alameda

Embassy interview place

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi, everyone,

My fiancee is Chinese citizen, but she is studying in Canada as foreign student. She has the legal study

visa till 2007. I am going to apply the K-1 visa for her. Can she interview in Canada? or she must go back to China and complete the interview? Anything I need to do when I submit the I-129F to request the interview in Canada? If she can interview in Canada, which embassy in Canada she should attend? She lives in Alberta. I hope anyone can give me the answer.

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi, everyone,

My fiancee is Chinese citizen, but she is studying in Canada as foreign student. She has the legal study

visa till 2007. I am going to apply the K-1 visa for her. Can she interview in Canada? or she must go back to China and complete the interview? Anything I need to do when I submit the I-129F to request the interview in Canada? If she can interview in Canada, which embassy in Canada she should attend? She lives in Alberta. I hope anyone can give me the answer.

Thank you

As far as I'm concerned, the interview ALWAYS takes place in the country where the beneficiary is native from! So, she would have to come back to China to have her interview...

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Filed: Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi, I am a bulgarian citizen currently residing in Ireland, working since 2003 with work permit and I am going to have my interview here in Ireland- I was told from my attorney my interview should be where I currently reside, i am not sure about students but i think it would be possible for your fiancee to have her interview in Canada. Take an advice from an attorney, but try a few and see the different opinions.

Oh, sorry, just to add, I know for sure that for B2 visitor visa the interview must be in her native country, of course she could try somewhere else also but the chances opf getting the visa are much smaller. Again- this is for B2, I am not sure about the K1 if she is only for short period in Canada on a student visa, but still my opinion is- most likely, yes, she could have the interview in Canada. Only opinion, I may be wrong.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi, I am a bulgarian citizen currently residing in Ireland, working since 2003 with work permit and I am going to have my interview here in Ireland- I was told from my attorney my interview should be where I currently reside, i am not sure about students but i think it would be possible for your fiancee to have her interview in Canada. Take an advice from an attorney, but try a few and see the different opinions.

Oh, sorry, just to add, I know for sure that for B2 visitor visa the interview must be in her native country, of course she could try somewhere else also but the chances opf getting the visa are much smaller. Again- this is for B2, I am not sure about the K1 if she is only for short period in Canada on a student visa, but still my opinion is- most likely, yes, she could have the interview in Canada. Only opinion, I may be wrong.

As long as she has legal status in Canada, she can have her interview in Canada...

The consulate will ask for proof of her legal status before they will issue packet 3.

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Hi, everyone,

Thank you

As far as I'm concerned, the interview ALWAYS takes place in the country where the beneficiary is native from! So, she would have to come back to China to have her interview...

As per the I-129F......it uses the word 'resident'.........not native of. Ones country of residence is not necessarily ones native country.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline

My fiance and I are in the same situation, as he is an Albanian citizen in Italy as a student. On our petition, we requested to have the interview in Tirana, Albania, but the National Visa Center changed it on us and sent all his documentation to Naples. I called twice and e-mailed about this and everyone tells me the location of the interview is determined by the place where the person is currently living. So... your fiancee will likely have to do her interview in Canada, even if you request to have it in China.

Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, everyone,

Thank you

As per the I-129F......it uses the word 'resident'.........not native of. Ones country of residence is not necessarily ones native country.

Yes, I know about the diference... I just thought that it was obligatory to the beneficiary to have the interview in the country where he was born, but thanks God I can see now I was wrong! :yes:

Good luck, Alameda! :luv:

BRAUSA2.jpg

AMERIZILIANS ALL THE WAY!!! :P

K-1 Journey

--> Jan 27th, 2006 - Sent the petition to Nebraska SC.

--> Jan 31st, 2006 - 1st NOA received by mail.

--> April 20th, 2006 - 2nd NOA in snail mail!

--> May 5th, 2006 - NVC received and left

--> May 24th, 2006 - Pack. 3 received and left (never received package 4, so the Embassy sent me its content by e-mail)

--> June 26th, 2006 - Medical in São Paulo (Dr. Celso Rodrigues Fava)

--> July 11th - Interview APPROVED!! :D

--> July 13th - Visa in hand

AOS

--> Novr 11th, 2006 - Sent AOS and EAD forms

--> Nov 17th, 2006 - NOA 1

--> Dec 4th, 2006 - Biometrics (appt. letter rec. in 11/24)

--> Nov 28th, 2006 - RFE received

--> Jan, 8th, 2007 - RFE sent

--> Jan, 30th, 2007 - EAD card received

--> Mar, 13th, 2007 - Interview - Pending Security Checks

--> July, 16th, 2007 - USCIS site: Security checks cleared. Welcome Letter in the way!

--> July, 26th, 2007 - GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!! (done with USCIS until 04/2009)

Removing Conditions on Residency

--> April 16th, 2009 - Sent I-751 Application to California Service Center

--> May 8th, 2009 - NOA received (1 year extension letter]

--> June 1st, 2009 - Biometrics appt. letter received

I LOVE MY BABE CHRIS!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.