joey_77

Lost our 797 Approval Notice...what do we do for AOA?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

OK, so at the embassy interview (Cd Juarez) we turned in most of our paperwork, including the original I-797 Approval Notice of our petition.

Now we can't find a copy of that notice and it seems that it will be required to file the I485 (it says to attach a copy of the Fiance Petition Approval Notice along with the marriage certificate).

So how do we get a copy? has anyone been in a similar situation?

We already processed a INFOPASS Appointment so maybe speaking with a local immigration officer would help, since they're the ones handling our case they'll probably have the packet that I turned in at the POE (El Paso,TX).

Any help/comment would be greatly appreciated!

Jose

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
OK, so at the embassy interview (Cd Juarez) we turned in most of our paperwork, including the original I-797 Approval Notice of our petition.

Now we can't find a copy of that notice and it seems that it will be required to file the I485 (it says to attach a copy of the Fiance Petition Approval Notice along with the marriage certificate).

So how do we get a copy? has anyone been in a similar situation?

We already processed a INFOPASS Appointment so maybe speaking with a local immigration officer would help, since they're the ones handling our case they'll probably have the packet that I turned in at the POE (El Paso,TX).

Any help/comment would be greatly appreciated!

Jose

Why did you give them the original? It is too late now but you should NEVER give an original unless specifically required.

Some people have used the electronic approval message on CRIS...

El Paso will not have your file as it will be placed in storage until you file AOS...

You can request a copy but it will cost $$$$$

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yeah, filing a request for a duplicate approval cost around $340dlls ouch!

As to why we gave them the original...I sincerely don't know, i guess we were nervous about getting denied that we didn't think of it. Will the immigration officer at our INFOPASS be able to help us? Is just a copy that we need...

Also, what's the Electronic Approval message mentioned above? is the email automated system from the USCIS website?

Any chance of contacting by email the Consulate you were interviewed at and asking if they have your NOA2 there? Would be cheaper to have them send it to you, rather than ordering a new one!

You should have gotten an email if you were signed up for notices. You could print that off and try to get by with that...

Let us know what happens at your INFOPASS appointment!

Best of luck!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Considering the consulate keeps no files (since it is all enclosed in the MBE) the chances are slim...

Not only the e-mail but also the online status message I was thinking about that others have said they have used.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Considering the consulate keeps no files (since it is all enclosed in the MBE) the chances are slim...

Not only the e-mail but also the online status message I was thinking about that others have said they have used.

Reason tells me both or either should work. USCIS knows the petition was approved because the visa is in hand and you're in the USA. It's worth a try if you can wait out a potential RFE. If time is critical and the beneficiary needs to get to work, then the I-824 fee is cheap compared to even one month's lost wages.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Need help

I called USCIS today

when i got someone on the line to find out what happened to our receipt, which we never got

they said case is pending in Vermont

I said we need to mail i-129f but don't have the right address since our package got rejected and send back

they say you have to go to the info pass ask an appointment for your local cis office let them get you a copy

which will give you the address but won't be an original one

which i think i have to have with my when i go to the embassy

i am also wondering how long it takes to get an infopass appointment as in how long if i go online today till when do i get it

my husband needs to go to Houston

HELP

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Timeline

if you get a copy... a copy is OK

time for an infopass depends on how busy the local office is... could be next day or next week... need to go online and try and then see what is available

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.