KHPerfectMatch

Cairo Interview Completed - Success!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I am so happy for you both this is wonderful news!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! to you both!! :thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::yes::yes:

AJ1

7/17/2005----I met the love of my life.

1/18/2006----Arrived in Egypt to visit my love.

5/11/2006----Sent I129F.

6/15/2006----Recieved NOA1.

6/22/2006----Recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/12/2006----Replied to RFE (IMBRA) Sent back.

7/17/2006----Our 1 year Anniversary!!!!

7/19/2006----VSC recieved RFE (IMBRA).

7/20/2006----touched

8/18/2006----touched

8/18/2006----NOA2!!!!!! THANK YOU GOD!!!!

8/18/2006----VSC sent our petition to NVC.

8/19/2006----touched

8/22/2006----NVC recieved our petition.

8/23/2006----NVC sent our petition to Cairo Embassy.

8/25/2006----Recieved NOA2 Approval letter in the mail.

8/28/2006----Recieved NVC letter with new case number.

8/31/2006----Cairo Embassy recieved our petition.

9/24/2006----I emailed the Embassy reguarding my fiance's packet 3.

10/17/2006--Cairo sent packet 3 for the second time to my fiance. First one was never recieved.

10/19/2006--Packet 3 recieved.

12/20/2006--Packet 3 sent.

12/21/2006--Cairo Embassy recieved packet 3.

2/21/2007---Packet 4 recieved.

3/12/2007---Interview (He Passed)!

3/12/2007---Administrative Processing begins.............God please help me get through this!

7/17/2007---Our 2 Year Anniversay!!!

10/23/2007--7 months and 2 weeks of A/P and still waiting..........God help me!

4/22/2008---2nd Interview ( keep us in your prayers)

4/22/2008--He was approved for the Visa 2-3 weeks until he recieves it in the mail lets hope so!!

6/03/2008--VISA IN HAND! Thank you god!

7/03/2008--Our Wedding Day!

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I'm so anxious about getting him a one way ticket (to save his money) and also to find a seat! Many of the Egypt air flights in July are FULL in economy section...I'm so thrilled about the Delta option. But if he flies on from JFK to the West Coast he'll only have a 2 hour layover... Which if the flight leaves late from Cairo could be a REAL time crunch... (no tailwinds coming West). Also don't know if he's on Delta all the way if the luggage has to be inspected in JFK (pretty sure of this) which also means more time...

He's begging me to come meet him at JFK but I think that would just be more $ and time than we should spend for a flight change, and now with his new confidence in his English skills maybe he won't be daunted by dealing with JFK on his own.

He spent around 12 years studying at Victoria College in English, but that was nearly 30 years ago so I'm really PROUD Of him for stepping up and doing the whole interview in English today.. (maybe I WILL be able to get him to speak English here!!!!) :)

Thanks for everyone's good wishes!

K :dance::dance::dance::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Oh yeah that 2 hr layouver isn't enough time at JFK. He has to get out of the international airport and get his luggage and get checked back into an intercontinental flight and go through security all over. It might be better to just meet him at JFK stay one night and then fly back to the West Coast the next day. Summer prices are a pain! Otherwise he could fly british air through with a POE in Seattle and hop on down to Portland.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations!!! I would say give it 3-4 hours delay and that should be plenty enough. My husband's flight from Cairo to JFK landed at 235 (which is early) and he went through immigration, customs and such and rewent through security and checked luggage in and found his gate around 5pm. I hope everything works out well for you and CELEBRATE today!!!!!! The interview is a big step in this process! Hopefully for you in a few weeks you can join the "NO MORE CAIRO CLUB!"

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

The new Delta flight arrives much later in the day than the Egypt Air flight... :unsure: So I'm thinking now the Jet Blue flight would be better, since it leaves about 4 hours later. I'm just worried about him being given a hard time if he buys a one-way ticket in the US... :(

I'm still assuming that he will be allowed to buy a one way ticket from Cairo... since from all my reading it seems the ones they want to insist on forcing to buy 2 way tickets are men who haven't done their military service... (he's been done for ahhhhhhhhh like 25 years!!!!) But after 9/11 I know one way tickets are a big old RED FLAG...

Also don't know how he could buy a JetBlue ticket from Egypt.... more things to figure out... but the Cairo Embassy isn't one of them... (for the next 3 weeks at least...)

I hope I don't have to go over there and open a can of "WA" on them if they don't send that Visa in the 3 weeks... ;) But at least then we could fly back together... (lemonade....) ;)

Thanks again for the info and good wishes..

Congratulations!!! I would say give it 3-4 hours delay and that should be plenty enough. My husband's flight from Cairo to JFK landed at 235 (which is early) and he went through immigration, customs and such and rewent through security and checked luggage in and found his gate around 5pm. I hope everything works out well for you and CELEBRATE today!!!!!! The interview is a big step in this process! Hopefully for you in a few weeks you can join the "NO MORE CAIRO CLUB!"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.