Dr. A ♥ O

Humpday

114 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Nutty, have you maybe tried to get some ideas from a place like AA? it is very difficult, almost impossible, for one person to manage another person's addictions. Does he want to change? If he does, then there is hope. Otherwise, he will continue to thwart your efforts.

Well, I had burst the upper radiator hose! It's fixed! We went and got a new one after pouring water in the radiator to see where it was leaking... then got more 50/50 coolant, went, poured in 6 liters of water initially and then did 2/3 the coolant and then actually couldn't add any more even after we turned the car on... so I must have lost a bit less than half my water. So I don't think anything else was hurt. I think the smoke started when the hose made a tiny split and then in my effort to get it to the parkinglot, the last 1/10 mile where the temperature started to raise is when the split increased and was basically blowing a coolant/water steam over the engine causing smoke. So today the car has been great, he looked sooo cute fixing my car, and I was so happy because that car is my most favorite object in the world and he had threatened to trash it if it cost more than $100 to fix it (total, with tax-- $21). So when we got home I started crying and hugged the car and hugged him and it was so awesome. Best day ever!!! The problem now, though, is that he wants to drive my car to "make sure it is safe" and has stuck me with his car-- that I can't see out of because it's made for people 5'10" and taller. it's soooo unsafe.... I can't see out of the back window or the side windows and I can't see the hood AT ALL lol. I want my car back!

I'm so glad to hear you got your car fixed. I know it must have been difficult without it this last couple days. Too bad you can't drive it yet :P At least your husband could fix it. My husband never had his license, knows nothing about cars and his family tells me he wouldn't even ever go out to wash the car they had. I told him he will learn even if it means I must spray the water on him while I am washing it! lol

I swear I love him so much because he has already done a lot of things his family swears he never did before he married me (like cook a meal, clean, etc). He has a lot of learning to do, but I know he will try in his own way to do his best for me.

Edited by S and S

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Nutty, have you maybe tried to get some ideas from a place like AA? it is very difficult, almost impossible, for one person to manage another person's addictions. Does he want to change? If he does, then there is hope. Otherwise, he will continue to thwart your efforts.

Well, I had burst the upper radiator hose! It's fixed! We went and got a new one after pouring water in the radiator to see where it was leaking... then got more 50/50 coolant, went, poured in 6 liters of water initially and then did 2/3 the coolant and then actually couldn't add any more even after we turned the car on... so I must have lost a bit less than half my water. So I don't think anything else was hurt. I think the smoke started when the hose made a tiny split and then in my effort to get it to the parkinglot, the last 1/10 mile where the temperature started to raise is when the split increased and was basically blowing a coolant/water steam over the engine causing smoke. So today the car has been great, he looked sooo cute fixing my car, and I was so happy because that car is my most favorite object in the world and he had threatened to trash it if it cost more than $100 to fix it (total, with tax-- $21). So when we got home I started crying and hugged the car and hugged him and it was so awesome. Best day ever!!! The problem now, though, is that he wants to drive my car to "make sure it is safe" and has stuck me with his car-- that I can't see out of because it's made for people 5'10" and taller. it's soooo unsafe.... I can't see out of the back window or the side windows and I can't see the hood AT ALL lol. I want my car back!

I just had a visual on that! LMAO :devil:

Well, then I hugged them in a group hug. It was a touching moment. :) Actually, he started busting up laughing.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Well, then I hugged them in a group hug. It was a touching moment. :) Actually, he started busting up laughing.

That is so funny. I swear I would do the same thing in your shoes.

Timeline
I'm so glad to hear you got your car fixed. I know it must have been difficult without it this last couple days. Too bad you can't drive it yet :P At least your husband could fix it. My husband never had his license, knows nothing about cars and his family tells me he wouldn't even ever go out to wash the car they had. I told him he will learn even if it means I must spray the water on him while I am washing it! lol

I swear I love him so much because he has already done a lot of things his family swears he never did before he married me (like cook a meal, clean, etc). He has a lot of learning to do, but I know he will try in his own way to do his best for me.

