Dr Phil

47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yay.... I was bothered by how Dr Phil portrayed the relationship, and seemed to put ME in bad light.

I heard about this a year ago, my God-mother mentioned it to me, in light of my traveling to Jordan. She's like "omg, you're doing the same thing!" Of course, I was upset by the biased reaction.

I was also bothered by how Dr Phil made it sound so simple for someone to get a visa to come to America. Says he would talk with the embassy, and all that. *shakes head* No wonder people are giving me a hard time about my honey not coming here (first on visitor visa). We have tried!

IMHO, Dr Phil is just trying to doctor up media stuff to get more TV ratings -- even by bashing other people. Pretty low blow, yes?

On another note related to Dr Phil, my honey was explaining to me a conversation he had with his aunt. She was going off on how badly Dr Phil treated the ME and said "ALL Americans are pieces of ****(#######)" I was like *gasp* in his telling me, but guess what... he explained that many Americans don't even like Dr Phil neither.... whew.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Wait didn't it come out in the 2nd program after the girl came home that the guy was hitting her and she was basically scared to say anything in front of him? I remember watching the show and it was before I met my husband and I frankly didn't think it was making the ME look bad. It made that guy look bad and that girl look like a young fool. Also, let's be honest there are laws and cultural issues in the ME that most Americans would have problems with, there have been instances when that has bitten an American in the @ss before. I just say this to say I didn't see the program as an attack on Arab culture or the ME, just this messed up couple but that's just my opinion on it.

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yep a seen it like 6 months ago when it came on and I saw that part 1 was on tv yesterday. To me she looked foolish after seeing both shows. Especially after seeing how she had already met somebody else and was interested in him so quickly. She did say he was mean to her and hit her and I think if I remember from a few months ago he even bit her???? He said it was normal to call her a ####### and bit** in his country which put a bad picture out there for ME men if you just seen that portion of the show.

I remember my phone ringing off the hook of people saying did you see that? Does he treat you like that at all? Is this normal where he lives? I'm sure with this show coming out a few of you that your family or friends do not know have heard the same things. I hated having to be on the defensive side....I would always say Jeffrey Dahmer ate people and he is from the US do you do it too?

I personally like Dr. Phil but I didn't like how you had to wait a day to find out that this couple was just down right stupid and foolish. I do agree he made the visa process look like a walk in the park and that was just uneducated. If he had the ability to just call the embassy up I am sure that all of VJ would be barking up his tree.

I thik this was teh same episode that was on yesterday here? I didn;t watch all of it, but I did see the part where Dr. Phil asked "how long is it going to take you to get a visa?" (They are not married and have promised her family that they will wait to get married in the US) and their response was "I don't know. Maybe a couple of days or a week? "

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I saw the episodes online. Both the girl and guy were immature and rash in their decision making. I felt like it made the rest of us and our spouses look bad. I didn't even know about it, but my husband brought it to my attention since him and his famly were watching it in Jordan.

My husband said the Palestinian guy went on some Lebanese talk show to tell his side of the story. He said the girl and him did get married, but how can we really know for sure? The whole story seems dramatized. I didn't even like that girl's family. They wanted to look like victims but I felt like they didn't really care about their daughter that much. They didn't even bother to meet her at the airport when she returned. It may be the girl did this just to get the family to pay attention to her since there seemed to be a lot of kids living under one roof. This is just my observations, maybe I am misssing something.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

I thik this was teh same episode that was on yesterday here? I didn;t watch all of it, but I did see the part where Dr. Phil asked "how long is it going to take you to get a visa?" (They are not married and have promised her family that they will wait to get married in the US) and their response was "I don't know. Maybe a couple of days or a week? "

I had to laugh at that myself.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Oh ok, yeah I saw part 1 but never figured out when part 2 aired. Is it available online? Anybody know?

So they aren't together anymore and she has moved on to someone else?

BTW, I totally agree. I was chuckling when they talked about getting a visa from the Embassy and assumed it would just be a couple of days. Right. Good Luck with that one!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

:lol:

Having watched it again.... knowing what I know now... it really was funny when they were discussing the visa process. :lol:

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

I had to laugh at that myself.

I know. Both my husband and I were in stitches.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Where can you find it online?

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.