tshah

NOA2 for I-130 and I-129F in same week

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

For those who wanted to know where USCIS is in processing.....I got an email last night saying my I-129F was approved on 8th May. My NOA1 date was 1 Mar.

Also, I-130 got approved on 2nd May. Its NOA1 date was Feb 15.

Congratulations! Best of luck for the rest of your journey.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Congrats! Good to see some processing nearer my dates! Thanks for giving me hope and godspeed to you!

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
Hi,

For those who wanted to know where USCIS is in processing.....I got an email last night saying my I-129F was approved on 8th May. My NOA1 date was 1 Mar.

Congradulations, I got my k3 (I-129f) approval notice in the mail may 1st, Got Letter from NVC saying that they recv'd the case and will transfer it to U.S. consulate abroad on may 10. got I-130 approval email on may 11th. I got my k3 approved before my I-130 was approved. Which one will be processed. I am worried because the k3 is already headed or is already at the embassy. Should i contact USCIS or the Embassy. Please can anyone help me? Thanks. Any advise is helpful and useful.

115268591357969.gif

I-130

02-08-2005: I-130 sent

02-14-2005: NOA 1 received

05-02-2006: NOA 2 received

05-02-2006: Case sent to NVC

NVC

06-12-2006: NVC sent out DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

06-23-2006: Received copy DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

06-30-2006: Bill sent to NVC

07-01-2006: Received Bill via usps Tracking

07-06-2006: Received DS-3032

07-17-2006: I-864 packet & IV Bill generated

07-24-2006: IV Bill received

07-25-2006: IV Bill paid and to be sent out 7-26-06 to St. Louis

07-28-2006: I-864 form received

08-03-2006: I-864 form and add. info sent via Express mail.

08-04-2006: I-864 form & add. info received @11:18am (via USPS tracking)

08-07-2006: I-864 form & add. info received by NVC

08-08-2006: IV Bill received and entered into NVC system

08-14-2006: RFE sent from NVC dated 8/11/06 :(

08-17-2006: Received RFE(I-864 checklist)

09-20-2006: NVC received DS-230

10-23-2006: NVC received DS-230 checklist

11-01-2006: NVC completed my case

11-17-2006: Interview date;12-14-06

ticker.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi,

Congratulations... better than tryng to get a police report from Brasil during carnival... we're still waiting..

Hi,

Congratulations!!!! :dance::dance:

I keep looking for my I-130 approval - my NOA1 date was Feb 13... I know it must be coming soon! Good luck with the rest of your process! :)

Congradulations, I got my k3 (I-129f) approval notice in the mail may 1st, Got Letter from NVC saying that they recv'd the case and will transfer it to U.S. consulate abroad on may 10. got I-130 approval email on may 11th. I got my k3 approved before my I-130 was approved. Which one will be processed. I am worried because the k3 is already headed or is already at the embassy. Should i contact USCIS or the Embassy. Please can anyone help me? Thanks. Any advise is helpful and useful.

abeba - the K3 will continue to process unless you choose to stop it. I don't understand why it's speedy approval worries you though???

Anyway, if you chose not to go with the K3 & wait for the CR1/IR1 then you can simply not return the paperwork they send you in your packet 3 for the K3. The K3 cannot be processed without it. On the other hand, you could just hold onto that packet & wait to see how long the I-130 takes to get processed. It's up to you, but I wouldn't do anything rash - the CR1/IR1 takes a lot longer to process at the NVC level than the K3 & you could end up waiting a long time. :unsure:

CR-1:

14-Dec-05: Sent I-130 to London for DCF

28-Dec-05: Letter from Embassy denying due to LLR

17-Jan-06: RFE from TX due to "lack of payment"; USCIS won't accept credit card form from Embassy

01-Feb-06: Sent new I-130 to TX with personal check

13-Feb-06: NOA1

02-June-06: NOA2

05-June-06: Case received at NVC; case # assigned

26-June-06: DS-3032 Choice of Agent rec'd via snail mail

06-July-06: DS-3032 COA mailed; AOS bill mailed

24-July-06: IV bill generated

31-July-06: I-864 rec'd via snail mail; IV bill rec'd

31-Aug-06: IV bill mailed (delayed due to move to US)

21-Sep-06: DS-230 rec'd via snail mail

02-Oct-06: DS-230 & I-864 mailed

08-Nov-06: Case completed at NVC & forwarded to London Embassy!!!

28-Feb-07: Final Interview at London Embassy

01-Mar-07: Visa in hand!!!

Removal of Conditions:

16-Feb-09: I-751 sent to VSC

23-Feb-09: I-751 NOA1

10-Apr-09: Biometrics Appt

02-Sep-09: Approved - 10-yr Green Card Production Ordered

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Congratulations!!!! :dance::dance:

I keep looking for my I-130 approval - my NOA1 date was Feb 13... I know it must be coming soon! Good luck with the rest of your process! :)

abeba - the K3 will continue to process unless you choose to stop it. I don't understand why it's speedy approval worries you though???

