Dr. A ♥ O

Humpday

114 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband also has two half-read books too now that I think of it!! One is the Hobbitt which he said was kind of boring. He got a 4 pack of the Lord of the Rings on sale and the Hobbit was in there. I have no clue what these books are about since my mind sees them and instantly registers them as "boy books". Anyhoo he ditched that and one before it for The Lemon Tree which he's really loving.

I love when we both have a really good book at night 'cause it's just so cozy to read together. (plus he looks super zexy in his glasses :blush: )

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Why do I feel so guilty about starting what I *know* will be an awesome turnpager (by Brian Haig, my favorite author)? Is it my Catholic school guilt that is just stuck to my psyche like velcro??????

Why are you feeling guilty about a good bad book? I love a delicious read now and then. Makes you enjoy reading...I love it when you have a book that you just can't put down.

No I feel guilty that I'm starting yet another book when I haven't finished the other two that I started. Kind of like eating my dessert before finishing my peas. :blush:

LOL, I do that all the time...I try not to do it too often, but sometimes I find that I'm just drawn to one over the other. Especially when they're a little juicier than the others. :whistle:

I'm a crazy poster...I said "I do that all the time" and then "I try not to do it too often"...I must have been having a blonde moment. hehe

I love when we both have a really good book at night 'cause it's just so cozy to read together. (plus he looks super zexy in his glasses).

I love it when my hubby puts on his glasses when his eyes get tired......he looks so smart & sexy - ooooh yummy! :devil:

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Cute shirts Bridget! Though I missed the line where you said you bought this today and for a few seconds I was wondering why you were posting this pic of this women :blush:

Here you are buying summer clothes and I so want to break out my fall clothes. (it's hitting 100 each day here with no end in sight!)

PS I love sushi and the place next door to me have half price happy hour! :dance:

These *are* fall/winter for the south!!! LOL... I just ordered some too. Thanks for the link B, I've been looking for some like this to wear under stuff. :thumbs:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Cute shirts Bridget! Though I missed the line where you said you bought this today and for a few seconds I was wondering why you were posting this pic of this women :blush:

Here you are buying summer clothes and I so want to break out my fall clothes. (it's hitting 100 each day here with no end in sight!)

PS I love sushi and the place next door to me have half price happy hour! :dance:

These *are* fall/winter for the south!!! LOL... I just ordered some too. Thanks for the link B, I've been looking for some like this to wear under stuff. :thumbs:

me too!!!!! I have like ONE long sleeved t-shirt that I use over and over and over but it's worn out it's welcome so I've been desparately searching for these. I just hope they're good!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

These *are* fall/winter for the south!!!

Don't remind me :crying:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Goodevening everyone! I hope you are all enjoying your day today! Everyone have a beautiful evening :thumbs:

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Bad Day for Me!

I am struggling with a lonely, old man who is an alcoholic. He was in the hospital for 3 1/2 months due to broken foot (he got falling down drunk). While in the hospital, he sobered up and got better. They discharged him on Monday and he fell off the wagon on Tuesday. I had to go over to his apartment to help get him into bed. Only then to see that in his sleep he is moving and trying to get out of bed (while unconscious).

So tonight I have to confront the old guy and tell him this can't continue.

Don't know what to do. He has no family here.

I'm back again...the twins had their 2 month shots today! OUCH....I was almost in tears as they were crying! :( Now they are sound asleep....Poor lil punkies!

awww, i think that has got to be one of the worst things of motherhood are those dang shots!! i remember those days like it were yesterday.

i cant even go to the store on my lunch hour anymore without getting ambused by the bank workers there :angry: it's getting ridiculous! i go there to shop and look around not to get hounded with opening up an account.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Timeline
I got three books today for the summer book club. I will be retreating now to my book worm reading corner. :)

LOL, I have three from the library that I'm working on...I just finished one, in the middle of the other, and have to start the last one as it is due next week. :o

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I got three books today for the summer book club. I will be retreating now to my book worm reading corner. :)

LOL, I have three from the library that I'm working on...I just finished one, in the middle of the other, and have to start the last one as it is due next week. :o

Oops! Well maybe you can renew it online like my library allows us to. :)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Oops! Well maybe you can renew it online like my library allows us to. :)

Yeah, I will try - but it was waitlisted earlier, so I hope that I can renew it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nutty, have you maybe tried to get some ideas from a place like AA? it is very difficult, almost impossible, for one person to manage another person's addictions. Does he want to change? If he does, then there is hope. Otherwise, he will continue to thwart your efforts.

Well, I had burst the upper radiator hose! It's fixed! We went and got a new one after pouring water in the radiator to see where it was leaking... then got more 50/50 coolant, went, poured in 6 liters of water initially and then did 2/3 the coolant and then actually couldn't add any more even after we turned the car on... so I must have lost a bit less than half my water. So I don't think anything else was hurt. I think the smoke started when the hose made a tiny split and then in my effort to get it to the parkinglot, the last 1/10 mile where the temperature started to raise is when the split increased and was basically blowing a coolant/water steam over the engine causing smoke. So today the car has been great, he looked sooo cute fixing my car, and I was so happy because that car is my most favorite object in the world and he had threatened to trash it if it cost more than $100 to fix it (total, with tax-- $21). So when we got home I started crying and hugged the car and hugged him and it was so awesome. Best day ever!!! The problem now, though, is that he wants to drive my car to "make sure it is safe" and has stuck me with his car-- that I can't see out of because it's made for people 5'10" and taller. it's soooo unsafe.... I can't see out of the back window or the side windows and I can't see the hood AT ALL lol. I want my car back!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Timeline
Nutty, have you maybe tried to get some ideas from a place like AA? it is very difficult, almost impossible, for one person to manage another person's addictions. Does he want to change? If he does, then there is hope. Otherwise, he will continue to thwart your efforts.

Well, I had burst the upper radiator hose! It's fixed! We went and got a new one after pouring water in the radiator to see where it was leaking... then got more 50/50 coolant, went, poured in 6 liters of water initially and then did 2/3 the coolant and then actually couldn't add any more even after we turned the car on... so I must have lost a bit less than half my water. So I don't think anything else was hurt. I think the smoke started when the hose made a tiny split and then in my effort to get it to the parkinglot, the last 1/10 mile where the temperature started to raise is when the split increased and was basically blowing a coolant/water steam over the engine causing smoke. So today the car has been great, he looked sooo cute fixing my car, and I was so happy because that car is my most favorite object in the world and he had threatened to trash it if it cost more than $100 to fix it (total, with tax-- $21). So when we got home I started crying and hugged the car and hugged him and it was so awesome. Best day ever!!! The problem now, though, is that he wants to drive my car to "make sure it is safe" and has stuck me with his car-- that I can't see out of because it's made for people 5'10" and taller. it's soooo unsafe.... I can't see out of the back window or the side windows and I can't see the hood AT ALL lol. I want my car back!

I just had a visual on that! LMAO :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.