sarahaziz

Dr Phil

47 posts in this topic

I've seen it a couple times. Anyone notice when they were talking about the visa and how Abdullah said he'd have it in a few days after he applied for it?

:rofl: Thats probebly because his neighbors wife's friends cousins friend applied for a visa and got it instantly. :rofl:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So I went to look this show up online and all I got was the transcript. I read through the first show and it's trivial junk. The sad thing is these kinds of stereotypes perpetuate because of this kind of material being aired.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I can say that Dr. Phil had his stupidest episode ever and showed how racist he is... obviously, the American girl played the Arab guy big time... the guy was childish but it was clear that he LOVED her, while the girl was just playing around! ... when she went back home to the US she called him from the Airport telling him that she misses him, and few days later she got on the TV and dumped him!....

The Next Step is Removing Conditions!

0820120349b40a7377e80.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I thought she looked like she was on drugs on the episode that I saw the other day. I wasn't in love with Abdullah either but I hated how Dr. Phil pronounced his name.

I kept wondering...does he mean a visitor's visa????

Just trying to muster the energy (and the money) to do this again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Sarah Aziz,

In Iran, if a foreign woman is issued a Iranian passport, enters Iran on an Iranian passport, then yes, she is considered an Iranian citizen and subject to their laws.

However, if she enters Iran on a foreign passport, then basically she in only on a tourist visa. And she can appeal to her Embassy for assistance. Even if her passport is taken away, she can go to the local police and say it was stolen and she needs to contact her Embassy in Tehran.

Strange, I met some American women there in Iran and none of them had a hard time to leave. Including me (I was pregnant the time I left Iran, husband knew I was pregnant also).

One woman married an Iranian, got pregnant while living in Iran and decided she did not want to stay married to the guy. He let her go, knowing she was pregnant and she moved back to California.

So, truly, it is an extreme rarity a foreign woman would be held captive in Iran. For the pure, simple fact there are so few of them there.

How are the laws in other muslim countries for foreign wives using dual passports (ie the passports of the husband's nationality)?

In Jordan, your husband can prevent you from leaving the country without him regardless of the passport you use.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
In Jordan, your husband can prevent you from leaving the country without him regardless of the passport you use.

I heard that they changed that law and foreigners can leave-- and that it's rare to enforce it even on jordanians at this point. Do you know of any recent cases? I haven't actually heard of anyone trying, so it's kind of hard to judge with the rumor.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

I heard that they changed that law and foreigners can leave-- and that it's rare to enforce it even on jordanians at this point. Do you know of any recent cases? I haven't actually heard of anyone trying, so it's kind of hard to judge with the rumor.

I haven't heard anything because I don't really know of anyone that has been through it, but I read it on the DOS website at one point. How enforceable it is, I have no clue. I think it's pretty lame so I hope they changed it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I haven't heard anything because I don't really know of anyone that has been through it, but I read it on the DOS website at one point. How enforceable it is, I have no clue. I think it's pretty lame so I hope they changed it.

Yeah, I heard it's really hard to enforce. I can imagine if you had a US passport and your jordanian husband was trying to detain you, it would likely be impossible to enforce-- you're at the airport and you just keep claiming you have no idea who that man is! I doubt they are going to go through the trouble of looking up your marriage but will likely let you go.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

shhhh i'm on a mission

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

shhhh i'm on a mission

Amal, you're a nut! LMAO :devil:

Nawal I think you need to post that response in every thread for it to count. :lol:

shhhh i'm on a mission

Amal, you're a nut! LMAO :devil:

Nawal I think you need to post that response in every thread for it to count. :lol:

:yes::lol:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I WATCH THE SHOW TODAY ... IT IS A HEAP WAY TO MAKE AMERICAN WOMEN START HAVING FEAR FROM LOOKING FOR MR. RIGHT MAN ... WHICH HE IS NOT ANYMORE EXISTED IN UNITED STATES ... DRUG FREE AND CONSIDERATE AND LOYAL ... NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE GOOD AND NOT ALL THE PEOPLE ARE BAD ... WHO DOES NOT KNOW THAT DR. PHIL IS JEWISH ... AND AS EVERYONE KNOW THAT JEWISH PEOPLE NEVER THEY KEEP THEIR WORD .. LIKE HE DECIDE TO TRICK ABDULLAH AND THE LITTLE GIRL ... BUT WITH ALL THAT I AM NOT WITH WHAT ABDULLAH AND HIS GIRL DID ... IT IS NOT SMART TO DO ALL THAT EVEN IF WITH THE NAME OF LOVE ... SHE HAD TO WAIT UNTIL SHE BECOME OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE RIGHT TO DECIDE FOR HER SELF AND WILL HER FAMILY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER CHOICES ... THAT WAITING TIME WILL MAKE HER SURE IF SHE IS REALLY IN LOVE WITH HIM OR IT IS JUST TEENAGER ADVENTURE.

"An unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.