ShadMot

Sex Offender Applying for K1

134 posts in this topic

I can't believe some people will put their individual rights over the protection of children. If I were to draw any conclusion at all, it'd be that your brother had something to hide Maria, and I'd rather not have him anywhere near my children. Anyone unwilling to open up their past to scrutiny shouldn't be held with suspicion. I don't care what they claim their reasons are.

He apparently doesn't really want to look out for children as much as he said in the first place because if he really cared about kids, he'd be willing to do what was necessary to ensure their safety.

People are so ridiculously lame. Yeah, it is about suspicion of single men. Right. That's why it is applied across the board, regardless of gender.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I love how VJ posters are so supportive, patting each other on the back all the time saying "it's OK!" no matter what anyone writes.

But trying to help out molesters? Come the f*** on now...

Go listen to some free beats:

http://beatbasement.com/bb.htm

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Molesters? ####### apparently you haven't been reading the thread, if you have nothing good to add why jump on the thread? This about people who had consensual sex , or for other stupid reasons ended up on the sex offender list. (you can piss behind a bush and end up on the list) so don't hand me that garbage.

09-09-2008 Met my Fiance'

01-23-2009 Married My Fiance' in the Philippines

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Under U.S. law, the OP was convicted as a child molester. For whatever reasons, the government did not provide any relief for those in situations like his, i.e., consensual sex with an underage person. We might disagree with the law, but there it is. What happened that led to the OP's being arrested and charged? How did the police learn about it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I think that those of us educated to the process know that the Adam Walsh law still has a lot of bumps to be worked out and that not all of these cases are created equally. Proof of that is quite evident here in this thread. You might know that if you took the time to actually read through the thread.

I love how VJ posters are so supportive, patting each other on the back all the time saying "it's OK!" no matter what anyone writes.

But trying to help out molesters? Come the f*** on now...

timeline.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is what happened to me. I met a girl at a party, her boyfriend (who at the time was about 24 years old) had just broken up with her and she was crying. She was about 5'11 , and from puerto rico, her ex boyfriend cursed at her and left the party. She crying drinking a beer, i sat down beside her , introduced myself, we had a few beers, talked, exchanged phone #'s

A few days go by she calls me, i go to her house introduce myself to her parents (mom and step dad) i tell them my name and how old i am , her step father says " isn't he still just a little old for you?" and she responds " he is way younger than my last boyfriend " and takes me to her room, at that point i ask " how old are you?" she responds saying she is 17 at the time i was 19, almost 20 (or maybe i was 18, almost 19, i honestly dont remember, i knew it was near my birthday) but anyways.

So for a while we see eachother , mostly its her inviting me over to her house, she would cook dinner , and watch her brother and sister, her mom was never there, and when she was there, she seemed a little "out of it" but that part comes in later into the story.

We dated about 6 months , probably had sex a total of 10 times between florida and alabama ( i live on the state line and so does she). Mostly i was always working , and she was always watching her brother/sister and we didn't have sex at her house with them around, our relationship was not all about sex.

One day she gets a friend to take her to my house and drops her off, (i was living with my mom who had met her several times) my mom left for work, and we ended up having sex in my bed room. Later that day her friend came over to pick her up and parked in my yard. (here is where the story gets crazy)

Her ex boy friend (the 24 year old guy) rides by my house sees her with her friend and me talking outside, and takes off really quick down the road. She leaves and goes home, and some hours later the police show up at my house, explaining that i was under arrest for having sex with a minor, i had no idea what was going on

While in jail waiting for trial, she wrote a letter and explained that her ex boyfriend had been selling her mother drugs, and once he found out she was seeing me, he quit selling them to her , until she "did something about me" when she got home that day, the police were at her house, and took her to the doctor for a "rape kit" to check for dna, or something like that

So i get to trial , she stands up in court and says " i had sex with him, its something i wanted to do, no one forced me, i did it on my own" thinking that it would make it ok , she didn't know it was against a "state" law and she had no say so

My lawyer says to me that we could fight and win, but if we lost, they would give me the max sentence, but if i take a plea bargin, i could go to bootcamp for 3 months (adult boot camp) , and 3 years probation and serve no jail time. He tells me i should not risk it, and i should take this option (not being told i would have to register as a sex offender)

I almost complete bootcamp when i am arrested and sent to florida, (i had no idea why)

Apparently she had wrote a letter to friends about how we had sex in alabama and in florida, so i get charged in florida with the same thing (alabama its RAPE II, in florida its "LEWD AND LECIVIOUS ACTS with someone under 16)

