Sal and Jay

August 2008 AOS Filers

2,675 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
So all my whining....P left for his INFOPASS appointment and I went to work...and got the email saying his EAD was approved. Ooops.

That was a speedy action on USCIS part ;)

Which Langenau? :whistle: Am I invited? :devil: I will be in Friedrichshafen in July :innocent:

AOS from B-2

08/05/08 I-485 filed

02/03/09 CGC received

12/09/10 I-751 filed

04/07/11 GC received

11/1/11 N-400 filed

02/24/12 USC

In Polish only. Sytuacja polityczna w Polsce:

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
So.... this is so quick but... he's approved!

------

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 18, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

--------

Good luck everyone! I hope you get good news soon!

Congrats, I looked at your timeline and saw there was almost 2 months between your application and biometrics. Is that due to any RFE's? If not, your case would be a perfect representative for a end of July case, transfered to CSC.

Quite the detective. We actually were idiots and sent the wrong check amount, not sure if that counts as an RFE. It delayed the process a couple weeks. I assumed that because USCIS didn't process the application until August, we fell into the category of middle or end of August filers.

The approval occurred very quickly anyway. Is this a normal amount of time if an interview isn't required? And why do they sometimes interview, and sometimes not?

The approval occurred very quickly anyway. Is this a normal amount of time if an interview isn't required? And why do they sometimes interview, and sometimes not?

From what I understand those, who come into the country as K1 or any other fiance visa holders, sometimes do not have to go through the interview process since most of them have already done the I-130 interview in the past.

On the other hand those who came here in any other way (ex. J-1, traveling etc.) will HAVE to go with the interview almost for sure since this would be their first time talking to the immigration officer.

Any thoughts on this?

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

From what I understand those, who come into the country as K1 or any other fiance visa holders, sometimes do not have to go through the interview process since most of them have already done the I-130 interview in the past.

On the other hand those who came here in any other way (ex. J-1, traveling etc.) will HAVE to go with the interview almost for sure since this would be their first time talking to the immigration officer.

Any thoughts on this?

I agree on your statement that it is K1 VISA holders that are the lucky ones to be elected for the "CSC no-interview" process. However, I think the explanation for this is the straight forward objective of someones stay in the US meaning it is rather obvious that someone applying for a fiancee VISA does that to marry a USC with the intention to stay for longer period of time. Filing for Adjustment of Status can therefore expected and is even promoted by USCIS. Indeed the application process of K1 already foresaw in checking the legitimizy of the upcomming marriage. I think it is for that reason that I-130 doesn't need to be filed if marriage takes place within 90 days of entry. Assuming you want to get married as soon as you can, it makes sense that after certain time the research needs to be done again by filing I-130. In case of entering on another VISA the intend for stay in the US was different so obviously there is is research to be done on someones intentions. That is what I-130 is to be filed for.

N-400 application timeline

02-22-2012-- (00): documents sent

02-23-2012-- (01): NOA date

02-27-2012-- (05): check cashed

03-02-2012-- (09): bio appointment notice sent, bio date 03-15 (23)

03-05-2012-- (12): bio notice received

03-06-2012-- (13): early bio

03-12-2012-- (19): in line for interview scheduling

03-21-2012-- (28): scheduled for interview

03-28-2012-- (35): interview notice received

05-02-2012-- (70): interview. Rec. for Approval!

05-16-2012-- (84): in line for oath scheduling

06-19-2012-(118): scheduled for oath

06-21-2012-(120): oath letter received

07-06-2012-(135): oath

Passport application timeline

07-10-2012-- (00): application sent (card+book/routine service)

07-17-2012-- (07): application status online

07-26-2012-- (16): application on hold (name too long)

07-28-2012-- (18): RFI Tucson passport center (proposed shortened name) letter received

07-30-2012-- (20): reply sent to Tucson passport center

08-18-2012-- (39): passport book received

08-21-2012-- (42): passport card received

08-21-2012-- (42): CON received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

How can I check the timeline of others here in Newark. I want to see how long they waited to receive the interview letter after having their EAD.

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
So all my whining....P left for his INFOPASS appointment and I went to work...and got the email saying his EAD was approved. Ooops.

That was a speedy action on USCIS part ;)

Which Langenau? :whistle: Am I invited? :devil: I will be in Friedrichshafen in July :innocent:

He is from Langenau, Baden-Wuerttemberg.

Are you invited to what?!? The German wedding? :lol: If it EVER happens, sure!!

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
How can I check the timeline of others here in Newark. I want to see how long they waited to receive the interview letter after having their EAD.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslis...&op8=Cherry Hill NJ&xfr= (cherry hill)

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslis...&op8=Newark NJ&xfr= (newark)

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

Congrats everyone! Looks like this thread is getting livelier! Special congrats to Jundp and Liz.

I was starting to get jealous of everyone getting their interview lettesr, wondering if it would have actually been a blessing to not have been transfered to CSC. But, knowing that LizC was approved gives me some hope again....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aoslis...&op8=Cherry Hill NJ&xfr= (cherry hill)

Doesn't open! :crying:

Don't let the choices chose you, chose the choices that you want.

Good news! I finally got my EAD and the interview notice today. It's for Jan 12, 2009!

I hope this brings some peace to everyone who's had an RFE, and those who didn't - you guys have even less to worry about! :star: :star:

AOS Timeline:

• Date Filed : 2008-08-28
  • NOA Date : 2008-09-03
  • RFE: 2008-09-19
  • Biometrics Appt. : 2008-09-23
  • RFE Mailed: 2008-10-06
  • RFE Delivered: 2008-10-10
  • Case Processing Resumed: 2008-10-16
  • I-485 TOUCHES: 2008-10-17, 2008-10-20, 2008-10-21
  • EAD Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Approved: 2008-11-06 (Day 70)
  • AP Received: 2008-11-12
  • EAD Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview Letter Received: 2008-11-18
  • AOS GC Interview: 2009-01-12 - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

go to immigration timelines (above) and then click under post visa display options choose AOS section once on that screen (at the bottom of screen) choose your local office...let me know if this worked...

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

go to immigration timelines (above) and then click under post visa display options choose AOS section once on that screen (at the bottom of screen) choose your local office...let me know if this worked...

Edited by Maad

AOS from B-2

08/05/08 I-485 filed

02/03/09 CGC received

12/09/10 I-751 filed

04/07/11 GC received

11/1/11 N-400 filed

02/24/12 USC

In Polish only. Sytuacja polityczna w Polsce:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Patrick got the job!!!!!

Yay! Full benefits, including company-paid insurance for our entire family and a free yearly bus pass!

Ironically, I've been teaching here for 10 years with an MA and here he is, in this country for 3 months and he gets a job making way more than I make!

Of course I'm benefiting from it :)

Yay. Now we have the AOS interview on December 10th.

Is it just me or does it seem like AOS stuff takes much less time than K1 did? I feel like we waited for years....

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.