w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

McCain thinks corporations pay too much tax - he will push for lower corporate taxes

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I must OBEY! Tax and spend Ovomit! :devil:

OBEY! and pay higher taxes now says Ovomit. This guy is so far left and so liberal and nothing more than a radical tax and spend liberal! :angry:

Your obsession with Obama borders on the pathological :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
OBEY! and pay higher taxes now says Ovomit. This guy is so far left and so liberal and nothing more than a radical tax and spend liberal! :angry:

Your obsession with Obama borders on the pathological :wacko:

:rofl:

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Growing with outsouring means the company adds a few more higher level jobs to manage the outsourced workers.

Growing without outsouring means the company grows at all levels, instead of just at the top.

Speaking specific to my employer, there have been investments made in our IT infrastructure that would not have been financially feasible without the economies of scale introduced by our outsourcing partner.

Without outsourcing, we still would not have MPLS, for example.

How much of the investments in IT go to companies that rely on outsouring?

I'm not saying outsourcing is bad, it creates efficiencies and growth in business. What I am saying, is that the benefits of outsourcing are not equally felt.

The people who benefit the most from efficiencies and tax cuts are shareholders and those at the mid to top levels of the organization. Everybody else sees their wages stagnate or end up being forced to look for other jobs (which likely wont pay more than what they were already making).

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
More money and jobs for everyone! :thumbs:

More jobs :dance::dance::dance: YAY!

If this was a non-profit or federal agency not trying to make money, I might agree.

However, this more jobs arguement is questionable, especially when companies like Exxon Mobil have fewer employees now (80,000) than 5 years ago (88,000). One must think, well, they must have made less money. Actually, most know about the record profits of the company and, for those who don't, Exxon's net income has doubled from a meager $21,000,000,000 to just over $40,600,000,000 in the last five years.

Now, I'm sure Exxon subs out some work, but this trend does not support the 8,000 jobs lost in the same time period.

Edited by Jack and Barbara

12-14-07 Sent K-1 petition

12-17-07 Received NOA1

01-06-08 Got engaged!!!

02-21-08 NOA2 Approved

02-27-08 NVC processed petition

02-28-08 Received NOA2 in mail

03-03-08 Consulate in Rio de Janeiro received petition

03-21-08 Received packet for interview

04-22-08 Visa Interview and Visa APPROVED!

05-06-08 Visa received in mail

07-28-08 Wedding Date (Reception was 26th, but forgot to reigster for MC...oops)

10-04-08 Applied for AOS (EAD and AP also)

10-09-08 NOA1 for I-485

10-27-08 I-485 transferred to CSC

11-04-08 I-485 Biometrics appointment

11-13-08 NOA1 for EAD

12-09-08 EAD Biometrics appointment

01-08-09 AP Approved

01-13-09 AP Received

Cost of 3 roundtrip tickets to Brazil in last 3 years...... $2,900+

Cost of filing petitions for K-1 visa & AOS.................... $1,465+

Cost of monthly calling cards to Brazil........................$20

Cost of marrying the woman of my dreams.... PRICELESS

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

You totally believe this will make more jobs, :rofl::rofl::rofl: I also have a bridge to sell you too. Rich and I mean the top 1% do not want you to make enough money to become rich, they want you to be a obedient compliant workers, so they can make even more money off the backs of normal folks. I just didn’t realize we had a lot of the 1% population here at VJ. I call people like that Wal-Mart republicans’. I sure wish I was in the 1% and I too can sell you load of goods. :devil:

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Republican White House candidate John McCain will promise on Tuesday to lower corporate tax rates if he wins the U.S. presidency.

McCain will pledge to act quickly to lower corporate taxes from "the second highest in the world to one on par with our trading partners to keep businesses and jobs in this country."

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080610/usa_politics_mccain.html

I don't know where McCain gets his information but corporate taxes in US are not the second highest in the world. Most of European countries has corporate taxes between 30 and 40%. Instead lowering taxes they should give tax brakes or something on invested money only.

Anyway, I agree that corporations shouldn't pay high taxes but they've been far behind in investing the money in new technologies and other sources of energy, they rather give more profit to shareholders. If they where smart they would make a lot of money today on a high fuel efficiency cars and not loosing money on SUV and Trucks they can't sell. Pure ignorance.

K1 TIME LINE

05/21/2007 - I129F sent to VSC

05/25/2007 - NOA1

10/10/2007 touch (change of address)

10/11/2007 touch

10/12/2007 touch

10/15/2007 NOA2 (Approved)

10/18/2007 NVC received

11/02/2007 NVC left

11/06/2007 embassy received the petition

11/07/2007 package 3 & 4 sent out

11/08/2007 medical

11/26/2007 INTERVIEW

11/30/2007 US entry POE Washington DC

12/15/2007 Wedding

01/06/2008 AOS filed

01/14/2008 SSN received

01/12/2008 Drivers licens obtained:-)

02/05/2008 biometrics appointement

03/26/2008 approval notice for EAD

03/31/2008 another approval notice for EAD (confused)

04/04/2008 EAD received

04/09/2008 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident!!!!!!!!! I guess I'll be getting my green card in the mail soon.

04/16/2008 AOS approval notice sent

04/16/2008 Green Card received!!!!!

dubrovnik.jpg

Hey, I transitioned from the outsourced IT organization into governanance. A bunch of my peers did too. People do it all the time.

But that doesnt mean everyone can. Not everyone can be a chief.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Timeline
Hey, I transitioned from the outsourced IT organization into governanance. A bunch of my peers did too. People do it all the time.

But that doesnt mean everyone can. Not everyone can be a chief.

I'm no chief, chief.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

More tax savings = more profitability. That is the only guarantee in lowering corporate taxes.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.