Jenn!

ATTENTION: TSC and NSC no longer processing I-751

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I thought it might be a good idea to post this memo here. Maybe some will check this thread before sending their petition and avoid the delay of being transferred from NSC to CSC or from TSC to VSC.

You may send your petition directly to the appropriate service center as detailed in the following USCIS memo (dated 5/23/08):

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will soon be revising the filing instructions for the Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (Form I-751) to require filing at the California or Vermont Service Centers, where all Forms I-751 are currently adjudicated. The adjudication functions for these petitions have already been assigned to these locations in anticipation of this change. Therefore, all petitioners filing a Form I-751 are requested to file the petition with the California or Vermont Service Centers, depending on the state in which they reside.

Form I-751 is used by individuals who were granted conditional residential status through marriage to a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident and who desire to petition USCIS to remove the conditions on their residence.

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their Form I-751 with the California Service Center (CSC): Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, California, Colorado, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. The mailing address for CSC is:

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, California 92607-0751

Petitioners who live in the following states or territories should file their form I-751 with the Vermont Service Center (VSC): Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Washington, D.C., Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. The mailing address for VSC is:

USCIS Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden St.

St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001

Petitions filed with the Nebraska or Texas Service Centers after this announcement but prior to a change in the form instructions will be forwarded to the California or Vermont Service Centers, respectively, without any need for action by the petitioner. However, there could be a slight delay in the adjudication of the petition as a result of the transfer; so, petitioners are encouraged to file directly with the appropriate service center as outlined above. If a petitioner receives a receipt notice from the Nebraska or Texas Service Center, his or her case will be transferred to the California or Vermont Service Center for adjudication. The petitioner should receive a notice advising him or her that the case has been transferred.

Edited by Jenn!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
I thought it might be a good idea to post this memo here. Maybe some will check this thread before sending their petition and avoid the delay of being transferred from NSC to CSC or from TSC to VSC.

I think it's important enough to warrant its own pinned thread. There are still plenty of people who are just blindly sending petitions to TSC and NSC.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

FOR

NEW FILERS

READ THE MEMO

POSTED ABOVE!!!

Failure to do so will result

in a delay in processing!

Meh

• 3 weeks later...

Long time no post........

Anyway I saw this follow up notice regarding transfers:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

USCIS Clarifies Language in Form I-751 Transfer Notices Sent to Petitioners

Current Notice May Be Interpreted as USCIS Granting Approval for Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today it will revise language in transfer notices received by petitioners who filed a Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence. The current notice includes language that may cause petitioners to believe their cases have been approved.

USCIS announced last month that it is revising filing instructions for Form I-751 to require filing at the California or Vermont Service Centers. Until the form instructions are revised, any petitions filed with the Nebraska and Texas Service Centers will be transferred to California and Vermont, respectively. When USCIS enters data at one service center and later transfers the case to another, a Transfer Notice is sent to the petitioner advising him or her that the case has been transferred for adjudication and that they will be notified of the final decision.

The current transfer notice currently contains the following phrase: “CRI89 approved removal of conditions (I89).” That statement means that the biometric portion of the case has been successfully transferred; it does not, however, mean that the petition itself was approved.

While USCIS is in the process of changing the language in the transfer notice, a substantial number of notices have already been mailed containing the potentially confusing statement. Any petitioner who may have received such a notice should be aware of the following:

At the time the I-751 was transferred, USCIS had not yet adjudicated (approved or denied) the case;

USCIS transferred the case to the Service Center listed on the notice for adjudication; and

If the petitioner has not received additional information from the California or Vermont Service Centers, USCIS has not yet adjudicated the case.

Petitioners who have a specific question related to their I-751 petition should contact the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 for more information.

I'm just about to start this whole process myself, so glad I came back here or i'd have filed with Texas!

Staphros.

Edited by staphros

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you, guys. I was looking for this very thing today.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hmmm... too bad this change still wasn't made in the instructions. I sent my wife's I-751 off to Texas last week and was wondering why they hadn't cashed the check yet...

I-129F (K-1 Fiancee Visa)

11/29/05 sent I-129F

12/07/05 rec'd NOA1

03/06/06 rec'd NOA2

03/21/06 NVC case# assigned

03/22/06 case left NVC for Bogota

03/24/06 package rec'd in Bogota

03/28/06 packet 3 mailed from embassy

04/12/06 called embassy and requested to re-send packet 3

04/18/06 faxed and mailed packet 3

04/21/06 rec'd BOTH packet 3's...

