S and S

Its Caturday MENA!

305 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
why does photobucket suck? i edit my pics to TINY and they are still effin huge

what is the file extention on the pics? .jpg? .bmp? .gif?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
they are JPG and now i see my pic is itsy bitsy...so someone downsized it..waaay too small..hmm what to do

what size are you taking them down to? usually i take them to 1024x768

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
not sure the option on photobucket just said tiny...and when it downsized, it looked A-OK to me, then when i posted the image code it was ginormous

i usually resize mine prior to uploading them to photobucket. while you may want it to be tiny, that feature may not be working too well on photobucket. my thoughts - resize the pice to a size you'd like (size i suggested above is a good option) and then upload it to photobucket again to replace that one existing file.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
happy saturday all...the beach was well needed, zaid loved it!!

I am extremely burnt, i can hardly move...ohh the joys of irish skin\

eta..nawal, i wanna come to whereever it is you live and steal nour and zain, I always show sofyan their pics on myspace ..their gettin soo big

Kelly, you're so cute! I swear Hazem was just looking at pics of Zaid on myspace before too. I am always showing him pics and say how much he and Zain are similar in their expressions and size! LOL :D Wish we were closer! Arizona is a bit to far for a play date! LOL BTW--I am still burning some more DVD's...I posted before that I will add TITO as well...its a good movie about 4 years old (not sure) with English subtitles...I loved it and cried...I'm a dork! :devil:

Filed: Timeline
Ya I

I wonder why you'd marry someone who follows a religion you hate? Oh well.... Que Sera, Sera!! :star:

I wanted to correct that too! There's so many times I want to correct typos/misspellings that I see on here (cuz I'm ####### abt that stuff when it happens repeatedly).

Good question..........

Does that help answer the question. Do you muslimias seriously believe I hate Islam because I question it? And why doesn't anyone answer those questions for me about the several wives & beating wives acceptance? Everytime I bring it up it becomes a moot point on here. What I don't understand is how someone who isn't raised that way comes to accept those beliefs?

Olivia (F) I'm around to chat with you anytime. PM me if you'd like...:) I can offer you a lot of experiences I have had with having a split family of Christians/Muslims and growing up this way. :star:

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
Ya I

I wonder why you'd marry someone who follows a religion you hate? Oh well.... Que Sera, Sera!! :star:

I wanted to correct that too! There's so many times I want to correct typos/misspellings that I see on here (cuz I'm ####### abt that stuff when it happens repeatedly).

Good question..........

Does that help answer the question. Do you muslimias seriously believe I hate Islam because I question it? And why doesn't anyone answer those questions for me about the several wives & beating wives acceptance? Everytime I bring it up it becomes a moot point on here. What I don't understand is how someone who isn't raised that way comes to accept those beliefs?

You don't understand about men being allowed more than one wife because you live in america and have been told your whole life that it's bad and wrong when it's not. If you're christian you should know that prophets and other important ppl in the bible had multiple wives so I don't see what the big issue is or why American women make such a huge deal about it. I understand we're jealous.... I am too but it's taken to whole new levels with American women threatening divorce and other such punishments if a man does something Allah has allowed him to do. I'd much rather my husband have another wife than to have an affair but in America affairs are widely accepted while having more than one wife is illegal.... it's a crappy culture that prefers men to have affairs instead of marrying the other woman.

As far as "wife-beating" it's not allowed. Americans love to over exaggerate things and make them seem worse than they are.... this is NO different. Allah says in the Quran that a man can lightly hit his wife if she's unruly and he's tried everything else to bring her to the correct way and failed but even that "hitting" has to be lightly and with something no bigger than a siwak if you know what that is.... it doesn't hurt! And then it can only be done if it would actually help her to realize what she's doing is bad.... if not he'd be better to just divorce her and leave her to her evil ways. The prophet sal allahu alayhi wa salaam discouraged men from hitting their wives many times. I can assure you that my ex-non-muslim-husband had absolutely nothing preventing him from beating me regularly.... and when he beat me it was a true "beating" and not a little slap on the wrist.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Ya I

Good question..........

