robertjay

April 08 CSC filers

610 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Hi all!!

So while I was at work today I got a call saying my wedding gown and veil that I ordered was in. So excited to try it on!

When I got home today, I checked my e-mail and...we got the interview date!!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

It's October 7-two weeks from today. I am freaking out and so excited!

I know they say not to buy tickets, make plans, etc., but really? Should we get a plane ticket soon? Can I start planning a wedding now at least lol??

I almost feel like if I start doing these things I may jinx it or something, but again, we don't have crazy circumstances so I think I am probably just being paranoid...?

How is everyone doing? Any progress??

Heather

Hey hun! Woow it is very fast! See you guys can def. have a winter wedding in Dec!!! Fingers crossed for you! :thumbs:

Good luck, Hed & Jimmy!

We're also April filers, and received (and returned) an RFE a couple of weeks ago, and now I got notice saying that the Petition has been approved. Is that the NOA2? I'm not sure, but I'm sure am happy as hell that we've been approved! It's been a long time coming too, with a lot of hardships in between. After all, which long-distance relationship is void of hardships?

:D

OMG I'm jumping up and down now!

Welcome to April filer thread! I hope your case will be forwarded to the USE asap! :star:

Just booked my medical for next thursday in London!! Hope it goes well :thumbs: 1 step closer...........

Woow! That is quick! Good luck with your medical and looking forward to see you update your interview date!

Hi fellow April filers!

Haven't been here for a while, looks like there has been a lot going on!

I got my visa authorised today!! Interview went REALLY well.... cant wait to get to America again!

Good luck to you all, and thanks to VJ!

Congratulations! Looking forward to see you 2 wedding pics!

Sorry I have been busy for work again. I'm trying to pack everything so I can ship them out to US. The best price I can find so far is USD2K for 20 small boxes (51x33x36cm) deliver door to door with insurance. It is too expensive and 20 boxes def. not enough for me. I will keep looking for cheaper. May I ask if anyone know is there any time limit for the petitioner to transfer/send their money to US? How much can we bring when we enter US? My bf is gonna come here to pick me up is that mean we can both take the same amount to leave? Anyone have any idea? Thanks for your help in advance.

Glo

Edited by GloAndCole

Jan 15th 2011: Time for Round 3~

2011-01-31:Taking my sweet time to send out my ROC package via USPS express..I'm sloooow

2011-02-02 :Delivered and signed by M Casey (Day 1)

2011-02-04 :Cash checked (Day 3)

2011-02-11 :Received NOA 1 dated 2/2 (Day 10)

2011-03-01 :Biometrics(Day 28)

2011-03-30 :ROC approved (Day 57)

2011-04-04 :Card Received (Day 62)

eNortjKzUjI0MjY0N1SyBlwwFV8CzA,,52.png

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Sorry I have been busy for work again. I'm trying to pack everything so I can ship them out to US. The best price I can find so far is USD2K for 20 small boxes (51x33x36cm) deliver door to door with insurance. It is too expensive and 20 boxes def. not enough for me. I will keep looking for cheaper. May I ask if anyone know is there any time limit for the petitioner to transfer/send their money to US? How much can we bring when we enter US? My bf is gonna come here to pick me up is that mean we can both take the same amount to leave? Anyone have any idea? Thanks for your help in advance.

Glo

Oops! I'm sorry I meant applicant = me to send money to US

Glo

Jan 15th 2011: Time for Round 3~

2011-01-31:Taking my sweet time to send out my ROC package via USPS express..I'm sloooow

2011-02-02 :Delivered and signed by M Casey (Day 1)

2011-02-04 :Cash checked (Day 3)

2011-02-11 :Received NOA 1 dated 2/2 (Day 10)

2011-03-01 :Biometrics(Day 28)

2011-03-30 :ROC approved (Day 57)

2011-04-04 :Card Received (Day 62)

eNortjKzUjI0MjY0N1SyBlwwFV8CzA,,52.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

I wish to offer my congratulations to all April 08 filers with approved NOA2's :thumbs:

For those who have not received approval, I say hang in there no matter what.

