Colada

VAWA being challenged in Federal Court

15 posts in this topic

Just want to share this, in case it hasn't been posted yet.

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/02/21/finall...-federal-court/

Here is the attorney's myspace. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=93824748

Please notice his friends' pictures.

I-751 processing time

July 2007 - filed I-751 abuse waiver

Sep 2007 - bio appt

Mar 2008 - approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for sharing this Colada - there are some sick people out there with a seriously skewed image of reality.

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

abolish ladies night.

very useful :rofl:

I-130

Jun 28 2004 : Received at NSC

Oct 25 2004 : Transferred to CSC

Oct 29 2004 : Received at CSC

Nov 8 2004 : Received response from CSC that my file is being requested & review will be done

Nov 10 2004 : Email & online status Approved

Nov 15 2004 : NOA 2 in mail

Dec 16 2004 : NVC assigns case number

Dec 20 2004 : NVC sent DS 3032 to beneficiary, copy of DS 3032 & I-864 fee bill to petitioner

Jan 3 2005 : Petitioner received copy of DS 3032 and I-864 fee bill. Post-marked Dec 23rd.

Jan 11 2005 : Beneficiary received DS 3032 in Indonesia

Jan 31 2005 : Sent DS 3032 to NVC

Feb 8, 2005 : NVC received DS 3032

Feb 21, 2005 : IV fee generated

Feb 25, 2005 : Sent I-864 fee bill

Feb 28, 2005 : I-864 fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 3, 2005 : IV fee bill received

Mar 7, 2005 : Sent IV fee bill

Mar 9, 2005 : IV fee bill delivered to St Louis

Mar 28, 2005 : I-864 fee credited against case.

April 6, 2005 : Received I-864 package

April 7, 2005 : Immigrant Visa fee credited against case.

April 11, 2005 : DS 230 is generated

Aug 12, 2005 : I-864 & DS 230 received by NVC

Sep 14, 2005 : RFE on I-864

Nov 3, 2005 : Checklist response received at NVC

Nov 25, 2005 : Case completion

Dec 9, 2005 : Police Cert requested from the Netherlands

Jan 12 2006 : Interview success - Approved !!

Jan 19 2006 : Visa & brown envelope picked up

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

These are the options given in the I-751:

"You entered the marriage in good faith, but your spouse subsequently died;

You entered the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was later terminated due to divorce or annulment;

You entered the marriage in good faith and have remained married, but have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse; or

The termination of your status and removal would result in extreme hardship."

The sex of the applicant in the above reasons is not inferred, but almost wish I underwent a sex change operation when in a divorce court with my ex wife. but in a state with no-fault divorce rules, the word abuse wasn't even allowed to be introduced, my ex learned that quickly. All I was after was the full physical custody of my children, the rest of the junk in our marriage I could replace. I did get that, the rest was divided 50-50.

So her claiming abuse was worthless, she was lying through her teeth anyway, but it all depends upon your state. But really felt that bias toward the fairer sex or as it is called.

Best method is prevention, watch out who you marry.

I am just surprised that abuse doesn't really play a part in divorce in no-fault state. I think no fault state is just bullshit. What if the cheating spouse wants alimony from the faithful spouse? That doesn't sound fair.

I spent some time reading the complaint from the attorney. He married a woman from Russia and that she claimed "abuse" and she worked in a brothel house after marrying him. That was what he said any way. I found his last sentence in the complaint interesting...

"In practice and intent, the Violence Against Women Act and certain sections of the

Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act and Immigration and

Nationality Act create a process by which the constitutional rights of American men who

take foreign wives are violated in order to rectify the feminists’ inability to make American

men love them."

These are the options given in the I-751:

"You entered the marriage in good faith, but your spouse subsequently died;

You entered the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was later terminated due to divorce or annulment;

You entered the marriage in good faith and have remained married, but have been battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse; or

The termination of your status and removal would result in extreme hardship."