You know, I always figured that if millions of people can fix their cars, I can figure it out. Can't be rocket science! So, Just filled it up to figure out where the leak is, looked for water, found the split, un-clamped the hose, brought it to Autozone, asked about a new hose, was asked if it was upper or lower-- figured must be upper because it was on top (the other option is if they were talking in relation to closeness to interior of the car, but I know there wasn't one back behind this), compared them, saw they were basically the same diameter, went back, put it on, then started pouring in this 50/50 mix of coolant and turned on the car when ti was "full" and kept filling because I knew that water actually remained in the engine and so there is more than is just in that tank... and voila! And now, you too can do it!

My grandmother, my father's mother, is a pretty neurotic woman who was a model and very stuck on herself.. anyway, one of the things she has always done is feign helplessness for any situation. "Oh, I don't know how to do that, I may break a nail" or "I'm just a model" or "I need some man.." Blech. Anyway, apparently, this was a giant pet peeve of my dad's. So, since I was little, he had me out there doing car stuff with him, learning to mow the lawn, learning about all kinds of "boy" things and then worked to where he got me to basically approach things with the attitude of "well, it can be done, surely, if I just have the right information and tools." Sometimes that doesn't really work if you need something specialized or if it's something pretty difficult (like you need to hoist your engine for some reason.. you can do it, but it's not something I have the stuff for). It was also part of his plan to not ever spend any money lol-- because if you know what's wrong, you can usually at the very least go into the shop and avoid all those exploratory/diagnostic things they charge you for! :)

I think Ammar has the same basic attitude. So, it worked out. I could have done it on my own, but he had better hand strength to push those clamps open. Your DH can do it too! Imagine how handy he'll become after you keep giving him these little jobs! LOL!

Timeline
Good evening Insomniacs Club! How is your night? I'm peachy. I'm lying.

jJ

You missing your Dh?

I'm at work, I was technically an insomniac at 11am this morning... :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

jJ

need another call?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

That is so funny. I swear I would do the same thing in your shoes.

:lol:

Julianna u just reminded me of my father...he'd do that to us when I was young...usually in frustrating situations and say in a sarcastic tone..."awww commmee herreee GROUP HUG"...I'd get so frustrated at him but always ended up crying from laughter! (Awww...I love my Daddy! LOL)

jJ

Jackieeeeeeeee {HUG} I'm up with the babies....LOL :D I think it will be LONG NIGHT!

Timeline

Hello Jackie!!! Sorry your not having a good night :( I should be in bed myself. I have to be up in six hours.

Julianna, that was great your father did that. My father always tried to fix his own car too. In fact, my father hates dealing with new cars because some things are difficult to fix on your own with them compared to old cars. I generally keep newer cars so I don't have too many things go wrong with them. I did make the point of knowing how to change my own tire and it once saved me because I blew a tire in the middle of nowhere, hours from any family or friends. I had the tire changed within twenty minutes (my trunk was packed so it wasn't easy to reach the spare) and managed to make it to the next major city to get a new one the next day (my tire blew in the evening when every place was closed).

I have this fear of electricity so when I need a new battery I am forced to let someone else change it out for me. That will definitely become my husbands job once he is here if I ever have that problem again, lol. As for the fear, I just got electricuted (minor ones) too many times and now I avoid it like the plague. I once got electricuted by the garbage disposal when I was checking it for any silverware before running it. I couldn't run a garbage disposal for years after that, lol. My mother accidentally touched an electric fence meant to keep dogs in while she was pregnant with me so it started early on in life, lol.

Timeline
Julianna u just reminded me of my father...he'd do that to us when I was young...usually in frustrating situations and say in a sarcastic tone..."awww commmee herreee GROUP HUG"...I'd get so frustrated at him but always ended up crying from laughter! (Awww...I love my Daddy! LOL)

jJ

Jackieeeeeeeee {HUG} I'm up with the babies....LOL :D I think it will be LONG NIGHT!