This process can be an emotional rollercoaster :whistle::unsure::blush::wacko::angry::crying::dance:

I see that some are starting to receive Visa's after the very long journey and wait :thumbs:

My Fiance recieved her Visa on the 25th of October after a 5 hour wait in line at the American Embassy in Tashkent Uzbekistan. She was very tired but is most happy that it is over :yes: She will now take the next two weeks saying goodbye to her friends and beloved family before coming to her new adopted country :yes:

Best wishes to all,

robertjay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
I wish to offer my congratulations to all April 08 filers with approved NOA2's :thumbs:

This process can be an emotional rollercoaster :whistle::unsure::blush::wacko::angry::crying::dance:

I see that some are starting to receive Visa's after the very long journey and wait :thumbs:

My Fiance recieved her Visa on the 25th of October after a 5 hour wait in line at the American Embassy in Tashkent Uzbekistan. She was very tired but is most happy that it is over :yes: She will now take the next two weeks saying goodbye to her friends and beloved family before coming to her new adopted country :yes:

Best wishes to all,

robertjay

:):) Congratulations to you, robertjay!!! I'm sure you are counting the hours ^_^

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congrats RobertJay and your fiance, tell her good job standing in line for 5 hours.

YAY glo is packing!!!

YAY to Heather about the dress!!!!

and everyone ive missed...i have been reading the posts and i think about you all

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS- WE GOT TOUCHED TODAY!!!!!! YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYYYYYY!!!!! :dance::star::thumbs:

im sooooooo stoked!!!! i've been so down and worried about why our applicaiton has taken so long to move , i thought we were going to be left behind!!! thanks to all of you who have been sending our words of encouragement, it really helps.

for all of you who got touched before getting the NOA2 how many days between the touch and the NOA2? also i did not get an email even though i signed up for it, i found out by logging on to the USCIS. what i really want to know is how long til they notify you of your interview date?

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY :dance::star::star::star::star:

thank you SOOOOOO much for all your encouragement

kathie

4.25.08: sent K-1 application

4.28.08: NOA1

5.14.08: touched

9.25.08: touched

9.26.08: touched

9.26.08: NOA2

10.2.08: at NVC, letter says our application will be sent to Guayaquil in one week

10.9.08: spoke with consulate, they have our case

10.13.08: Doctor's appointment

10.20.08: Interview READ THE REVIEWS!

10.30.08: entry: Los Angeles

11.12.08: marriage

11.25.08: applied for Social Security card. READ THE vj GUIDE!

12.3.08: packet and letter for interview arrived at fiance's mail in Ecuador- for 10.20 interview! ha ha!

12.5.08: received SS card in mail

1.9.09: sent AOS/EAD/AP applications

2.10.09: Biometrics appt, Sacramento CA

3.15.09: AP recieved in mail

3.26.09: EAD recieved in mail

3.26.09: AOS interview, Sacramento, CA

4.09.09: Permanent Resident card received in mail

3.11.11: Mailed I-751 to CSC

3.14.11: I-751 received by CSC per USPS tracking

3.14.11: NOA date (received in mail on 3.19) one year extension

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Congrats RobertJay and your fiance, tell her good job standing in line for 5 hours.

YAY glo is packing!!!

and everyone ive missed...i have been reading the posts and i think about you all

NOW FOR THE BIG NEWS- WE GOT TOUCHED TODAY!!!!!! YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYYYYYYY!!!!! :dance::star::thumbs:

im sooooooo stoked!!!! i've been so down and worried about why our applicaiton has taken so long to move , i thought we were going to be left behind!!! thanks to all of you who have been sending our words of encouragement, it really helps.

for all of you who got touched before getting the NOA2 how many days between the touch and the NOA2? also i did not get an email even though i signed up for it, i found out by logging on to the USCIS. what i really want to know is how long til they notify you of your interview date?

kathie

Grats RobertJay! Isn't it crazy it's all happening now? I remember when this thread started and all of us were frustrated/patient/impatient/anxious! Now we get to start on our second journey!

Chamy-so close now! Most people I have seen got touched one or two days before the final approval...I hope for you it is just around the corner!!! :thumbs: The interview date...there's not an exact date that can be given. After the NOA2 the USCIS sends it to NVC, NVC processes, sends it to your embassy, and the embassy may or may not send you a packet-with Australia we got the Packet in the mail with information that Sydney needed, sent it back, THEN got the interview. The interview dates also vary between countries.

I was obsessed with http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...ge=k1historical because it shows general trends on how fast the NVC is taking, and it also gives detailed info about your embassy's interview timeframe.

Hope this helps!

Heather

.png

04/17/2008 K-1 Filed

04/21/2008 NOA1 Receipt

08/27/2008 NOA2!!! (131 days)

10/07/2008 Interview

12/07/2008 Wedding-Finally!

AoS filed 6/22/2009

AoS Approved 10/3/2009

Best wishes to all,

robertjay

Congrats robertjay! :dance:

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

YAY glo is packing!!!

kathie

Hi Chamy and Gatita!

Your approval is just around the corner. Just hang on!!!

04-09-2012-------------------- Sent N-400y date: 04/11/12)

05-11-2012-------------------- Biometric Letter received!

