16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello,

I'm getting ready to apply for my AOS soon, and the I-639 has been a pain. I got here on a K1visa (4 months ago) so I know I wont have to get another physical. Back in Brazil, my doctor gave me a copy of my vaccination sheet. So know what? Do I find a civil surgeon in my area that will transfer the data to the I-639? What about the new vaccines, do I have to get them with the same doctor, or can I get them before I actually go there?

Ahhh I know someone is probably gonna say, "read the guidelines". I've read them. I just wanna be sure that's what I need to do!

Thanks!

:wacko:

Ideally, it would be best to get a Civil Surgeon to transfer the DS-3025 (worksheet) data onto a I-693 vaccinations section, sign it, and seal it. But people have sent just the DS-3025 and been ok.

Regarding the new vaccines, I honestly don't think anybody (including USCIS) knows for sure since the rules are so new. The CS will tell you that you need them all because you will pay him for each one.

I sent in my wife's AOS last week... Here's what we did. We sent the DS-3025 only, no 693 at all. My wife had the medical exam in April and had to complete the vaccinations as part of the k-1 visa process. But she didn't need or get the new vaccines, so we'll see what happens. We expect an RFE, but maybe we'll be ok.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there i found a civil surgeon here that allowed me to do the vaccination only. Because I have my medical examination last march of thisyear so its still ok. But since I just turned 26 this june so I'm still included in the new vaccination requirement. So I got GARDISIL (HPV) shot. And then after that the civil surgeon filled out the I-693 then put it in a sealed envelope. And give me a copy of what is exactly inside the the sealed envelope. Good luck to all of us! :-)

USflag.gifr.gifi.gifc.gifh.gifo.gifphilippine_flag.gif

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

July 21, 2008---(ORIGINAL) NOA1 for AOS & EAD

July 29, 2008---"WALK-IN" BIOMETRICS DONE (AOS & EAD-1)

Oct 14, 2008---EAD1 CARD ARRIVES! Approval date is Oct. 2, 2008

Dec 10, 2008---INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!!!

Dec 17, 2008---WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

Sept 10,2010---REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

Sept 10,2011---Application for citizenship

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hi there i found a civil surgeon here that allowed me to do the vaccination only. Because I have my medical examination last march of thisyear so its still ok. But since I just turned 26 this june so I'm still included in the new vaccination requirement. So I got GARDISIL (HPV) shot. And then after that the civil surgeon filled out the I-693 then put it in a sealed envelope. And give me a copy of what is exactly inside the the sealed envelope. Good luck to all of us! :-)

I am not sure if this helps. But when my wife and I got married I added her to my insurance and went to my local doctor to get all the vaccinations that immigration requires. Once i had them all i went to the civil surgeon and had him give me a I-693A for my wife according to the vaccines she had just gotten. This way i saved myself money and all i had to pay for 50 dollars for the surgeon to transfer my vaccines to the supplement form. Don't let them trick you into getting everything. USCIS does not care where you get your vaccines as long as you have them. Of course this is all within a scenario qhere the k1 visa holder already had an medical in their country and therefore do not need one here until after a year since last medical.

I am not sure if this helps. But when my wife and I got married I added her to my insurance and went to my local doctor to get all the vaccinations that immigration requires. Once i had them all i went to the civil surgeon and had him give me a I-693A for my wife according to the vaccines she had just gotten. This way i saved myself money and all i had to pay for 50 dollars for the surgeon to transfer my vaccines to the supplement form. Don't let them trick you into getting everything. USCIS does not care where you get your vaccines as long as you have them. Of course this is all within a scenario qhere the k1 visa holder already had an medical in their country and therefore do not need one here until after a year since last medical.

Excellent suggestion.

One thing though is... DO NOT TELL THE DOCTOR THAT'S GIVING YOU THE VACCINES THAT IT'S FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSES. THEY WILL SAY INSURANCE DOESN'T COVER THAT AND WILL TRY TO CHARGE YOU FULL PRICE (AND THEN STILL PROBABLY FILE THE INSURANCE CLAIM). SAY YOU NEED IT FOR SCHOOL OR A JOB, AND GET THEM TO GIVE YOU A FORM OR PROOF THAT YOU HAD IT SO YOU CAN TAKE IT TO A CIVIL SURGEON.