05/01/06 rec'd packet 4

05/24/06 interview - APROBADO!!

06/03/06 flew to Barranquilla

06/05/06 back in the States with my novia

09/01/06 MARRIED!!

I-485 (AOS) / I-765 (EAD)

09/19/06 sent I-485 and I-765

09/29/06 rec'd NOA for I-485 and I-765

10/10/06 AOS transferred to CSC

10/20/06 biometrics appt.

10/26/06 I-485 APPROVED, welcome letter sent!

10/30/06 welcome letter rec'd in the mail

11/02/06 REC'D GREEN CARD!

I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

07/30/08 sent I-751

08/15/08 rec'd NOA from VSC

09/10/08 biometrics appt.

this is interesting about the CSC

thx for the post JENN

wow... the instructions on the form i751 still say ppl living in ..... states mail to NSC....

Hmmm... too bad this change still wasn't made in the instructions. I sent my wife's I-751 off to Texas last week and was wondering why they hadn't cashed the check yet...
Edited by stan K

March 11- mailed out AOS to chicago

March 31- I-485 touched.

April 3- got letter in mail saying Initial interview on May 15.

interview came way too fast..

approved 2 yr card on july 2007

Feb10 - mailed out I-751 to CSC

Feb20 - did biometrics

waiting waiting waiting for the 10 year card......................................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thanks for the information. What if we already filed to CA 3 months ago? Will it be delay too?

You should be fine. CSC is processing much faster than VSC.

K-1 Timeline

02.02.2005: Sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

08.08.2005: Successful interview; visa received at 4pm

08.10.2005: Trip to US (Newark Int'l Airport is POE)

AOS Timeline

08.26.2005: Married in State College, Pennsylvania

11.14.2005: AOS and EAD applications received at USCIS

03.10.2006: EAD received (114 days since submission)

06.17.2006: Green card received (241 since submission)

Removal of Conditions Timeline

05.28.2008: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

06.04.2008: NOA1 received

07.05.2008: Biometrics completed in Houston

03.27.2009: Ten year green card approved

Naturalization Timeline

11.09.2009: N-400 package mailed to Lewisville, TX

12.18.2009: Biometrics done in Houston

03.01.2010: Passed interview

04.07.2010: Oath ceremony

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

YAY! Um... Wait a minute, unYay... now that would meen that VSC will take on more work when they are already a year behind in processing these things??? Mine was filed in Feb '08 and they are just now processing Oct '07!!!

This sucks.

James & Shiloh - Newark, NJ

Married on July 9, 2005

No difficulties with any steps in the middle to note...

---------- Removal of Conditions Timeline ----------

DEC 10 07 - Paperwork Mailed to Vermont

DEC 31 07 - NOA Received

JAN 02 08 - USCIS Website acknowledged receipt date.

OCT 27 08 - Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence Decision Date: Oct 25, 2008

Thanks Jenn for this info (F)

04-14-06 - engaged

04-28-06 - I129f to TSC

05-09-06 - noa1 from CSC

09-29-06 - this case has been APPROVED on 09-28-06 (yessss thank you Dear God)

10-02-06 - got the NOA2 (snail mail)

10-18-06 - email from NVC gave us the case #MNL2006789xxx

10-21-06 - got the NVC letter (snail mail)

10-25-06 - mnl rec'd the case

12-29-06 - got my packet 4

01-25 & 26-07 - medical

02-16-07 - interview APPROVED!!! (Thank you Dear God)

02/23/07 - visa on hand (Thanks God)

03-01-07 - in my honey's arms (Thanks God)

03-09-07 - applied SSN

03-14-07 - got married

03-27-07 - got my SSN Card

05-04-07 - TD shot

AOS

05-26-07 - mailed AOS

05-28-07 - delivered on May 28, 2007 at 8:01 PM in CHICAGO, IL

06-01-07 - NOA1

06-19-07 - RFE (page 3 of form I-864)

06-26-07 - Biometrics

07-03-07 - touch (they got my RFE)

07-18-07 - case transferred to CSC

07-23-07 - application received at CSC

07/31/07 - card production ordered & welcome letter

08/06/07 - got my GC... yepeeeey (67 days from NOA1)

I-751 Removal of Condition

05-15-09 - mailed (VSC)

05-16-09 - delivered @ 12:07pm per usps website

05-20-09 - check cashed

05-28-09 - got my NOA/Extension letter (dated 05-18-09)

06-03-09 - got my Biometric schedule (on 06-17-09)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.