The sex of the applicant in the above reasons is not inferred, but almost wish I underwent a sex change operation when in a divorce court with my ex wife. but in a state with no-fault divorce rules, the word abuse wasn't even allowed to be introduced, my ex learned that quickly. All I was after was the full physical custody of my children, the rest of the junk in our marriage I could replace. I did get that, the rest was divided 50-50.

So her claiming abuse was worthless, she was lying through her teeth anyway, but it all depends upon your state. But really felt that bias toward the fairer sex or as it is called.

Best method is prevention, watch out who you marry.

I-751 processing time

July 2007 - filed I-751 abuse waiver

Sep 2007 - bio appt

Mar 2008 - approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No-fault divorce laws benefit that spouse that is too lazy to work, an abuser, a taker, an alcoholic, a compulsive gambler, a criminal, a user in given halve of whatever is left in that marriage after it has been butchered, even a half a can of beans.

The above description also describes the nature of the representatives that made this the law, so the good spouse does not have much of a chance in a court of law. As it describes the legal machine of crooked attorney's, judges, assessors that all make a darn good living from a victim of a divorce.

Judge appointed his attorney buddies to our case with no say from me, had a right to to request detailed invoices that were loaded with lies, meetings that never occurred or a five minute phone call that was recorded as a five hour meeting. Filed complaints to the bar, they don't deal with fees, okay if not fees, lying about fees, still no deal. Ha, go back to the judge that appointed these crooks, if I did that, would be robbed again. Left a very bad taste in my mouth. Even my own attorney tried to screw me, but he forgot I had him sign an iron clad contract defining a flat fee that included all expenses that not even he could argue.

Have to be darn careful, especially when dealing with our legal system.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A big Amen to that one !!!!

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah, that sucks man! So much for the protection of women and children!

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Ah, that sucks man! So much for the protection of women and children!

VAWA does not have respect to due process, and it opens the door to "fruit of the poison tree" benefits. If vawa was only applied in cases in which said abuse had been adjudicated, I would not be able to say this.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Poor guy. He has some big issues. So, he has been working in Russia for 10 years (without any success-been cheated back and forth), has married a Russian girl half his age (now he is over 50), brought her to NY, and 4 months later she left him and started to work in a strip joint. Poor lawyer could not get over it and filed a lawsuit against the strip joint where the wife was working. But she still managed to keep her GC with help of WAVA.

10 years later, the guy is still bitter and now challenging WAVA in Fed Court, filing a suit against Columbia Univ's Center of Women Studies, against Ladies Nights, etc. I could say that he is trying to make money on all this but since he admits that puts an effort to get laid by very young ("in athletic prime") girls of African, Asian or Latino origin, I would say that he is a psyco.

He used to like Russians and white girls...Now, 10 years after, he is still so bitter that he can be only with color girls (his words). Jee. But looks like he got some sponsors. It is very expensive to prepare such a lawsuit.

I always get surprised when hear such stories. What did he expected when he has married a girl 20+ years younger? And since she got a job at strip joint, she was not a professional (otherwise, she would look for a job in a store, office, etc). He got what he wanted. He did not need a wife-he needed somebody to flash around, to posess. He gets mad when his possesion leaves him (my bet-she left so early because she did not see any money in his bank account in NY. She did not want to share problems). He should be smart enough and get real and let it go. To keep such a toy like his ex-wife he needed to spend, spend, spend and not to ask much in return. Sugar daddy is a sugar daddy not a real husband (you spend and get some control and access to young body; that is the deal). Stop looking for a sugar babes and might get a chance.

Here is the attorney's myspace. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=93824748

Karina and Tomy

Timeline

maybe she got a job at a strip joint because that was her profession in russia? seriously, guys, many russian women are in america because they got too old to work in strip joints and whorehouses, and had to change professions.

Filed: Other Timeline

Yeah, if you pick a woman only on the basis of the external package don't be surprised if the girl you pick is as superficial as you are and tries to sell her 'package' to a higher bidder, especially in NYC.

