KHPerfectMatch

Cairo Interview Completed - Success!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

A'salaamu Alaikum,

:dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance:

I just finished chatting with H and he said he had to wait for 4 hours to meet with the CO, but that his time with her lasted about 5 minutes. They took all his paperwork when he arrived at 7:30am made him pay the 55LE for the DHL envelope, did his fingerprints and then he sat for 4 hours waiting. He is not sure but he thinks perhaps EVERYONE IN EGYPT was at the Embassy... hahahahahahahahaha

His CO was a nice young woman (he said there was another one who was down right scary looking!).... she asked him if he wanted to do the interview in English or Arabic, and he said Arabic... (he was so nervous)... she then said, "your paperwork says you speak great English, (I had mentioned in our "how we met letter" that we had no communication problems because he was a graduate of Victoria College) so we will do the interview in English". He said "OK" and they did it all in English, which he shocked himself by having NO PROBLEMS with it... Alhamdulillah....

She asked how we met, she asked him about the various names I go by (Legal, nickname, and Muslim name)...he explained to her who calls me which... She asked him for my parents names, he gave the Mr. and Mrs. answer (not first names), and showed them an email they had sent him welcoming him to the family. She asked if he had met my son (arab american 20 years old), he told he had not, but that my son knew about him and approved. (I forgot to send him the letter my son wrote to me telling me this.) She then asked him about my visits to Egypt. She asked him if we stayed together when I was in Egypt. (she knows I'm Muslim) He told her that we did stay together and that because we could not do this without marriage, we are already married Orfy. She said, OK.

They kept everything he had taken (photos of us, emails, my boarding passes from my last trip etc.) except they gave him back his birth certificate and military record.

She then had him swear that he will marry me when he arrives in USA (hey what about me!!!) and then told him that he will receive his passport and visa in about 3 weeks. Told him congratulations and sent him on his way.

The man he sat with was not so lucky. He is engaged to his brother's wife's sister. (his brother is married to an American and now he's planning to marry her sister)... He was told to take his passport with him after the interview and they would contact him in 6 weeks to see if they needed it again... (didn't sound very promising).

Now comes the next phase of waiting.... and of course looking at airline tickets, selling his belongings, and spending time with family before he leaves....

Thanks to everyone who gave me support and advice during these last few days... I can't believe it all went so fast after waiting SO long to get to this point...

Wa'salaam,

Karamella

P.S. If anyone is curious I did NOT send ANY of my own personal documents for H to carry with him today (Birth certificate, divorce papers, passport, etc.)... as people told me I should. I had emailed the embassy long ago and they told me this was NOT needed and sure enough no one asked for it today...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:dance: :dance: ] congratulations Karamella :dance: :dance:

I'm so happy for you

Inshaallah he will get his visa soon .

my best wishes for you (F)

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

I'm so anxious about getting him a one way ticket (to save his money) and also to find a seat! Many of the Egypt air flights in July are FULL in economy section...I'm so thrilled about the Delta option. But if he flies on from JFK to the West Coast he'll only have a 2 hour layover... Which if the flight leaves late from Cairo could be a REAL time crunch... (no tailwinds coming West). Also don't know if he's on Delta all the way if the luggage has to be inspected in JFK (pretty sure of this) which also means more time...

He's begging me to come meet him at JFK but I think that would just be more $ and time than we should spend for a flight change, and now with his new confidence in his English skills maybe he won't be daunted by dealing with JFK on his own.

He spent around 12 years studying at Victoria College in English, but that was nearly 30 years ago so I'm really PROUD Of him for stepping up and doing the whole interview in English today.. (maybe I WILL be able to get him to speak English here!!!!) :)

Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

K :dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations !!!!!!

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

congratulations! I do hope they keep to the 3 week wait! We've seen people wait for months who were told that *but* recently they've been getting better so inchallah all will go well!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm so anxious about getting him a one way ticket (to save his money) and also to find a seat! Many of the Egypt air flights in July are FULL in economy section...I'm so thrilled about the Delta option. But if he flies on from JFK to the West Coast he'll only have a 2 hour layover... Which if the flight leaves late from Cairo could be a REAL time crunch... (no tailwinds coming West). Also don't know if he's on Delta all the way if the luggage has to be inspected in JFK (pretty sure of this) which also means more time...

He's begging me to come meet him at JFK but I think that would just be more $ and time than we should spend for a flight change, and now with his new confidence in his English skills maybe he won't be daunted by dealing with JFK on his own.

He spent around 12 years studying at Victoria College in English, but that was nearly 30 years ago so I'm really PROUD Of him for stepping up and doing the whole interview in English today.. (maybe I WILL be able to get him to speak English here!!!!) :)

Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

K :dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

try to check Expedia and you might find better deal . its so cheap now

good luck

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Sounds like it went great -- can't wait to see your post that the visa is in hand !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

There is always rain on the parade.... I've read enough to know that it ain't over until it's over, but one day of celebrating seems reasonable before the doom and gloom begins...

Somehow the fact that we are both in our late 40's, both Muslim, I'm previously married for MANY years to an Egyptian, (20 year old arab/american son) and we didn't meet on the internet helps me be positive that our situation perhaps more "average" in the eyes of the Consulate, but it's ANYBODY's guess.

Allahu'Alim, but for today I'm going to celebrate no matter WHAT. We've done what we can and the rest is in the Hand of Allah Sub'han'a Wa'Talla, His Will not ours. Insha'allah is all I can say and all i ever say. Alhamdulillah we are honest and did our best. May Allah help them keep their word. Ameen

congratulations! I do hope they keep to the 3 week wait! We've seen people wait for months who were told that *but* recently they've been getting better so inchallah all will go well!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
There is always rain on the parade.... I've read enough to know that it ain't over until it's over, but one day of celebrating seems reasonable before the doom and gloom begins...

Somehow the fact that we are both in our late 40's, both Muslim, I'm previously married for MANY years to an Egyptian, (20 year old arab/american son) and we didn't meet on the internet helps me be positive that our situation perhaps more "average" in the eyes of the Consulate, but it's ANYBODY's guess.

Allahu'Alim, but for today I'm going to celebrate no matter WHAT. We've done what we can and the rest is in the Hand of Allah Sub'han'a Wa'Talla, His Will not ours. Insha'allah is all I can say and all i ever say. Alhamdulillah we are honest and did our best. May Allah help them keep their word. Ameen

I'm sorry...didn't mean to rain on the parade. I think I still have nervous ticks from my own horrendous process. Inshallah you will be fine and from what you have said I bet it will even be less than 3 weeks!!! :dance::dance:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.