ruryan

Unique request?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

OK so I am living in Ukraine and I plan on staying here but I have to go back to the states to do a class.

Now I have a girlfriend who I and my entire family is in love with. We have no intention of marrying each other but it seems the only way I can bring her with me is a K1.

Well they just updated their processing time to Jan 18, 2009. Not acceptable.

So I have 2 questions:

1) since I have spent most of my time this year in Ukraine - can I qualify for the non UCIS stuff for a K1? I have business visa here and registration here.

2) since my family and I own several businesses - apparantly if its a H1B we can get an expidite. Would this work for us? Maybe a simple business inventation letter would work?

Please advise.

I must leave Sep 26 and I want her to come with me! Is it possible?

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
We have no intention of marrying each other but it seems the only way I can bring her with me is a K1.

Filing for a K1 considering with what you said above constitutes fraud. And if you plan on going back to the Ukraine, come to the US, do the class, then return to your girlfriend and the Ukraine.

Good luck!

Edited by Happy Bunny

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
We have no intention of marrying each other but it seems the only way I can bring her with me is a K1.

Filing for a K1 considering with what you said above constitutes fraud. And if you plan on going back to the Ukraine, come to the US, do the class, then return to your girlfriend and the Ukraine.

Good luck!

ok well... maybe its "fraud" but I dont see it that way. they really dont leave us any other option?????

I smell something fishy.

Edited by eric&gen

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good luck!

ok well... maybe its "fraud" but I dont see it that way. they really dont leave us any other option?????

If you do file for a K-1 you have to get married within 90 days of her arrival into the USA. If you don't she has to leave and return to the Ukraine.

Filed: Other Timeline

If you use a visa for a purpose othen than what it was intended it's visa fraud. Period. I'm not really understanding the argument, "they don't leave us with any other option."

November 18, 2005 - Visa in hand! (Day 184)

December 19th - Vipul arrives in US

March 22, 2006 - Applied for AOS, EAD, and AP

June 6, 2006 - AP approved

June 9, 2006 - EAD approved

Feb. 5, 2007 - Becomes permanent resident

Dec. 9, 2008 - Filed I-751 to remove conditions

February 2009 - Conditions Removed - Next step Naturalization

November 19, 2009 - Filed for Naturalization!

dsc01090fw8.th.jpg

B2zLm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

K1 is not appropriate as the others have said; you also cannot do K1 the quicker DCF way, only spousal visas.

If your girlfriend has the appropriate skills, then a work visa is an option- another option is a B1 visitirs visa (she'd need to have strong ties to the Ukraine, such as owning a house, going to college etc).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
If you do a K1 and you two do not get married, it indeed will be considered fraud and u will screw up chances of your gf to ever get another visa. Expedite or no expedite, there is no way you will be able to get H1B this year. The deadline for fiscal year beginning Oct. 2008 was April 1, and trust me, by now cap is filled up. The only feasable option I see, is applying for a tourist visa. If she will be able to show strong ties to Ukraine: real estate property, college or job with above-average Ukr. salary. Best of luck!

7829087.gif

07-22-2006 Met in Florida

09-02-2006 Been together ever since

12-09-2007 My visa expired, trip back home

01-16-2008 Dave visited me in Ukraine

04-22-2008 I-129F mailed out to Vermont

05-20-2008 I-129F returned

05-22-2008 Second attempt at filing I-129F

05-23-2008 Received by Mr. Novak

05-29-2008 NOA1 (6 days)

06-09-2008 Touched (Yay, violated for the 1st time)

07-02-2008 Touched again!!!

07-03-2008 Touched again!!!

08-29-2008 Dave's 2nd trip to Ukraine!

09-25-2008 NOA2 (126 days)

09-26-2008 Touched

09-??-2008 NVC Received

09-30-2008 NVC Left

10-02-2008 Noa2 hardcopy in the mail

10-03-2008 Embassy Received

11-05-2008 Medical

11-07-2008 Interview

11-14-2008 Visa Received

11-17-2008 Flight to Orlando :)

They are giving you an option.

As stated above, she can get a visitor visa to stay with you in the US for a short period; you can get married in Ukraine and then use a spouse visa for her to live with you in the US; she can get a work visa for the US; or you can get a fiance visa for the US. They're not really giving her an option to stay with you long-term as a "girlfriend" but that's the joy of family-based immigration.

When I first started out on this journey, I wasn't certain that I wanted to get married because I was only 16 at the time. I waited for years until I knew that I wanted to be with my fiancee so much that I would give our future the chance, so we decided to apply.

DO NOT apply for the K1 if you have no intentions of being married. That is considered fraud.

Also, she cannot marry you while in the US as a visitor if you two decide you DO want to get married either. That is also fraud as you have the intention beforehand.

Good luck.

Yep, I agree with all of the above. It is fraud.

If you guys don't want to get married, then don't get married just for a visa. That's stupid (and illegal) and it's people who do that who make the lives difficult of people who really want to be share the rest of their lives together.

Everyone else has given you several options - go with one of those.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Good luck!

Sorry but it's now time to think and behave like an honest adult. Of course there's another option. She stays in Ukraine and you don't get what you want.

It takes three hours to drive from my home to Seattle. If I only allow 2.5 hours for the trip, speed and get pulled over, should I tell the officer I don't see it as speeding because the State didn't leave me any choice?

There comes a time in life when most people realize that the almighty "I want" is not so almighty as they might have thought. You have an opportunity for now to be that time.

Welcome to our world, the world of loving a foreigner.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Welcome to US immigration. ;)

When you file your petition for your alien fiance, you both include an original letter of intent stating you are going to marry within 90 days of entry. If she comes over on the K1 visa she receives her I-94 (arrival record) with a validity of 90 days. If you do not marry and she does not go home within that time, she is overstaying her visa and is subject to a ban to the US that must then be overcome with waivers.

If you misrepresent yourself or your intentions to the US government you are commiting fraud and subjecting yourself, and your g/f, to much bigger problems in the future.

We're not trying to rain on your parade here. It's just the way it is. Many of us have been separated for months, or even years, because of all the red tape.

If you find yourself ready to commit to marriage and it's a viable option at the Consulate you are dealing with, DCF is going to be your best option.

timeline.jpg

Good luck!

Sorry but it's now time to think and behave like an honest adult. Of course there's another option. She stays in Ukraine and you don't get what you want.

It takes three hours to drive from my home to Seattle. If I only allow 2.5 hours for the trip, speed and get pulled over, should I tell the officer I don't see it as speeding because the State didn't leave me any choice?

There comes a time in life when most people realize that the almighty "I want" is not so almighty as they might have thought. You have an opportunity for now to be that time.

QFT.

and as an aside...I love how fraud is in quotes, lol.

In any case, it takes patience. Unless she gets a tourist visa, it is very very unlikely she will be able to come with you at then end of September.

If you are not sure if you guys want to get married, wait it out. a good relationship gets stronger with some distance and will make you understand if youre ready to get married or not.

good luck, and dont fraud the system: it makes it worse for the rest of us.

Good luck!

Very well put Pushbrk!

I don't think the OP has properly thought this through at all.

Nor does he seem to realise the severity of the repercussions that could follow if USCIS decide that he is making a fraudulent application.

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2008-03-25

NOA Date : 2008-04-04

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-04-24

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-06-13

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-06-13

Approved : Yes

Welcome Letter Received: 2008-06-21

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2008-06-26

Comments :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.