When time to set bail (after a few days) i explain to the judge what happened, she actually gave me a bail and i went home , a few days later i call my probation officer and explain i made bail, he become furious and says i have to return to jail in alabama until they send out "sex offender " noctices and i can't go home. (the bail was a waste) So i return to jail 30 more days

I get out go to trial in florida, i explain what happened, she isn't at this trial or anything. Its the state vs me, they tell me they will give me the same deal i got in alabama and run my probation "concurrent" which was fine, except im now a sex offender in florida as well

The girl ran away from home to california , she met a guy ( he was about 18 ) got preg and had a baby, married, and they have a home /life etc (this was many years ago)

So here i am , and thats the story , i can't afford a good lawyer to fight both cases again, the last i spoke with her (even though im not supposed to) she said she would tell the court anything needed to help me.

And thats the long story

09-09-2008 Met my Fiance'

01-23-2009 Married My Fiance' in the Philippines

Filed: Timeline
Under U.S. law, the OP was convicted as a child molester. For whatever reasons, the government did not provide any relief for those in situations like his, i.e., consensual sex with an underage person. We might disagree with the law, but there it is. What happened that led to the OP's being arrested and charged? How did the police learn about it?

Child molester?? Statutory rape and child molester are not the same thing. Neither in public perception nor in the law books. Child molesters don't get 6 month sentences. Of which I served 3 months.

Filed: Timeline
Molesters? ####### apparently you haven't been reading the thread, if you have nothing good to add why jump on the thread? This about people who had consensual sex , or for other stupid reasons ended up on the sex offender list. (you can piss behind a bush and end up on the list) so don't hand me that garbage.

Take Arnold Schwarzenegger for example. He pretty much admitted that when he was younger that he groped women all over the place. Fortunately for him, he never got charged and convicted for his actions. Had he been, he would be required to register as a sex offender for life. And all these anti-sex offender laws that he tries to pass now: the 2,000 feet away from schools, the GPS monitoring, pink license plates, special tagged driver's license, etc would apply to him and apply for the rest of his life. Sex offender registry orginally was brought up to register those that were deemed high risk sexual offenders. But now it is applied to ANY sex offense. Whether it's urinating in public, mooning someone, or what Arnie here did and make them register for life.

Here is a case of a bunch of 13 year olds playing "slap butts" and they were being charged with the potential to have to register for life as sex offenders.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2007/07/22/Tee...34711185144835/

Here is a 16 year old boy who was with a girl that lied and said she was 16 herself. Only to find out later that she was really 13 and now he has to register for life as a sex offender.

http://www.lacitybeat.com/cms/story/detail...?pagewanted=all

Here is a 13 year old girl that had sex with a 12 year old boyfriend, and now she is required to register for life as a sex offender. I don't think the general public realizes just how common cases like this is.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_4783650

20/20 did a special on how ridiculous some of these sex offender cases have gotten. For video clips of that episode click here:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/2020/AgeOfConsent/

Edited by ShadMot

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Child molester?? Statutory rape and child molester are not the same thing. Neither in public perception nor in the law books. Child molesters don't get 6 month sentences. Of which I served 3 months.

You were lucky in both states. Learn to keep it zipped up.

Filed: Country: Latvia
Timeline

I've been reading through this thread and have found that there are many who are being persecuted long after their time has been served. And many more who have no business having to do time to begin with. I agree that we need to keep our children safe and secure. But I don't agree that we should trade our liberty for security. We'll end up with neither. Punishing "all" to the maximum extent possible under a system that puts the burden of proof on the accused is senseless. This is the only kind of crime where the burden of proof is on the accused. No one should be guilty until proven innocent.

Our society today is more like a mob, than an enlightened and advanced people. Easily led by the nose to whatever is the most popular position being discussed or voted upon. This is the 2nd fall of Rome, and it shall get much worse before the end. I will be blasted for such remarks I'm sure, for the truth can be bitter.

The type of anti sex offender laws being passed lately isn't so much popular with politicians as it is with the general public as a whole. This is the actual reason behind the politicians great interest in this area. You have to be re-elected to keep your job after all. This is not what our founding fathers envisioned for their new country when it was established. Even our constitution states than no man (or woman) shall be punished for the same crime twice. These new laws are doing just that to people who have already been sentenced. People from that era were far more intellectual than they seem to be today. But this is only my opinion. I'll end this with a fitting quote from one of those founding fathers.

