skegma

evidences of relationship

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i've read here that pictures are secondary proofs, i was wondering what are the primary proofs?????

please give me the list of evidences by importance order, my fiance and I are gathering evidences so we can apply for my k-1 visa on august and we want it to be perfect

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Good morning

there are so many evidences to Proof of Having Met in Person like

phone bills, cell phone bills, emails , letters

airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps

Color Photo's of you and your fiance together

check this proof of having met in person

Good luck and my best wishes for you we will file for the visa next month

Edited by tenderheart197900

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Good morning

there are so many evidences to Proof of Having Met in Person like

phone bills, cell phone bills, emails , letters

airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps

Color Photo's of you and your fiance together

check this proof of having met in person

Good luck and my best wishes for you we will file for the visa next month

thanks for your reply and good luck for you, hope it will be an easy process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I don't think that USCIS ever differentiated between primary and secondary proofs. You can search Guides sections for "evidences of relationship" or use Wiki page for latest updated info.

Link to Wiki page is http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...es_of_Marriage:

USCIS

02/01/2008 : Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lock Box via Priority Mail

02/04/2008 : I-130 reached Chicago 2:18 AM

02/19/2008 : NOA1

02/20/2008 : $355 check cashed

02/25/2008 : Case available to view online

08/26/2008 : Email: Case will transfer to CSC

08/27/2008 : Notice Sent: Case will transfer to CSC

09/04/2008 : Email: Case arrived and pending at CSC

09/05/2008 : Touch

09/08/2008 : Touch

09/23/2008 : Approved !!! (217 days | 31 weeks) from NOA 1 (235 days | 33 weeks) from file

09/24/2008 : Touch

NVC

09/29/2008 : NVC received Case & Case # assigned

10/03/2008 : DS-3032 & I-864 Fee bill generated

10/04/2008 : E-mail for Choice of Agent sent

10/09/2008 : I-864 Fee bill instruction received in mail

10/09/2008 : I-864 Fee bill ($70) submitted online

10/10/2008 : I-864 Fee bill shows status "PAID"

10/14/2008 : I-864EZ Package sent via priority mail

10/16/2008 : I-864EZ Package reached NVC

10/16/2008 : E-mail for Choice of Agent accepted. (12 days)

10/16/2008 : IV Fee bill ($400) submitted online

10/17/2008 : IV Fee bill accepted

11/13/2008 : DS-230 Package mailed to NVC (Had to wait for PCC)

11/18/2008 : DS-230 Package reached NVC

11/21/2008 : Case Complete (53 days | 7 Weeks) at NVC

Consulate

01/06/2009 : Medical

01/27/2009 : Interview (361 days | 51 weeks) from file

02/09/2009 : POE (Newark)

02/21/2009 : SSN Received

02/25/2009 : Welcome Letter Received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

With your petition the uscis is looking for proof of having met in the last 2 years. Copies of passport stamps, boarding passes, itinerary..things that show you in the same place at the same time.

While photos, emails, chat, phone records..etc... may help to support that requirement as well, they can be easily doctored and are more proof of ongoing relationship which comes later at interview stage.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Nothing is more evident than pictures but also include hotel and airplane documentation.

Pictures are secondary. The BEST evidence besides what was already mentioned is those handwritten letters / cards showing the postmark on the envelopes.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nothing is more evident than pictures but also include hotel and airplane documentation.

Pictures are secondary. The BEST evidence besides what was already mentioned is those handwritten letters / cards showing the postmark on the envelopes.

We didn't use any of that.

I agree with passport stamps, plane tickets, receipts, and pictures.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
i've read here that pictures are secondary proofs, i was wondering what are the primary proofs?????

please give me the list of evidences by importance order, my fiance and I are gathering evidences so we can apply for my k-1 visa on august and we want it to be perfect

1. cards and letters - to certify of you ongoing relationship

2. emails/Chat Logs

3. Phone Calls / Text Messages

4. Money Transfer or Joint Bank Account

5. Hotel Receipts when actual acquintance happen

6. Passport with Immigration Stamp - to certify when he/she actually visisted u and how many times

Strike till the IRON is HOT

K3 flow

wedding date 04/24/07

130 sent 07/27/07

noa1 09/10/07

noa2 03/13/08

129f sent 09/10/07

noa1 09/24/07

noa2 03/13/08

package rcvd by NVC 04/04/08

date rcvd by consulate 04/09/08

passed - my medical 05/15/08

APPROVED - interview date (K3 visa ) 05/28/08

VISA delivered - - - - - June 05, 2008

POE @ Detroit - - - - - - June 21, 2008

submit AOS application to Chicago Lockbox - - - May 14, 2009

Check encashed - - - - - - - - -- - - -- -- - --- --- May 22, 2009

NOA1 for AOS & EAD received- - - - - -- --------- -May 26, 2009

Letter for Biometrics received from the mail----- June 11, 2009

Appointment for Biometrics------------------------ June 26, 2009

Card Production Ordered 4 EAD------------------- June 26, 2009

EAD approval - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - - - - - -- -- July 02, 2009

Received EAD from the mail ----------------------- July 06,2009

Received noticed for I-485 - ----------------------- July 11, 2009

Schedule for Interview & Passed ---------------- August 12, 2009

Green Card Production --------------------------- August 12, 2009

Welcome Notice Received------------------------- August 20,2009

GCard/PR received-------------------------------- August 24, 2009

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Wow, several of us are just full of misinformation this morning. It's very common to confuse evidence of meeting in person with evidence of bona fide ongoing relationship.

There are two elements of the "meeting" requirment. One is that you were in the same place and the other that it was within the past two years. Primary evidence is boarding passes and passport stamps indicating on party travelled to country of the other's residence or that both traveled to a given location at the same time. Such evidence proves both time and place. Other primary evidence could include hotel receipts paid for with a credit card or ATM withdrawal records.

A picture could actually be primary evidence if it is of the "proof of life" variety or otherwise staged to provide actual evidence of both primary elements of time and place. Examples would be holding a local newspaper with date visible or a common choice in China is to stand in front of a money exchange board in the Bank of China, showing the date and have somebody snap a picture. Otherwise, even dated pictures are secondary because the dates can be doctored and they prove only place, not time.

Emails, cards and letters give evidence of primary evident, so are not evidence of meeting.

See last post in this thread.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...rimary+evidence

Submit evidence of meeting the meneficiary in person within the two-year period preceding the filing of the petiition. The primary evidence may include airline ticket stubs and receipts (that indicate month, day, and year), copies of passport pages that show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. The secondary evidence may be film dated photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together. The following DOES NOT constitue evidence of meeting: disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards."

As I recall, the source is the actual instructions in an RFE asking for primary evidence of meeting.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

1. cards and letters - to certify of you ongoing relationship

2. emails/Chat Logs

3. Phone Calls / Text Messages

4. Money Transfer or Joint Bank Account

5. Hotel Receipts when actual acquintance happen

6. Passport with Immigration Stamp - to certify when he/she actually visisted u and how many times

Only 5 and 6 are evidence of meeting. 1-4 are evidence of bona fide ongoing relationship. Don't confuse the two. I know the thread title is "evidence of relationship" but this is the filing stage for a K1, so evidence of meeting in the past two years is the requirement, not evidence of a relationship.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
With your petition the uscis is looking for proof of having met in the last 2 years. Copies of passport stamps, boarding passes, itinerary..things that show you in the same place at the same time.

While photos, emails, chat, phone records..etc... may help to support that requirement as well, they can be easily doctored and are more proof of ongoing relationship which comes later at interview stage.

:thumbs:Exactly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.