sukie175

Huge Row

52 posts in this topic

:( Hubby and I have had a big row, I don't want to go into full details here but it started off with me not being ready to go somewhere on time, due to my ongoing health problems with my stomach, so he was pissed. This then led him into me spending too much time on the PC when he is at work, to which I pointed out 'so what, it's not like I can work is it'.

I then told him a few home truths like - we live in the back of bloody beyond with nothing to do, I have left all my family & friends and can't see my friends here every single day. I do everything I need to do around here like housework, laundry, gardening, cooking etc. He is knackered when he gets home and just sits goggled eye in front of the TV not talking too much - so where the hell I am supposed to get my mental stimulation from, if not from the PC!!! VJ helps to keep my brain going and me sane, being with others in like situations.

We were supposed to be down at the old house getting ready for our Garage Sale, but he has stormed off and left me here to go do it....leaving me with nothing to do again and taking our time together away :(

Tomorrow night he has his band practice, so no time for me again. I don't know whether to cry or rage, I am just so frustrated he can't seem to understand what I am going through. I left a high pressure responsible job to be a housewife happily, but I still need some mental stimulation or I'll go mad here in the middle of nowhere!

I called Danette (another VJ'er) who lives up the road to chat and she totally hears where I am coming from. Right now I wish I was with her driving to Canada :(

I just needed to offload people.

Sarah

Edited by sukie175

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Sarah,

I feel you. Even though I am the USC I have been home over a year now with my pregnancy and the baby...while hubby works in London to pay the bills. I do my consulting from home though and that helps.

I know you don't have your EAD, and can't drive...right? How about some sort of web-based volunteering though? I don't know your level of skills but nonprofits need lots of web expertise. I think that might be a way for you to feel really good about what your doing...hubby maybe recognize the contribution you're making...and build an American resume.

I know when Paul comes here and we reverse the roles...I'm going to make sure he has time to volunteer at our Y...cause he wants to switch careers to personal trainer. So he'll have the on-line courses. (OH!!! I forgot that one...is there something you always dreamt of doing that you could train online for...Paul is going to get his certifiation as a personal trainer and specialize in chldren and one day I'm going to become a doula...you can get ALOT of certificates online now.)

But that's all that keeps me going is knowing that I will have the chance to support him as he has been supporting us.

I hope you and hubby can work this through. I would be missing England too...if it weren't for my other kids I would rather move over there. It is so much prettier...and more civilized.

Hugs

sister sarah, it is good to vent..and all couples have a period of adjustments..both people ...sanita and i ahve had our differences..but i think understanding is the key..i paly the devil advocate and write for your husband..no reflection on you sarah..he left cause ..first staying would have led to more issues and anger..2nd, maybe by telling him this ..the guilt that he feels for your sacrifices upset him.. then again..maybe, i need to shut the ** up...dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sukes... I am so sorry that you and hubby had a huge fight... my thoughts are with you...

hopefully when he returns, you guys can sit down and talk peaceably and come to an understanding.

*hugs*

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Aw Sarah. :( I'm sorry to hear about the row. Sometimes I think it'd be easier if the USC could walk in the non USC's shoes for once. I really think that posts like yours will help us in the future, so I for one appreciate it.

But I'm sorry you a fight with hubby! :(

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Sarah,

Danette called me earlier and told me about your"row". I understand where you are coming from. Just hang in there!!!!!!! I am sure Gary will chill a bit and everything will be OK.

And I wish I was going to Canada with Danette too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I have to work.

Hang in there.

Bruce

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

((((Sarah)))

You are not alone. And Dean you raise a great point playing devils advocate with regard to the guilt he might feel. I had not thought of that.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Thanks for your comments and Dean I see where you are coming from too. Bruce thanks for the comment, you know us both well, so that means alot.

We started to work through it and then rowed again, we are both very stubborn and passionate, so this may take awhile.

Sarah

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

awwww hugs Sarah. I'll PM you..

and PS...I soooooooooooooooo know where you're coming from as to both being stubborn and it may take a while... :whistle: M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope it all works itself out tonight, best of luck. Chin up and remember you both have points and I so know what you mean about being stubborn. Don't let that stubborness get in the way, I know it causes me and my SO a problem too. Chin up.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
We started to work through it and then rowed again, we are both very stubborn and passionate, so this may take awhile.

Sarah

Well, just keep talking even though it's hard -- the silent treatment never gets you anything but a really bad headache. :(

Sorry you're having a rough day. Rural Oklahoma can be beautiful, but also very hard to deal with when in your position. (I can't remember if you are in the northeast or northwest). It will get easier, I promise -- just give yourself some time to process everything. hang in there girly!!!! (F)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Tomorrow night he has his band practice, so no time for me again.

Is band practice no girls allowed?

I wondered the same thing. He should include you in things he is passionate about if he can. Might just bring you closer.

SA4userbar.jpg