robertjay

April 08 CSC filers

610 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I PASSED! I'VE BEEN APPROVED!!! OMG!!!!!!

Now I just need to call the clinic at Gleneagles and tell them to send the medical, because the embassy didn't get it #######. Why are people always screwing up on me lol. Anyway, I'm too happy to be mad at them.

This is my experience at the Embassy of The United States in Singapore. I got there an hour before my interview time (I arrived at 8am, interview was at 9am) and started queueing at the tent outside the entrance. You'll know what I mean when you see it. It was only five minutes before 9am did I realise that I was in the wrong queue! The queue was for typical travel and non-immigrant visas. Ours on the other hand, is an immigrant visa (like the lady at Counter 2 quite rudely told me so, when I had taken the wrong queue number), so I spoke to the security guard and he let me in.

A couple of things you have to note is, if you can, use a clear plastic bag, like the ones that the Duty Free Shop gives when you purchase stuff. Do NOT bring your mobile phone. If you do, no problem. They'll keep it aside until you come back out. I'm not sure who can enter, but I believe the person who is petitioning you can show up. I showed up alone, and I'm not sure of protocol, so don't quote me on that one.

Once you're in there, ask around and you'll see the room for (non)immigrant visas. Don't worry about your interview at this point; it's not going to be in a dark, stuffy, windowless room with a large table separating you from the interviewer. That was what I thought it was going to be like, hahaha. Go up to the queue machine and press the FIRST BUTTON. Do not press the rest, the first one is the one you want. If you press the last button you might get that grumpy lady at Counter 2 :P

Your number would be 00-something, so watch out for it, should be at Counter 7. Have your Consulate letter and passport ready, along with your DS-156 and 156K, and submit them to her, along with your cashier's check if you haven't already sent it in (which I stupidly did lol). She also asked for the original and a copy of my birth certificate, after which she certified that the copy is true. She hung on to those for a while, and after asking me a few questions, like were we ever married, did we ever have any children. Simple questions, and to the point. She also asked me for the two 2"x2" passport photographs of myself which I provided, the affidavit of support I-134 and I provided it along with letters from his bank and employer, and some copies of his paychecks. She then told me to take a seat (there was like sooooo many other people in the room lol) and said that my name will be called in a while.

So after a while, my name was called, and I spoke to this American lady, who asked for further evidence. I provided photographs and testimonials that Karl's friends and parents wrote, as well as a couple of phone bills stating that we have indeed been contacting each other. She looked over everything twice, stuck my photographs on to some forms, told me to raise my right hand, affirm/swear that all the information I had provided is accurate and true, and I just looked her in the eye, and said "Yes." Then she told me to go to the next counter, and congratulations.

Soooo... yeah! Settled everything at the next counter, and I'm collecting my passport the following Friday!

I'M SO HAPPY!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Don't lose hope, if there's anyone from April left... YOU CAN DO IT!!

Big hugs to everyone! :D

Congratulations! and... THANK YOU soooo much for posting your experience!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

2008-04-18: I-129F Sent

2008-04-28: I-129F NOA1

2008-05-14 Touched

2008-09-16 Touched

2008-09-17 Touched

2008-09-18 I-129F NOA2 (143 Days, CSC)

2008-09-24 Received NVC

2008-09-26 Left NVC

2008-10-02 Consulate Received

2008-10-06 Packet 3 Received

2008-10-26 Packet 3 Sent

2008-11-13 Interview Date at Consulate - Passed!

2008-11-28 Visa Received

2008-12-6 US Entry - POE Seattle

2008-12-24 Marriage!

2009-3-1 Sent AOS packet

2009-3-10 Received NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131

2009-8-6 AOS interview - Passed!

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys...just to say i got approved on 20th october for my visa, it came 2 days later and i flew to usa october 27th. I am now back with andrew and picking up my life where i left it. Been planning the remainder of the jan 10th wedding. We had most of it done ages ago but its just the little details eg cake, decorations. Anyways Good luck and thanks to every1 :thumbs::dance::star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline
Congratulations! and... THANK YOU soooo much for posting your experience!

It's mostly for your benefit ;)

The procedure might differ for a citizen of a different country, so be prepared. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello my April filing buddies ;) just checking in with everyone, reading all the progress reports!! there is such great news here. it's been a long month for me so I haven't been on much. I am just worn out from waiting and then the waiting being made longer because of this delay or that :clock: Finally I am seeing light at the end of the tunnel and I can start to count down the days (assuming all goes well at the interview :unsure: ) I miss Marcos so much and it feels like life is on hold without him and to top it all off his work has consumed him so that we don't even get to talk a lot. If he can come on the first of December it will be exactly 9 months since we have seen each other (enough time to have had a baby LOL) and I know there are those out there who have been apart a longer time than that and I feel sooooo for them :crying::crying::crying: but I guess, as I have read, when this is all over and just a memory it will be so worth it and it will not seem like such a long time nor such a big deal. Sometimes life just gets overwhelming at certain points though.

SOOOOOOO, here we go, the last leg of this part of the journey to be together. :rolleyes: Help me countdown, guys.... 20 days to interview :yes:

Heidi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
OMG YAY! That means two more interviews, yours in 19 days and Alan and Noemi's in 5!! :o

GOOD LUCK!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Noemi passed the interview today!!!!!

It was much the same as Perlin's Interview. Not really a big deal. But here is the scary part.... The medical clinic of doctors Horne and Chin did not send the medical report to the Embassy! So... like Perlin, the visa will be issued as soon as the medical is received. Sheesh... it's not like they didn't have the time as it has been a week and a half.

So if your in Singapore and reading this... don't use Dr's Horne and Chin or Gleneagles. That leaves one other choice on the list! Maybe there is one medical facility in Singapore that doesn't mess up!

I am feeling major relief as I think I was way more nervous than Noemi was!

I wish to thank everyone for every piece of help, advice, and encouragement.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

2008-04-18: I-129F Sent

2008-04-28: I-129F NOA1

2008-05-14 Touched

2008-09-16 Touched

2008-09-17 Touched

2008-09-18 I-129F NOA2 (143 Days, CSC)

2008-09-24 Received NVC

2008-09-26 Left NVC

2008-10-02 Consulate Received

2008-10-06 Packet 3 Received

2008-10-26 Packet 3 Sent

2008-11-13 Interview Date at Consulate - Passed!

2008-11-28 Visa Received

2008-12-6 US Entry - POE Seattle

2008-12-24 Marriage!

2009-3-1 Sent AOS packet

2009-3-10 Received NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131

2009-8-6 AOS interview - Passed!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

I have a feeling we should post it somewhere... is there an actual Singapore thread? Because I remember starting one but I don't remember anyone in it. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

:dance::wow::dancing: HE GOT IT!!! OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe it! Marcos has just called me. He just got out of the Embassy! HE GOT THE VISA!!!! (well, in about a week he will actually get the visa! LOL!) I am sooooo happy and soooooooooooooooo relieved!!! It's almost to good to be true!!! can I let myself believe it??? :yes:

Who's with me? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (horns tooting, confetti flying etc etc etc)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:dance::wow::dancing: HE GOT IT!!! OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe it! Marcos has just called me. He just got out of the Embassy! HE GOT THE VISA!!!! (well, in about a week he will actually get the visa! LOL!) I am sooooo happy and soooooooooooooooo relieved!!! It's almost to good to be true!!! can I let myself believe it??? :yes:

Who's with me? YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (horns tooting, confetti flying etc etc etc)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats!!!

:thumbs:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.