04-16-2012-------------------- NOA received (Priority date:04/11/12)

05-25-2012-------------------- Early Biometric !!!!(05-31-12--- Biometric Appnt.)

05-30-2012---------------------Placed in Lined for Interview Scheduling!!!

06-29-2012---------------------N-400 Notification,Scheduled for Interview!

07-05-2012---------------------Interview Letter received!

07-30-2012---------------------Interview! APPROVED!!!!

08-08-2012---------------------Oath Letter recieved!

08-15-2012---------------------Oath Ceremony!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hey robertjay, you said your fiancee got her visa on October??

we're still on the month of September right?..

btw,i finally got an email yesterday and we got approved!YAY! :dance:

thanks for your reassurance!hehehe..

what they really wanted were tickets,receipts or passport pages with stamps..i should have thought about that when i sent the application...anyway,i'm still waiting for the mail they're going to send..

thanks again robertjay!

GOOD LUCK to other April filers! :thumbs:

Hey Guys!! Congrats to everyone!! :thumbs:

Just sent my package 3 today (special delivery)so will reach embssy tomorrow!!! Have Medical next wednesday (1st october) Wohoo...then just interview standing in the way between me and my fiance!! :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

hello everyone, i'm happy to report WE GOT ANOTHER TOUCH TODAY!!!!

Heather, thanks for that link with the average processing times, that is really really helpful!!! so if my math is correct, it's about 25 days on average, from NOA2 to arrival at the consulate. YIPPEEEEEEE !!!!! i know that's an AVERAGE, and that these 2 touches might mean nothing at all, and that we could get held up at NVC: blah blah blah IM STILL EXCITED!!!!

I'm here at work now, and when i logged in to uscis and saw the second touch, my co-workers were in the room with me. i'm a firefighter, we are supposed to be tough right? well, im reading the information to my co-worker, and all of a sudden, i totally choke up mid-sentence! i had my back to him, but there was enough emotion in my voice that he knew. he said, you're crying! you're crying! it was really funny actually, my crew is great. we all were running around yelling at each other, I'm verklempt! I'm verklempt! if you ever watched saturday night live you may recognize that line. Alan and Noemi, thank you for such a nice email- it was actually your email i was reading out loud when i choked up!

mitchamy, thanks for the congrats!!!

cca: good luck!!!!!

pam onzo, thanks for that information about what they were really looking for, very helpful.

Glo, thank you so much for your note! i was telling my captain about your fiance's plane nightmare, and also about robertjay's fiance having to wait in line for 5 hours. my captain said, well can they party while they wait in line, like before a concert or something? we all had a good laugh about that too.

all the best, everyone have a good weekend. remember, we create our own reality. dont be like me and be miserable for a month while waiting for the news that will come when it darn well feels like it. get out and have fun while you wait! maybe we all should be partying while we wait in lines.

kathie

4.25.08: sent K-1 application

4.28.08: NOA1

5.14.08: touched

9.25.08: touched

9.26.08: touched

9.26.08: NOA2

10.2.08: at NVC, letter says our application will be sent to Guayaquil in one week

10.9.08: spoke with consulate, they have our case

10.13.08: Doctor's appointment

10.20.08: Interview READ THE REVIEWS!

10.30.08: entry: Los Angeles

11.12.08: marriage

11.25.08: applied for Social Security card. READ THE vj GUIDE!

12.3.08: packet and letter for interview arrived at fiance's mail in Ecuador- for 10.20 interview! ha ha!

12.5.08: received SS card in mail

1.9.09: sent AOS/EAD/AP applications

2.10.09: Biometrics appt, Sacramento CA

3.15.09: AP recieved in mail

3.26.09: EAD recieved in mail

3.26.09: AOS interview, Sacramento, CA

4.09.09: Permanent Resident card received in mail

3.11.11: Mailed I-751 to CSC

3.14.11: I-751 received by CSC per USPS tracking

3.14.11: NOA date (received in mail on 3.19) one year extension

Timeline
8_good_morning_feli_15af.gif

K-1 Journey:

October 12, 2006 - Our Special Day

April 24, 2007 --- I got "ENGAGED!"

October 12, 2007 -- Our 1st year anniversary!

November 30, 2007 - My fiance came to visit the second time.

April 22, 2008 --- Form I-129F sent

April 25, 2008 --- NOA1 Received!

April 27, 2008 --- Received hard copy of NOA1

May 13, 2008 --- Touched!

August 29, 2008 - NOA2 Approved!

Sept. 01, 2008 --- Touched

Sept. 04, 2008 --- NOA2 Hard Copy Received!

Sept. 05, 2008 --- NVC Received

Sept. 10, 2008 --- Left NVC to USE (Finally!)

