Sign in to follow this  
KnightAndLynx

Check Not Yet Cashed

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone. I'm not entirely new here, this is an alternative account since my original got locked out for 10,000 minutes or something obscene like that.

I don't recommend losing your info.

Second, I had to resubmit our paperwork for the K1 visa (long story). For round 1, it was submitted in December 07. It was submitted on the 8th and was received on the 12th or 14th, with the NOA 1 coming in on the 23rd.

Anyway, the second time, I submitted on May 21st, and here it is 18 days later. My check has not yet been cashed. I read something about there being a backlog? Is anyone else still waiting or, as usual, am I the guy who gets singled out by Fate and bludgeoned by Chance? @_@

I'm with the CSC.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

:lol: Charles!

Ummm scratchhead.gif ...ok so if you filed in December and have an NOA1 date from then why did you file again? You say it's a 'long story' but you can't just submit another application without withdrawing the first and i'm sure that takes some time.

The 'backlog' you mentioned is from last years July fee increase. Both centers are pretty much caught up except for a handful of those still waiting. There are people from December still waiting.

So I guess if you did withdraw your initial application correctly and filed again for whatever reason your check should be cashed by CSC by now and I would surely call them about it.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
:lol: Charles!

Ummm scratchhead.gif ...ok so if you filed in December and have an NOA1 date from then why did you file again? You say it's a 'long story' but you can't just submit another application without withdrawing the first and i'm sure that takes some time.

The 'backlog' you mentioned is from last years July fee increase. Both centers are pretty much caught up except for a handful of those still waiting. There are people from December still waiting.

So I guess if you did withdraw your initial application correctly and filed again for whatever reason your check should be cashed by CSC by now and I would surely call them about it.

No applications have been filed. The I-129F is a petition. I know this sounds like nit picking but it's really important. The petition may have been withdrawn or rejected for any number of reasons. Without knowing the circumstances and/or reasons we really can't reliably speculate on any connection between the previous petition and the new check not being cashed yet. It could be as much a holiday delay as anything. There's nothing to be done now but wait anyway.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Also remember if you didn't put a 42 cent stamp on the envelope - ah yes the plot thickens. :lol: Just relax, it will be cashed soon. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Oh sorry, yes... the "petition" I'm pretty sure those reading knew what I was talking about but thanks for the correction. I'll be sure to be more precise with my terminology since you say it's really important.

There is no speculation on my part about why the check has not cleared. Based on others timelines comparible to the OP, the check should have been cleared by now.

Based on the other information in the original post, there could be any number of things going on which is why I said what I did.

As is often the case, we really need more information. My response was intended to address issues brought up in the original post without speculation BUT while keeping in mind what could be obvious circumstances.

In any case i'm not going to be the one telling them to sit back and wait it out only to find out that it never got there and they have to re-file yet again. Not when everyone else who has filed by that date is well on their way. There is no reason they can't call to see if the petition has at least been received.

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
Hey everyone. I'm not entirely new here, this is an alternative account since my original got locked out for 10,000 minutes or something obscene like that.

I don't recommend losing your info.

Second, I had to resubmit our paperwork for the K1 visa (long story). For round 1, it was submitted in December 07. It was submitted on the 8th and was received on the 12th or 14th, with the NOA 1 coming in on the 23rd.

Anyway, the second time, I submitted on May 21st, and here it is 18 days later. My check has not yet been cashed. I read something about there being a backlog? Is anyone else still waiting or, as usual, am I the guy who gets singled out by Fate and bludgeoned by Chance? @_@

I'm with the CSC.

If there is a problem with your other account please PM me and I will fix it :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

Hey, they got it. They just haven't had a chance to cash it yet, but I got my receipt number and stuff from talking to the lady. Odd thing is, I'm still looking at another 2 weeks for the actual NOA1. But this is just frosting on the cake for me now =D

Ewok! Prepare, you little bear-man, for a PM is incoming faster than an AT-ST tromping through Endor.

:o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.