S and S

Its Caturday MENA!

305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I love cats. Your sound like they are full of personality. Manfusha will lay with me in bed for awhile at night, but she has taken to sleeping under the bed for part of the night as well. She only sits in my lap if I'm at the computer or laying with a blanket on the couch. She only lays on my chest if it is morning and she is hungry, lol. Which also includes meowing and purring loudly with some claws digging in to be sure I got the point she is hungry!

Me too! I got 2 cats when I was 3, and then after one litter they were fixed and we homed all but one baby.. so then we had 3. I had these three into high school and college and then I got my own cats. Even Ammar likes my cats, although he tried to not like them and was scared of them at first. It was a trying time. Now he can touch them and everything, and I KNOW he and Belfry are friends. Belfry sits in Ammar's spot on the couch and loves all over his stuff. I caught him speaking Arabic to the cats and looking out the windows with them, petting them, and giving them some treats. Yep. Now to convince him that they are moving to Jordan. I don't think it will be a hard sell at this point. I asked him if he would eat them the other day, when I was talking about starving and he said "No! that's like eating your friend!" So we're more than halfway there! Cause I'm not leaving them behind!

Oh, that is good. I had told my husband that the cat comes with me wherever I live. He is dealing with it, but at this point he has only seen her on camera.

As for eating a cat, he can't, muslims can't eat any animals that eat meat. I always reassure myself with this when my husband threatens my cat because he is jealous she gets to sleep with me, lol.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

You two sure changed gears in a hurry. From angry posts about the rights of polygamy to marrying cute cats... :blink::lol:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Timeline
You two sure changed gears in a hurry. From angry posts about the rights of polygamy to marrying cute cats... :blink::lol:

I couldn't help myself :P

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Oh, that is good. I had told my husband that the cat comes with me wherever I live. He is dealing with it, but at this point he has only seen her on camera.

As for eating a cat, he can't, muslims can't eat any animals that eat meat. I always reassure myself with this when my husband threatens my cat because he is jealous she gets to sleep with me, lol.

I can't because Biblical law forbids it for any reason. He CAN as far as I understood it because if he's starving, the halal rules are lifted in case of emergency. That's why I had this whole starvation scenario for him invoking preservation of life.

Yeah, they can be really non-chalant about it when they don't have to live with them.. then it kind of can get to a head or not, depending on their personal preferences coupled with their learned attitudes... but.. I've heard lots of good stories about men adjusting to cats.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

LOL! I wasn't actually angry which may be why? I don't know. I was just trying to explain that I don't see extramarital affairs as being acceptable-- like you go home on Christmas break and talk about who grandma is sleeping with and how many girls your dad has boinked at the office in front of the family and their respective spouses.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

eating cats is forbidden. mags said so!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Now I am more curious about this progressive Islam Noura spoke about. So there is a form of Islam that is progressive and doesn't accept some of these things and not all Muslims have to? What does it mean to you? They studied it with scholars and have a better understanding?

Try starting with this website http://www.progressivemuslims.org/

or this one http://www.mpvusa.org/

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Allah says in the Quran that a man can lightly hit his wife if she's unruly and he's tried everything else to bring her to the correct way and failed but even that "hitting" has to be lightly and with something no bigger than a siwak if you know what that is.... it doesn't hurt! And then it can only be done if it would actually help her to realize what she's doing is bad.... if not he'd be better to just divorce her and leave her to her evil ways. The prophet sal allahu alayhi wa salaam discouraged men from hitting their wives many times. I can assure you that my ex-non-muslim-husband had absolutely nothing preventing him from beating me regularly.... and when he beat me it was a true "beating" and not a little slap on the wrist.

Depends on how you interept the Arabic. Many English translations have used the word beat, some do not. My understanding of the Arabic is that it means neither beat nor hit.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Speaking of corrupted muslim countries..... why do you suppose they are so corrupted today? Because of American influence..... they see our movies and TV shows and want to follow the American dream of being as trashy as you can possibly be n'autho billah!

But with all this, Islam is bad because it allows more than one wife! Pfft! Whatever.

I will agree totally that the US and the West in general have played a hand in the corruption of many Muslim countries, but they have been committing immoral acts long before there was a United States. who do you blame for that?

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Interesting that the Bible was brought up.

2 Cor. 11:3-4: 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may

somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and

preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
Interesting that the Bible was brought up.

2 Cor. 11:3-4: 3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may

somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 4 For if someone comes to you and

preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus we preached, or if you receive a different spirit from the one you received, or a different gospel from the one you accepted, you put up with it easily enough.

You know that is going to start a fight Nagi. I'm just sad I have to now and might miss it :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.