Sept. 18, 2008 --- Arrived at USE

Oct. 06-07, 2008 --- Medical Exam (Passed!)

October 12, 2008 --- Our 2 years anniversary

October 14, 2008 --- Interview Date! Pink Slip!

October 17, 2008 --- Visa on Hand! (Finally!)

November 16, 2008 - LAX here I come!

November 16, 2008 - Arrived at LAX

AOS Journey:

February 10, 2009 --- Sent AOS Packet w/ EAD

February 11, 2009 --- Packet delivered. The item was signed for by L BOX.

February 17, 2009 --- Notified.

February 19, 2009 --- Check has been in cashed.

April 30, 2009 ------ Biometrics (Grrrr... what took them so long!)

May 06, 2009 ---Card Production Ordered

May 07, 2009 ---Approval Notice Sent

Timeline

:star::star::star::star:

Good Morning Everybody!

Wow! It''s been a week since I last posted here. I missed out a lot!

To Robertjay: Congratulations to you and job well done to you and your sweetie!

And to everyone who received thier NOA2 already... Congratulations!

I can see that there are still April filers who haven't received their NOA2 yet and I know it's a tough matter to wait that long please don't lose hope. Once you have your NOA2 things will speed up like you can't imagine. :-)

Somehow I still don't understand how they work their system out. I hope they will approve all April filers by now so they could move on to the next month filers and so on.

This week I was so busy preparing everything I need for my interview. I just had my ID pictorials done yesterday, lol! It was kind of pictorials because I kept on asking the photographer to make it good and once I don't like it... I asked him again. I think he was a little annoyed after a while. Lol! He can't blame me for making myself look better on my pictures. Lol!

October 05 is my daperture date for Manila for my medical examination at St. Lukes. And oh! I forgot I need to call that place I will be staying. I almost forgot about that.

I'm a less paranoid now with my medical status. I had my complete medical routine the other day and got all my results yesterday. And my doctor said I'm perfectly healthy. Except for my immune system that I need to boost it up a little more. She also asked me to get my hepa vac booster shot when I get to St. Lukes since I'm paying for it as well. Lol!

Hmm... what else... Oh! It was so exhausting that I kept printing again and again with my DS_156 because I kept on missing something. The last one I did yesterday was okay but then again after printing out. I saw that my barcode on the second page is a mess. I don't why. So i printed again another one yesterday afternooon and finally it was perfect!

I'm almost done with my preparation so I'm a little anxious with my interview. So far so good... my friend just finished her medical exam at st. lukes few days ago and she passed! I'm happy for her. She went there at 5am and got out at 1pm. That was fast and she was asked to come back the follwing day at 9am for her vaccination and results.

We were both so paranoid before she came for medical exam. But she told me that the exam wasn't that strict at all. So she's so thankful that everything went so well. I hope mine will be okay by then.

I can't wait to get everything done... It was a long journey and I deserve a good news at the end of this... Wish us all the luck with our journeys...

April filers we're almost done so hang in there and let's party after this! hurray!

Angel

K-1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ah yayayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I just called the USEM... and I got my interview!!!!

Oh my! Oh my!!!!!!!! I'm panicking! Got a lot of things to do!!! I'm so dead my ###!

October 14, 2008 is my interview date! Need to undergo medical soon!

Hi Glo!

How are you? have some of my fruits! hehehehe! Oh damn! I forgot to ask them when did my case arrived! Ops!

Angel

Good luck Angel!!!

Thank you, Mitchamy!

It's strange that they will not send me Packet 3 anymore. Maybe it's because i called them because they were able to send my packet 3. But the lady ssaid i won' tbe needing that anymore. I just need to download some documents in the website.

Well as far as i know USE-Phils dont have packets to send out...Go to US website and download DS forms.

And pay your delbros right away to avoid delays of your visa.

Amy

Mitch!

I already paid my delbros and my visa fee in BPI. And they gave me a validated DS-157. I have to hand written that form. I had that photocopied in case I'll make a mistake. I haven't filled the form yet. Kind of anxious I might get a mistake filling that out. Lol!

How's your process, Mitch? How's it going?

Angel

K-1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Timeline
Ohh havent posted in a while and saw lots of good news here today! :dance:

Angel, you and I are having the interview on the same day! So let's hope Oct 14th will be a good news day too!

Beta.....

Wow! Good Luck to us and I hope everything will be fine... I will make all my documents ready by next weekend and have it re-check before I fly to manila for my medical exam.

I'm waiting for my parents package. they sent me some documents also just in case the consul would look for my parents immigrant papers. since they're also in US.

Are you done with your documents already?

Angel

K-1 Journey:

AOS Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.