"The biggest danger to our rights today is not from governments acting against the will of the majority, but from government which has become the mere instrument of this majority. Think about it. That's where the abuse of power comes from. Not the tyranny of the King, but the tyranny of the majority. Wrong will be done as much by an all powerful people, as by an all powerful Prince."

James Madison

Edited by madd

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

hello again,

i Posted a while ago something about my case ,as i sayed i came back to write the news so my situations applied september 2007 i applyed for K1,my fiance having a criminal record,he was over 20 and had sex with a minor under leegal age for sex,so every time we called since february this year they sayed we are still under the time of waiting,in May this year we called again and they sayed to wait,few days after a nottice came in our email saying to call within 6 months,(first week in December)....time passed and we called again last week ...and of course they didnt do anything ,or The Supposed Backround check who last since 1 year and 3 months ago,they sayed "We don t have any answer for u now,ur options are to wait till the end of Januray in case will not have an answer by than we asck u to send again a request and in 6 months u lll have an answer"....it seems they told us to do what we did in may...make other request of checking our petition and wiat withing 6 months to get an answer.

I dont know what to say more this wiating is awfull but the one in our problem do something else not appply for k1 visa if u have criminal record...we payed a lot of money to a lawyer to make our papers and is her fault cause she was not aware of the Adam Wals Act law to advice us to try other visa so no help from her part...and we payed her 2500$ she also wanted to be more payed even if we did not got any answer .Just take care with what lawyers u choose if u have problems!!!We found about Law on inetrnet not from her so u get betetr documentation from here ascking people.

If anyone know anythingg about a solution pls to send me a messege even from what i saw the only thing is just to wait but how long??They just dont have idea themselves...i think they wait people to quit and breack up before they do something,this law is difficult and they dont have answer to do anything about petitions affecetd by Adam Walsh Act,....normally they should asck one moment evidences about how the one with criminals records arrive dto be after time passed....i dont know anything more i hope my post will help people in sam esituation to not do the same mistake!!

take care

Rachel

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
hello again,

i Posted a while ago something about my case ,as i sayed i came back to write the news so my situations applied september 2007 i applyed for K1,my fiance having a criminal record,he was over 20 and had sex with a minor under leegal age for sex,so every time we called since february this year they sayed we are still under the time of waiting,in May this year we called again and they sayed to wait,few days after a nottice came in our email saying to call within 6 months,(first week in December)....time passed and we called again last week ...and of course they didnt do anything ,or The Supposed Backround check who last since 1 year and 3 months ago,they sayed "We don t have any answer for u now,ur options are to wait till the end of Januray in case will not have an answer by than we asck u to send again a request and in 6 months u lll have an answer"....it seems they told us to do what we did in may...make other request of checking our petition and wiat withing 6 months to get an answer.

I dont know what to say more this wiating is awfull but the one in our problem do something else not appply for k1 visa if u have criminal record...we payed a lot of money to a lawyer to make our papers and is her fault cause she was not aware of the Adam Wals Act law to advice us to try other visa so no help from her part...and we payed her 2500$ she also wanted to be more payed even if we did not got any answer .Just take care with what lawyers u choose if u have problems!!!We found about Law on inetrnet not from her so u get betetr documentation from here ascking people.

If anyone know anythingg about a solution pls to send me a messege even from what i saw the only thing is just to wait but how long??They just dont have idea themselves...i think they wait people to quit and breack up before they do something,this law is difficult and they dont have answer to do anything about petitions affecetd by Adam Walsh Act,....normally they should asck one moment evidences about how the one with criminals records arrive dto be after time passed....i dont know anything more i hope my post will help people in sam esituation to not do the same mistake!!

take care

Rachel

Have you contacted your local congressman or senator. They can contact USCIS on your behalf and get to the bottom of this for you. As to where exactly your case is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It would be interesting to hear or read something from someone who has actually gone through this process. Those who have an opinion or an educated guess is interesting but really not worth the posting.

T.

It would be interesting to hear or read something from someone who has actually gone through this process. Those who have an opinion or an educated guess is interesting but really not worth the posting.

T.

Unfortunately, at this point in time, no one has successfully gone through this process, so it can't be reported. There are a few here on this thread who have made application, however no one has heard anything about their process at this time. There is one other thread that might have information you might find useful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=143203

If you are going through this process, or know of a successful case, please post it so that others may benefit from it.

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.