Poor guy. He has some big issues. So, he has been working in Russia for 10 years (without any success-been cheated back and forth), has married a Russian girl half his age (now he is over 50), brought her to NY, and 4 months later she left him and started to work in a strip joint. Poor lawyer could not get over it and filed a lawsuit against the strip joint where the wife was working. But she still managed to keep her GC with help of WAVA.

10 years later, the guy is still bitter and now challenging WAVA in Fed Court, filing a suit against Columbia Univ's Center of Women Studies, against Ladies Nights, etc. I could say that he is trying to make money on all this but since he admits that puts an effort to get laid by very young ("in athletic prime") girls of African, Asian or Latino origin, I would say that he is a psyco.

He used to like Russians and white girls...Now, 10 years after, he is still so bitter that he can be only with color girls (his words). Jee. But looks like he got some sponsors. It is very expensive to prepare such a lawsuit.

I always get surprised when hear such stories. What did he expected when he has married a girl 20+ years younger? And since she got a job at strip joint, she was not a professional (otherwise, she would look for a job in a store, office, etc). He got what he wanted. He did not need a wife-he needed somebody to flash around, to posess. He gets mad when his possesion leaves him (my bet-she left so early because she did not see any money in his bank account in NY. She did not want to share problems). He should be smart enough and get real and let it go. To keep such a toy like his ex-wife he needed to spend, spend, spend and not to ask much in return. Sugar daddy is a sugar daddy not a real husband (you spend and get some control and access to young body; that is the deal). Stop looking for a sugar babes and might get a chance.

thkirby-1.gifpetblink46.gif
BuddhaEyesGlobe.gif1433707c1j51myzp6.gif

The lawyer's wife maybe has been a professional dancer...

But for your info %wise more Russian women have advanced degree than in any other part of the world. Most Russian women here are professionals (by the way, most of them are nor really Russians but majority are Russian Jewish-most got refugee status and most came here about 20-15 years ago).

Communist regime favored education. People must to go to college or univer to get education. The alternative was jail (only exception was for mothers with kids) because even for blue collar postions we were needed a college diploma. More women in Russia had univer degree than men. The situation has changed somewhat only about less than 10 years ago during which time education was considered a waste. (now it is back to norm).

It is a very bad stereotype to view all Russian girls as potential hookers/stripers. The same as many ignorant Russian view all Tai women as prostitutes, all Phillipino as maids, etc.

There is a lot of info in Russian news about prostitution/slavery, etc. Bad economy created many desperate young girls ready to believe anything. Average male in Europe/Mid East prefers white woman as a prostitute on regular basis. Here is a traffic of prostitutes/slaves into Turkey, W Europe, Arab countries.

For your info, a lot of Asian ####### houses were busted in Moscow (news almost every month). Mostly Chinese girls were working there (some Vietnamese but all Asians) but they had asian clients only (seems that Asian guys even in other countries still preferred Asian prostitutes). There is huge Chinese community in Moscow now. By the way, most Chinese girls in those brothels were slaves too-documents were taken, they just had to pay with there body for the passage to the west (according to news).

maybe she got a job at a strip joint because that was her profession in russia? seriously, guys, many russian women are in america because they got too old to work in strip joints and whorehouses, and had to change professions.

Karina and Tomy

Timeline

i understand that many russian women have education. i also understand many russian women in the US are ex-prostitutes, and that arabs prefer them, as do israelis, and that they are available in larger chinese cities, usually having surrendered their passports and finding great difficulty in returning to their homeland. i understand that chinese girls work in the trade all over the world, from the USA to japan to china to indonesia to india to africa to europe. i also understand that chinese men prefer chinese girls. they are an ethno-centric people in many ways.

i also personally know several russian "artists" who came to the US as wives, and several russians who came to the US under assylum rules. i know russians who came to US with medical degrees, and engineering degrees, etc.

wanna know why there are so many russian and indian/paki/chinese doctors in the US? because medical education is cheap in their home countries, being state sponsored. in the US a similar degree costs over $250K in tuition and fees.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.