You don't understand about men being allowed more than one wife because you live in america and have been told your whole life that it's bad and wrong when it's not. If you're christian you should know that prophets and other important ppl in the bible had multiple wives so I don't see what the big issue is or why American women make such a huge deal about it. I understand we're jealous.... I am too but it's taken to whole new levels with American women threatening divorce and other such punishments if a man does something Allah has allowed him to do. I'd much rather my husband have another wife than to have an affair but in America affairs are widely accepted while having more than one wife is illegal.... it's a crappy culture that prefers men to have affairs instead of marrying the other woman.

As far as "wife-beating" it's not allowed. Americans love to over exaggerate things and make them seem worse than they are.... this is NO different. Allah says in the Quran that a man can lightly hit his wife if she's unruly and he's tried everything else to bring her to the correct way and failed but even that "hitting" has to be lightly and with something no bigger than a siwak if you know what that is.... it doesn't hurt! And then it can only be done if it would actually help her to realize what she's doing is bad.... if not he'd be better to just divorce her and leave her to her evil ways. The prophet sal allahu alayhi wa salaam discouraged men from hitting their wives many times. I can assure you that my ex-non-muslim-husband had absolutely nothing preventing him from beating me regularly.... and when he beat me it was a true "beating" and not a little slap on the wrist.

Alhamdulillah, please be patient with her. She is not muslim and doesn't understand the differences in religion or culture. Wouldn't it be better to explain Islamic practices in a nice manner where it makes her feel more encouraged to study Islam than to brow beat her. Sure these would have been good questions to ask before she married a muslim, but it is too late for that now. We should support her and encourage her to learn why things are done in Islam they way they are. The prophet (peace be upon him) never spoke harshly to people trying to understand Islam, even if they spoke harshly to him. Please think of the ways of the prophet (peace be upon him) as an example of how to help others in understanding.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline
Ya I

Good question..........

Alhamdulillah, please be patient with her. She is not muslim and doesn't understand the differences in religion or culture. Wouldn't it be better to explain Islamic practices in a nice manner where it makes her feel more encouraged to study Islam than to brow beat her. Sure these would have been good questions to ask before she married a muslim, but it is too late for that now. We should support her and encourage her to learn why things are done in Islam they way they are. The prophet (peace be upon him) never spoke harshly to people trying to understand Islam, even if they spoke harshly to him. Please think of the ways of the prophet (peace be upon him) as an example of how to help others in understanding.

I get tired of seeing my religion dragged thru the mud on this forum. :) It's old.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
Ya I

Good question..........

I get tired of seeing my religion dragged thru the mud on this forum. :) It's old.

I know and I understand that being in a family full of Christians who don't understand. My work environment isn't welcome to muslims either. Mostly though, I try to set a good example and explain parts of Islam that can help people and be useful to them. There have been several times I have talked to people that they actually asked me for a Quran so they might study it because I was patient even during their criticism. I thank God that when I chose to learn about Islam and had things that I didn't like, someone took the time to explain them in a good way for me so that I was encouraged to continue my studies. Without those people, who knows if I would have chosen to revert.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

ok, what's a "siwak" :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
Ya I

Good question..........

I know and I understand that being in a family full of Christians who don't understand. My work environment isn't welcome to muslims either. Mostly though, I try to set a good example and explain parts of Islam that can help people and be useful to them. There have been several times I have talked to people that they actually asked me for a Quran so they might study it because I was patient even during their criticism. I thank God that when I chose to learn about Islam and had things that I didn't like, someone took the time to explain them in a good way for me so that I was encouraged to continue my studies. Without those people, who knows if I would have chosen to revert.

I didn't reply to a comment asking why these things were allowed at first.... I replied to a comment that she didn't want to raise her kids in Islam because it's a bad religion since it allows these two things she mentioned. It's one thing when someone asks questions because they want to learn or understand.... it's another thing when women are forever bitching and moaning about how horrible Islam is because of all these rulings that they don't understand.

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

VP's Blog

Timeline
ok, what's a "siwak" :huh:

miswak.jpg

It's a small stick we use to clean our mouths.

so basically, the husband can swat his wife with a toothbrush? :huh:

that's not gonna hurt - unless he's got bad breath.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.