Don E

How can it take so long?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My petition was approved at the CSC on July 9, and the NVC still says that they haven't received it. I know that others who have had K-1 petitions approved on the same date and later dates (at the CSC) have already had those petitions received and sent on by the NVC. I've also read where others have waited (and still are waiting) for two months or more for the approved petition to get from the CSC to the NVC. What possible reason can there be? After the petition is approved, all they do is send it out.....right? By the way, do they use USPS or a private courier?

Can anyone explain to me how there can be such an outrageous delay between NOA2 and receipt by the NVC?

While I find it totally unacceptable for the long wait to have a petition adjudicated, I can at least understand why this is occurring. But, for the life of me, I can't understand why it should take more than a week for ANY approved petition to be received by the NVC. Do some files fall under a table in the CSC mailroom and not get discovered there until several weeks later? :wacko: Can anyone here enlighten me?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

It can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks but usually it arrives 1 week from the approval from USCIS. Good luck

USCIS Journey

03/15/08 Sent I-130

03/17/08 I-130 received (USPS) (Priority Date)

06/28/08 Received NOA2 hardcopy: NO RFE FROM USCIS:101 days

NVC Journey

07/01/08 NVC case# assigned

08/14/08 CASE COMPLETE: NO RFE FROM NVC:44 days

09/15/08 Interview date assigned

Embassy Journey

10/01/08 Case at embassy

10/08/08 Document verification and got interviewed (Approved)

10/09/08 Pick up visa (original interview date)

10/18/08 P.O.E ~ Seattle

Removing Conditions

07/23/2010 Mail off I-751(USCIS received on 07/26 via usps)

07/26/2010 NOA1 date (notice received 8/2/2010)

07/28/2010 Check cashed

08/20/2010 Biometrics appt.(notice received 8/7/2010)

08/20,21,23 touched

10/22/2010 Approved NO RFE(2 months and 3 weeks from filing date)

Citizenship

10/7/11 N-400 Submitted

10/13/11 NOA date

10/20/11 appt letter sent for biometrics

11/9/11 Biometrics appt

11/11/11 Email of interview scheduling received

11/14/11 Interview scheduled and mail sent

11/21/11 Interview letter received

12/19/11 Interview date

12/19/11 passed interview and oath Finally a citizen(2 months 1 week and 5 days from sending N-400)

1heyejjs23.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi Don E.

we are waiting since 6th June, we called uscis, then nvc many times, then the director , they want us wait a 2 more weeks then call again. i do not think our package get lost somewhere but i think they do not take cases in order , or they wait till they have a lot of cases from same country to send them all together insted if sending one by one . i 've also read that the K1 cases are not entered into the automated system so dont expect any answer from it , even from a live operator.just wait and if u do not get something in 2 month u better call either the director or make infopass in front of the uscis to check ur case by urself. Good luck .

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
hi Don E.

we are waiting since 6th June, we called uscis, then nvc many times, then the director , they want us wait a 2 more weeks then call again. i do not think our package get lost somewhere but i think they do not take cases in order , or they wait till they have a lot of cases from same country to send them all together insted if sending one by one . i 've also read that the K1 cases are not entered into the automated system so dont expect any answer from it , even from a live operator.just wait and if u do not get something in 2 month u better call either the director or make infopass in front of the uscis to check ur case by urself. Good luck .

Thanks for the reply. I really don't believe that the CSC segregates the petitions according to the nationality of the beneficiary before they send them to the NVC. There is no good reason for them to do that. To the CSC, an approved K-1 petition from one country is just like one from any other country. The NVC sorts them out and sends them to the respective and appropriate embassies. By the way, I've been watching DHL shipments from the NVC to Moscow, and it seems there is a shipment just about every day. So, the NVC is sending out daily shipments. It's pretty obvious, by the other petitions from the CSC being received by the NVC, that the CSC makes daily shipments of approved K-1 petitions, and I just can't fathom why they would intentionally hang on to certain petitions longer than others. Why? I've not heard any reasonable explanations yet......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi There,

It took us almost a month to get to NVC... Hang in there :thumbs:

Nita

My petition was approved at the CSC on July 9, and the NVC still says that they haven't received it. I know that others who have had K-1 petitions approved on the same date and later dates (at the CSC) have already had those petitions received and sent on by the NVC. I've also read where others have waited (and still are waiting) for two months or more for the approved petition to get from the CSC to the NVC. What possible reason can there be? After the petition is approved, all they do is send it out.....right? By the way, do they use USPS or a private courier?

Can anyone explain to me how there can be such an outrageous delay between NOA2 and receipt by the NVC?

While I find it totally unacceptable for the long wait to have a petition adjudicated, I can at least understand why this is occurring. But, for the life of me, I can't understand why it should take more than a week for ANY approved petition to be received by the NVC. Do some files fall under a table in the CSC mailroom and not get discovered there until several weeks later? :wacko: Can anyone here enlighten me?

596696z2ypf41694.gif

I - 130

3.26.08 - NOA2 - APPROVAL IN 493 DAYS!!

NVC

7.22.08 - CASE COMPLETED IN 90 DAYS - THANK GOD!!

Embassy

9.29.08-Interview - AP (2 weeks)

10.15.08 - AP over :) Embassy called hubby to go get his Visa - HAPPIEST DAY!!!

10.20.08 - Visa Issued

11.25.08 - POE (JFK then SFO)

11.26.08 - Visa Journey is Over!! TOOK 737 DAYS....Habibi is Home!! :) :)

USA

11.25.08 - POE

12.10.08 - Applied for SS Card

12.15.08 - Welcome Letter Received

12.17.08 - SS Card Received

12.26.08 - Green Card Received :)

Begin Naturalization process 2011 ~ Inshallah

mybanner493ead35e2041shfr8.th.jpg

Did you speak directly to the NVC operator? It took take longer before it is entered into the automated phone answering system.

It could be that they receive the mail in a pile and somehow yours ended up at the bottom. I just spoke to an operator and found my NVC # even though it's not in the phone answering system. This is extremely fast for me given that it took one year for my I-130 to be approved!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's frustrating as we all know, and there usually aren't any 'good' or 'logical' or even 'reasonable' answers. Heck, sometimes VJers report that some document in the chain is never received (NOA1, NOA2, NVC, consul letter, etc).

Make the calls, hang in there, and everything will turn out ok. Usually. But that's what the calls are for!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Im in the same boat...I got my NOA2 on June 5th and still no NVC #....*cry*

AOS Timeline:

12/23/08 AOS Package Sent

12/26/08 Package Received at Chicago Lock-Box

01/05/09 Check Cashed

01/27/09 Biometrics

05/12/09 Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.