Do they keep you really busy? Do they sleep through any nights? LOL @ your dad!

Do da babies have a little fever? I always hated shot night.

Need a call from your sexy voice? Better not, I get stiff when the wind blows. (did I just say that?)

Yea, I 'm missing the DH. We are not ..um..connecting good these days and it sux big time. With my work and his work...there are not many good times for us to chat. And to be honest, it is starting to take a toll on me. Neither of us are putting forth alot of effort into emails either. So I am just in a funk...a big 'i give the f up' funk and I hope it passes soon.

jJ

Timeline
Hello Jackie!!! Sorry your not having a good night :( I should be in bed myself. I have to be up in six hours.

Julianna, that was great your father did that. My father always tried to fix his own car too. In fact, my father hates dealing with new cars because some things are difficult to fix on your own with them compared to old cars. I generally keep newer cars so I don't have too many things go wrong with them. I did make the point of knowing how to change my own tire and it once saved me because I blew a tire in the middle of nowhere, hours from any family or friends. I had the tire changed within twenty minutes (my trunk was packed so it wasn't easy to reach the spare) and managed to make it to the next major city to get a new one the next day (my tire blew in the evening when every place was closed).

I have this fear of electricity so when I need a new battery I am forced to let someone else change it out for me. That will definitely become my husbands job once he is here if I ever have that problem again, lol. As for the fear, I just got electricuted (minor ones) too many times and now I avoid it like the plague. I once got electricuted by the garbage disposal when I was checking it for any silverware before running it. I couldn't run a garbage disposal for years after that, lol. My mother accidentally touched an electric fence meant to keep dogs in while she was pregnant with me so it started early on in life, lol.

My dad complains about the same things! Yeah, I had a similar tire incedent only i made it home.. but I was living by myself. It was really good to be able to just do it!

I'm also kind of scared of the car battery. I was just thinking today about the numbers of times I've been shocked! They were never bad but always startling... only once was it kind of painful. The best shock I had was when I accidentally grabbed the prongs of a christmas light strand as I was plugging it into an outlet. It took me a couple of seconds to realize what was happening and pull my hand free... didn't hurt at all though... but I remember being really disoriented for a few seconds when the electric was going through me...

Need a call from your sexy voice? Better not, I get stiff when the wind blows. (did I just say that?)

Yea, I 'm missing the DH. We are not ..um..connecting good these days and it sux big time. With my work and his work...there are not many good times for us to chat. And to be honest, it is starting to take a toll on me. Neither of us are putting forth alot of effort into emails either. So I am just in a funk...a big 'i give the f up' funk and I hope it passes soon.

jJ

So, make a daily email! Just keep one on draft and add to it throughout the day everytime you think of something to tell him or see someting cool, get some good links, etc.

jJ

Do they keep you really busy? Do they sleep through any nights? LOL @ your dad!

They do keep us pretty busy but my husband is a doll I swear I don't know what I'd do without him...he takes a lot of the pressure off or I'd go bonkers!! They do not sleep through the night yet...Nour (the girl) does a bit...sometimes a good 6 hours...that rocks! But Zain (the boy) he is a consistant 3 to 4 hour sleeper...He needs his food! LOL

OMG today at the doctors Zain is 11.15 pounds (helllooo 12 pounds!!! LOL) and Nour is a petite 8.4...LMAO...what a difference! No wonder my arms hurt!

jJ

Yes, they are running a fever :( It sucks big time....Zain is making weird noises when he does finally sleep a bit...sounds like a nightmare happening. Poor guy.

As for you and ur hubby....I know what you mean but you guys need to find a pattern....the job is new...u'll get there just you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. As for emails...I hate them! Nothing like a voice online :D But now that you're up...write him a note and tell him how ur feeling :) Then find a really corny card or sexy one online and send him one! :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.