding and she is only at 5 months, so they have put her to bed. I thought I would go after Kyle gets out of school and help her out with 2 year old Olivia. Dont know how long I can stay. I may have to come home after a few weeks and go back another time. I wish she was not so far away. She is about 5 1/2 hour drive from me.

Have a good day and a great weekend! :star:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
Good morning, everyone. Just got done talking with Hachemi. My petition should be in Algiers today. Hopefully Hachemi will get his packet soon. We already have all of his documents and translations. He needs to get his photos made soon. MHandMB told me from the time their petition was sent to algiers until the interview was 6 weeks. I hope it is the case for us too, Inshaallah. I will have to go to Pensacola next week. My daughter is pregnant and has placenta previa.(placenta is over the cervix.) She is at high risk for early labor or bleeding and she is only at 5 months, so they have put her to bed. I thought I would go after Kyle gets out of school and help her out with 2 year old Olivia. Dont know how long I can stay. I may have to come home after a few weeks and go back another time. I wish she was not so far away. She is about 5 1/2 hour drive from me.

Have a good day and a great weekend! :star:

Meriem (F)

Meriem,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your daughter. I hope everything goes well with her pregnancy!

A little cheerier news, it only took 6 1/2 weeks from the time the petition was sent from the NVC till Amed actually had his visa in hand. It was only 4 weeks till he got his interview. Just make sure you have everything ready and have Hachemi make his medical appt. as soon as possible after he gets his packet. Once you have that, call the consulate and tell them you want the first appointment. We had some trouble getting through on the phone, so I also sent an e-mail, and they were pretty good about getting back to me. I know I was lucky, and I feel awful for those having such problems in Morocco, Lebanon, and Egypt.

Amed and I are going up to Charlotte this weekend for a family reunion. It's the first time he'll meet my extended family, and they'll all be in one room, which is scary even for me! They're all from the south, very conservative Christians, and most of them haven't travelled a lot. Their only familiarity with Middle Eastern/North African Muslims is what they hear on TV and read in the news, so I'm a little nervous on how they will be. They're sweet people, just not well-informed, and I just really hope it goes well.

I'm also going to try on wedding dresses! We'll see how that goes.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and a great weekend!

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

well, good morning everyone! Meriem, I'm so sorry to hear abt your daughter. I hope all smoothly w/ her pregnancy and that we have a happy healthy baby in a few months!

I stayed up way too late putting together a computer desk so I could get the dang computer out of my bedroom! Ahhh... maybe I can get somewhat organized too w/ my bills! Full day of clients at work, then straight to the restaurant for my dance gig. I also have a wedding shower gig and lesson tomorrow nite, so that should be fun.

JW, I hope your day is calm and uneventful! How did your songwriting session go w/ Moh last nite? I hope you had a nice visit.

Bonne weekend everyone!

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Meriem _ Sorry to hear about your daughter. Inshallah everything will be fine. Just make sure she follows doctors order.

I am so beat up today. We had a dinner/Award Cerimony after work yesterday with I won a nice Digital Camera at (yeeeeaaahhhh). I got home around 9PM and then My in Laws come over and are there till midnight. I finally got to sleep around 1AM and had to wake up for work this morning.

Filed: Timeline
well, good morning everyone! Meriem, I'm so sorry to hear abt your daughter. I hope all smoothly w/ her pregnancy and that we have a happy healthy baby in a few months!

I stayed up way too late putting together a computer desk so I could get the dang computer out of my bedroom! Ahhh... maybe I can get somewhat organized too w/ my bills! Full day of clients at work, then straight to the restaurant for my dance gig. I also have a wedding shower gig and lesson tomorrow nite, so that should be fun.

JW, I hope your day is calm and uneventful! How did your songwriting session go w/ Moh last nite? I hope you had a nice visit.

Bonne weekend everyone!

Noura

Noura, thank you. Yes the evening with Mohammed was lovely. His guitarwork last night was more then impressive. The man really should be recording somewhere. He's that talented, bias aside. I made notes for lyrics and hopefully this weekend I can begin. As far as my day... it all kind of hit the fan here at work. My stress is off the richter scale and I finally broke. I sat here crying to my boss (I'm so embarassed) that I just cannot do it ALL and the guy I'm "supporting" has pretty much left it all on me while he goes off and plays with the guys in the warehouse all day long, or wanders off somewhere else. Now I'm sitting here with a horrible dizzy spell which is I'm here typing instead of filing. Everything is spinning and I don't really want to leave my chair. I don't mean be such a whiner. I know that's what I've been the last few days and I'm sure everyone is sick of it. God knows I am! I will be looking for another job as soon as Moh's visa is approved (enshaa Allah). I'm afraid a job change now would just throw a huge monkey wrench into the works and I just can't bear the thought of delays. I really need some time to just rest in quiet and i hope this weekend will provide it.

Meriem, my prayers are with you and your daughter. I'm sure it will all work out and she will follow her doctor's instructions.

I hope everyone else is enjoying the day. The sun is actually shining here today and it's a wonderful thing to see.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

noura... sounds like you are a busy busy lady! don't forget to get some rest in there! *hugs* hope ya have a wonderful day... and weekend!

lost... congrats on the camera! yay! i hope that you have a restful weekend...

jw... bless ya! i think it was a good idea to tell your boss what is going on... i surely hope that you have a better day today... and an absolutely blessed weekend! *hugs*

meriem... pls keep us updated to your daughter's health. i will be praying for her... and for you... hope that you have a safe journey... and a wonderful time with your daughter and family... *hugs* yay for the petition being in algeirs! hope that interview comes soon!!!

hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend... and gets answers to prayers... needed rest... and finds some peace within that will see you through the coming week...

ps: went to the doctor yesterday... my bp is down to normal... got some medicine for migraines (10 tablets for $170... OUTRAGEOUS... but it is something new on the market... supposed to be a wonder drug)...

sending out lotsa love to ya!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
noura... sounds like you are a busy busy lady! don't forget to get some rest in there! *hugs* hope ya have a wonderful day... and weekend!

lost... congrats on the camera! yay! i hope that you have a restful weekend...

jw... bless ya! i think it was a good idea to tell your boss what is going on... i surely hope that you have a better day today... and an absolutely blessed weekend! *hugs*

meriem... pls keep us updated to your daughter's health. i will be praying for her... and for you... hope that you have a safe journey... and a wonderful time with your daughter and family... *hugs* yay for the petition being in algeirs! hope that interview comes soon!!!

hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend... and gets answers to prayers... needed rest... and finds some peace within that will see you through the coming week...

ps: went to the doctor yesterday... my bp is down to normal... got some medicine for migraines (10 tablets for $170... OUTRAGEOUS... but it is something new on the market... supposed to be a wonder drug)...

sending out lotsa love to ya!

Lynne

Wow Lynne! That's a lot for migrane meds. Which one did he put you on? Those migranes can be a booger. I've learned that when I know I'm getting one, I will down a couple Mountain Dews for the caffiene and a couple Exedrin. Seems to work as well as the Midran the docs gave me. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I have the day off today (we didnt have snow day this year so we get a day off near the end), my friends have planned a girls day before Ali gets here. We will be having lunch together and watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". I have spent all morning cleaning my room and preparing for Ali's arrival.

Then in the afternoon I want to go finalize everything for the wediding, it was all pending on the interview and well I can now say he's coming ! Then all weekend I am going to lock myself into my room and try to finish as much homework as I can so I wont be sitting and doing homework alot when Ali comes.

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Meriem sorry to hear about your daughter. (F)

As for the rest of this day.....BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, which how I have felt about this whole week. :dead:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.