Friends wife murdered

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here's the latest on this for whoever is interested:

Deputy: Woman shot hours before 911 call

* By SONIA SMITH

* Advocate staff writer

* Published: Jun 30, 2008 - UPDATED: 12:05 a.m.

LIVINGSTON — Livingston Parish sheriff’s deputies arrested a 22-year-old emergency medical technician Sunday afternoon in the killing of his wife.

Deputies booked Couty Alexander, of 18059 Watts Road, Livingston, into Livingston Parish Jail on a count of second-degree murder after he confessed to shooting his wife, 24-year-old Christa Ann Alexander, said Jason Ard, chief of operations for the Sheriff’s Office.

Alexander told detectives during questioning Sunday afternoon that he shot his wife with a 9 mm handgun in the back of the head while she was trying to gather clothing from her closet, Ard said.

Deputies have recovered the weapon, Ard said.

Alexander called 911 at 5:51 a.m. Sunday, telling emergency dispatchers that he returned home from work to find his wife dead, Ard said.

An EMT with Acadian Ambulance, Alexander had finished a 12-hour shift at 5 a.m. Sunday, said R. Porter Taylor, operations manager for Acadian Ambulance.

He had recently completed paramedic school, Taylor added.

Ard said that Christa Alexander was shot and killed before her husband went to work.

Mavis Rabalais, 69, the Alexanders’ next-door neighbor and landlord, described the couple as quiet newlyweds who married in March and were active members of the Fundamental Baptist Church on La. 63.

“This is a bad day,” Rabalais said.

Couty Alexander has 13 siblings, Rabalais said, and grew up nearby, on Palmer Road.

The Alexanders lived in the unincorporated community of Colyell north of French Settlement. Couty Alexander had worked as a missionary in the United States and abroad.

Rabalais described Christa Alexander as a sweet, kind, helpful woman who rarely went into the yard outside her tan brick house without her husband.

The couple was expecting their first child in December, Rabalais said.

“It’s just unbelievable that somebody would want to harm her,” Rabalais said. “You just don’t expect something like this out here.”

Rabalais added that she last saw the couple Saturday afternoon when Couty Alexander was collecting the bodies of the turtles he had shot the previous weekend in his backyard pond.

Alexander is being held without bond, Ard said. The investigation is ongoing and more charges are possible.

An autopsy will be performed today, Ard said.

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How tragic... I wonder what his motive was? It said in the story that she was shot while "trying to gather clothing from her closet".... was she possibly going to leave him and he couldn't handle it?

My condolences to the whole family and friends.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

very sad

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Im sorry you are going thru this with your best friend Tamara...You are all in my prayers (F)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

What a huge loss!! (F)

I-130

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage : 2007-05-15

I-130 Sent : 2008-04-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-05-05

US Entry : 2007-11-13

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

Port of Entry : Los Angeles

POE Date : 2007-11-13

Adjustment of Status:

CIS Office : Chula Vista CA

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Employment Authorization Document:

CIS Office : Chicago National Office

Filing Method : Mail

Filing Instance : First

Date Filed : 2008-04-28

NOA Date : 2008-05-05

Bio. Appt. : 2008-05-22

Touched 5/8/2008

Touched 5/16/08

Touched 6/04/08

2008-07-03 EAD Card Production Ordered

Touched 7/4/08

Filed: Timeline

My heart goes out to the family and friends involved in this tragic event. After reading some of the news stories, Christa's father is a better man than I am. He forgave his daughter's killer before knowing who it was.

Whether she was planning to leave is immaterial. Cody did the unthinkable. At least he confessed to his actions rather than trying to hide them. Hopefully, this action will lead to a speedy trial and he can begin experiencing the swift justice that is due.

Peace be with the family.

Ryan

Dawn was my older sister and my first best friend. My heart is broken. She will be forever missed.

thumb_Remember_Dawn.gif