8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello my visa friends. I have a very important question for those who would know. Some of you may be aware of my case.

I have had my I-130 petition pending for over one year. I have never filed for the K-3 for me and my wife. I never met my wife on a marriage broker site. I met her on a free dating site to meet singles. Will Imbra apply to me?

I know on the K-3 i will have to admit to one conviction from 12 years ago. Since then i have proved my self good charector. My wife knows my conviction from the past. It was not a violent act or abuse.

My question is should I go ahead and file the K-3 and disclose my history since i alredy feel USCIS knows because its taking over a year since my petition has been pending?

I waas thinking is i go ahaed and file the K-3 I can come forward and disclose my past and avoid any possiable denail of the petition.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello my visa friends. I have a very important question for those who would know. Some of you may be aware of my case.

I have had my I-130 petition pending for over one year. I have never filed for the K-3 for me and my wife. I never met my wife on a marriage broker site. I met her on a free dating site to meet singles. Will Imbra apply to me?

I know on the K-3 i will have to admit to one conviction from 12 years ago. Since then i have proved my self good charector. My wife knows my conviction from the past. It was not a violent act or abuse.

My question is should I go ahead and file the K-3 and disclose my history since i alredy feel USCIS knows because its taking over a year since my petition has been pending?

I waas thinking is i go ahaed and file the K-3 I can come forward and disclose my past and avoid any possiable denail of the petition.

Disclosing your past conviction is going to depend on if you are the petitioner or the beneficiary. The USC petitioner does not have to disclose any prior convictions to the USCIS/NVC.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Disclosing your past conviction is going to depend on if you are the petitioner or the beneficiary. The USC petitioner does not have to disclose any prior convictions to the USCIS/NVC.

They do if they must answer yes to the specific IMBRA related criminal past question on the new I-129F.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They do if they must answer yes to the specific IMBRA related criminal past question on the new I-129F.

Ok. sorry about that, did not know about this IMBRA stuff :whistle:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm the us citizen filing for my wife. So if i answer yes this means i may have to file a imbra wavier with my K-3.

Waiver of what? The only waiver under IMBRA that I am aware of is multiple petitions filings....

If you answer "yes" to any of the conviction questions, this information is to be disclosed to the alien not a "waiver" situation.

It is Adam Walsh that potentially makes a USC ineligible to petition and I am not sure if the provisions in Adam Walsh are waiverable or not....

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you dont want to cause any delay to your case then here is what I suggest, 1) Do list any convictions that you have if they are mentioned on the I 129f, granted you might not have more than 1 it is still better to list it because if you have one and if you dont list it they might go ahead and ask you to provide your record anyway. 2) Get Certified police reports from whatever state the conviction was in. In order to obtain certified police reports you must go to your local police station and get finger prints taken, general cost is 10 dollars. Once you have your fingerprint card you can go to your state police department if you live in that state, or you can get the forms you need to request the record from their online site then mail your request in.Cost is about 15-25 dollars depending on the state. Normal turnaround for this is 1 - 2 weeks depending on the state. The 2 weeks it takes in getting these could save you a month if you dont get an RFE for them. From what i have seen on here there is no waiver needed for your normal run of the mill convictions, they just want t o make sure your wife is informed about your past. For the most part it really applies more to K1 applicants because they have not married the petitioner yet so if they werent aware of these things they can back out.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just noticed that you are way out processing times, have you called and told them you are out of processng times and requested a Service request? Sending in a I-129f a year later is not really going to help anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.