Anyway, if you chose not to go with the K3 & wait for the CR1/IR1 then you can simply not return the paperwork they send you in your packet 3 for the K3. The K3 cannot be processed without it. On the other hand, you could just hold onto that packet & wait to see how long the I-130 takes to get processed. It's up to you, but I wouldn't do anything rash - the CR1/IR1 takes a lot longer to process at the NVC level than the K3 & you could end up waiting a long time. :unsure:

I agree. K3 would be faster.

abeba --- Are you familiar with NVC process? I would like to have all the paperworks from NVC mailed to me directly instead of my wife. So I can handled all mails sent to me and respond quickly within the US.

I was looking at NVC flow chart and found confusing. Does NVC require anything to be mailed by beneficiary to them? Or can petitioner handle all the steps of NVC process?

Wish you good luck and congratulation on your both approvals too.

Thanks....

abeba --- Are you familiar with NVC process? I would like to have all the paperworks from NVC mailed to me directly instead of my wife. So I can handled all mails sent to me and respond quickly within the US.

I was looking at NVC flow chart and found confusing. Does NVC require anything to be mailed by beneficiary to them? Or can petitioner handle all the steps of NVC process?

Thanks....

If the beneficiary elects to make the USC petitioner the Choice of Agent (form DS-3032) then all correspendence/forms/bills etc will be directed to the USC. This can save much time in doing it this way because of international posting times.

Have a read of the link in my signature for NVC timesavers and James Shortcuts. It should assist you in getting through the NVC stage faster.

Regarding the NVC flowchart.......it is simply two paths....one path is for the beneficiary/now applicant.....the other is for the USC/petitioner. By electing the USC the Choice of Agent both paths still remain seperate, the only change is that any correspondence is done to and from the USC.

Wishing you all the best....and congrats on your approvals.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thanks....

If the beneficiary elects to make the USC petitioner the Choice of Agent (form DS-3032) then all correspendence/forms/bills etc will be directed to the USC. This can save much time in doing it this way because of international posting times.

Have a read of the link in my signature for NVC timesavers and James Shortcuts. It should assist you in getting through the NVC stage faster.

Regarding the NVC flowchart.......it is simply two paths....one path is for the beneficiary/now applicant.....the other is for the USC/petitioner. By electing the USC the Choice of Agent both paths still remain seperate, the only change is that any correspondence is done to and from the USC.

Wishing you all the best....and congrats on your approvals.

Lorelle

Lorelle, Thanks for your detailed answer. One question: Do I have to wait for NVC to assign the case number and to send me a copy of DS-3032? Also, should I ask my wife to sign the DS-3032 from the website and send it to me? Or would you recommend to wait until she gets DS-3032 from NVC?

Thanks for your help....

tshah

Lorelle, Thanks for your detailed answer. One question: Do I have to wait for NVC to assign the case number and to send me a copy of DS-3032? Also, should I ask my wife to sign the DS-3032 from the website and send it to me? Or would you recommend to wait until she gets DS-3032 from NVC?

Thanks for your help....

tshah

If you look at the link in my signature to the NVC timesavers and James Shortcuts, in the first post it tells you how to find out your case number. But to answer your question.......yes you have to wait until they assign a case number before you can do anything. The time a petition takes to reach NVC and is entered into the system varies, but on average around 2 weeks. It could be sooner or later. Once you have your case number you can start to self/generate the various forms/bills if you choose to use James Shortcuts. You need to keep calling the automated number to find out when things are generated.

There are a few ways you can tackle the DS-3032 choice of agent.

1. You can use the example in the link to just send an email.....many have done this successfully now and it doesnt seem to faze them.

2. As you will both receive the DS-3032 and the USC usually receives theirs first, you can fax or scan then email a copy of yours to your spouse.....they then complete it and send to the address on the instructions. It states on the instructions that you can do this.

3 Your spouse waits for their copy and then forwards.

If you read up on that thread in the link you will find lots of helpful information.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Thanks for your help....

tshah

If you look at the link in my signature to the NVC timesavers and James Shortcuts, in the first post it tells you how to find out your case number. But to answer your question.......yes you have to wait until they assign a case number before you can do anything. The time a petition takes to reach NVC and is entered into the system varies, but on average around 2 weeks. It could be sooner or later. Once you have your case number you can start to self/generate the various forms/bills if you choose to use James Shortcuts. You need to keep calling the automated number to find out when things are generated.

There are a few ways you can tackle the DS-3032 choice of agent.

1. You can use the example in the link to just send an email.....many have done this successfully now and it doesnt seem to faze them.

2. As you will both receive the DS-3032 and the USC usually receives theirs first, you can fax or scan then email a copy of yours to your spouse.....they then complete it and send to the address on the instructions. It states on the instructions that you can do this.

3 Your spouse waits for their copy and then forwards.

If you read up on that thread in the link you will find lots of helpful information.

Lorelle

Thanks Lorelle....

How would I know whether my K3 petition has moved from NVC to foreign consulate? Is there anyway I can track that? I got my NOA2 last weekend.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.