When we tried to get the new vaccines for my wife, we told him it was for immigration (i.e. adjustment of status) and he said that he can't do it through insurance because they don't cover that. blah blah blah!!!

Timeline

Hi actually that civil surgeon is the ONLY ONE who told me to go to Public health CLinic to get the shots and just go back to him when I have them all and its just $20 for the form for him to sign (I-693). BUt since I only have MMR and tetanus shot in the public health Clinic(FOR FREE, SAVE US $1 BUT20), because they are not giving the HPV shot unless your 18 years old below and since im 26 I cant get it from them I need to get it at my civil surgeon and its $170 so anyways we're just happy to save $120 from the two MMR and Tetanus shot.

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

Jan 9, 2009---CARD RECEIVED FINALLY! Approval date 12-10-08..expires on 12-10-10

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Richo -- Can you please provide the contact information for the CS you went to. We are in Chicago area as well, and might need to get this done since we have only sent DS3025 worksheet. Thanks!

Hi actually that civil surgeon is the ONLY ONE who told me to go to Public health CLinic to get the shots and just go back to him when I have them all and its just $20 for the form for him to sign (I-693). BUt since I only have MMR and tetanus shot in the public health Clinic(FOR FREE, SAVE US $1 BUT20), because they are not giving the HPV shot unless your 18 years old below and since im 26 I cant get it from them I need to get it at my civil surgeon and its $170 so anyways we're just happy to save $120 from the two MMR and Tetanus shot.

Timeline
Richo -- Can you please provide the contact information for the CS you went to. We are in Chicago area as well, and might need to get this done since we have only sent DS3025 worksheet. Thanks!

Hi there I'm in here in orange county, CA. And the CIvil surgeon that I'm saying is in here in Santa ANa, CA. Will you still want to get his number?

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Never mind....thanks! It says Chicago under your name and I mistakenly assumed that that is your local office.

Hi there I'm in here in orange county, CA. And the CIvil surgeon that I'm saying is in here in Santa ANa, CA. Will you still want to get his number?

Timeline
Never mind....thanks! It says Chicago under your name and I mistakenly assumed that that is your local office.

Hi there! it says chicago 'coz I passed the paperworks to chicago lockbox:-)

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm in the same boat guys. And it did not help me telling the doctor that I had had my physical in Brazil 3 months ago!

I had to do all over again, as I did not have a copy of the original I-693 and the doctors in Houston area would not sign the form unless they perform the physical. Today I had the TB test plus blood samples to show my antibodies for all the required vaccines...what a pain. I just have to have the Hep B (3 doses) and then I'm good to go.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

The following link was INVALUABLE to me to figure out what the heck was going on with the I-693. It looks like we DO indeed have to submit the I-693, part 1 (Information about you) and part 2, #5 (vaccination section) completed for K-1 visa holders. Please read Section 3, Frequently Asked Questions, #2 for clarification.

These forms were revised on 06/05/08. New info. Directions to the new I-693 link below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693instr.pdf

Here's the form itself.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-693.pdf

I faxed my info (DS-3025) to a local Civil Surgeon who told me over the phone what my husband needed in terms of vaccines. We then went to our family doctor and eventually had the shots done (see my signature). Went and dropped off our papers and had the transcription done for $25!

Don't let anybody fool you; you DO NOT need to redo the entire physical... It clearly states so in the directions (link above).

Edited by Shannon and David

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Timeline

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

Timeline

Hi with my case eventhough the part 1, part 2 section 5 and part 5 were the only ones needed, my civil surgeon still included everything, every page of FORM I-693 he just put "IMMUNIZATION ONLY" In the part 2 medical examination part. So eventhough the other parts were not needed for AOS based from K1 our civil surgeon submitted all 5 pages.

AOS & EAD TIMELINE:

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

CITIZENSHIP

.png

Timeline
Hi with my case eventhough the part 1, part 2 section 5 and part 5 were the only ones needed, my civil surgeon still included everything, every page of FORM I-693 he just put "IMMUNIZATION ONLY" In the part 2 medical examination part. So eventhough the other parts were not needed for AOS based from K1 our civil surgeon submitted all 5 pages.

Yeah, ours did the same thing (wrote vaccination only in part 5). All 5 pages were submitted. He gave us a copy of the I-693. The official version is in a sealed envelope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.