rebelsoul

Urgent Help!! I need to submit more evidence

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey all,

I need to have your feedback on this, as we need to prepare the documents in no time.

Basically, we got an RFE for not enough evidence of ongoing relationship. What we had submitted was some 20 pictures. it seems this is considered as secondary evidence. we were never aware that photos are secondary.

Here is what we have, and i want to know from your experience whether it will be enough; problem is that we cannot think of anything else.

- first, the photos we submitted are not "film-dated", we will try getting a couple of film dated pictures to resubmit as secondary evidence. But if we don't find such pictures, do you think non "film-date" pictures are not even considered as secondary evidence? or are the 20 pictures good enough if we submit good primary evidence?

- Second, since we traveled together one year ago, do you think this constitutes a prove of that:

* we still have the e-ticket, showing both of us on the same plane air flight number.

* i don't have the boarding pass anymore, but she still has hers.

* we both have passport stamps of entry and exit with date (i'll need to officially translate the stamp to english).

- if the above i not enough, we are trying to contact the airline company, to send us a signed/official letter certifying that we both boarded on that flight. do you think that will help? is it necessary?

- Finally, she still has the airplane ticket = boarding pass of her coming to Lebanon and we can put the description, that she came from the u.s. to spend time with me. I know this is one is not strong strong evidence.

But all in all, what do you think? I am so worried :unsure:

Soulmates never die

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Absolutely send copies of passport stamps, e-tickets, boarding passes. Those are nearly impossible to fake and are good primary evidence. Any documentation that can prove you were both in the same place at the same time helps--credit card information, receipts, etc. What they are looking for is evidence that you met within the LAST TWO YEARS and so anything that's officially dated is awesome. (That's why pictures aren't really helpful. You can cheat with them.) I sent passport stamps of my visits to America, my visas for each visit (J1 thrice, B1/B2 once), Chris's boarding passes and arrival/departure card when he visited Bangkok. I also sent copies of bills we received at our apartment, highlighting the identical address (with each of our names). Those are dated and also strong evidence.

Don't forget to send the copy of your original petition with the additional evidence.

AOS, EAD and AP Journey

* Married on March 18, 2009.

* Papers mailed on May 8, 2009, arrived at Chicago lockbox on May 10, 2009

* Check cashed on May 14, 2009.

* NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP issued on May 14, 2009 and received on May 18, 2009.

* Biometrics letter received on May 20, 2009.

* Biometrics appointment on June 4, 2009 at 8 am.

* EAD and AOS touched on June 5, 2009.

* EAD card production ordered and AP approved on June 17, 2009.

* EAD card received on June 25, 2009.

* AP received on June 26, 2009.

* Celebrating five years as a couple with much-delayed reception on June 27, 2009. What a journey it has been.

* Case transferred to CSC on July 14, 2009.

* Received noticed that case is pending at CSC on July 21, 2009.

* AOS touched on July 31, 2009.

* Card production orderd on August 12, 2009.

* Green Card received on August 21, 2009.

Timeline
Don't forget to send the copy of your original petition with the additional evidence.

are you sure we need this? on the RFE they tell us to only send the additional evidence with the "blue page", i.e. the opne having the application original reference number...

Soulmates never die

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You do NOT need to send a copy of your entire petition. DO mark on the outside of the envelope that it is a RFE for an I-129 petition.

All of the information you need is in the guides...

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum,

but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. 1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a company such as kodakgallery.com. You can also make duplicates of photo's at your local photo store (Walgreeens, CVS, etc). Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

You need to send all of your travel documentation. Passport stamps should have been sent with your original petition so they are a must!

good luck

timeline.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
You do NOT need to send a copy of your entire petition. DO mark on the outside of the envelope that it is a RFE for an I-129 petition.

All of the information you need is in the guides...

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum,

but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. 1. Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

2. Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a company such as kodakgallery.com. You can also make duplicates of photo's at your local photo store (Walgreeens, CVS, etc). Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of phone bills, cell phone bills, emails (you can edit personal info with a marker), letters (edit personal info also), stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

You need to send all of your travel documentation. Passport stamps should have been sent with your original petition so they are a must!

good luck

You are going to have problems all along the process if you don't stop with the "basically" and bad interpretations. You were not basically given an RFE about ongoing relationship evidence. You were given an RFE specifically and exactly for the reasons stated in your RFE. You neglected to provide primary evidence of meeting within the past two years.

Evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship is what the beneficiary brings to the interview.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Whoops. Messed up. I apologize.

AOS, EAD and AP Journey

* Married on March 18, 2009.

* Papers mailed on May 8, 2009, arrived at Chicago lockbox on May 10, 2009

* Check cashed on May 14, 2009.

* NOAs for AOS, EAD, and AP issued on May 14, 2009 and received on May 18, 2009.

* Biometrics letter received on May 20, 2009.

* Biometrics appointment on June 4, 2009 at 8 am.

* EAD and AOS touched on June 5, 2009.

* EAD card production ordered and AP approved on June 17, 2009.

* EAD card received on June 25, 2009.

* AP received on June 26, 2009.

* Celebrating five years as a couple with much-delayed reception on June 27, 2009. What a journey it has been.

* Case transferred to CSC on July 14, 2009.

* Received noticed that case is pending at CSC on July 21, 2009.

* AOS touched on July 31, 2009.

* Card production orderd on August 12, 2009.

* Green Card received on August 21, 2009.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Send everything you can no matter how small you think it is.

We sent in

pictures - written dates on the back plus a description of what was going on at the time

phone records - from the time we met

emails - sent about 5 from each month since we met

plane ticket stubs

bag tag stubs

a copy of every page of my passport showing all the times ive entered Lebanon

rental car receipts

restaurant receipts

museum receipts

ATM receipts

I think this was about it.....

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

From what you state, you lack proof of a relationship , not lack of proof of having met. These are different items, while photos can show you have met, photos can not normally show, unless they are from drastically different times over a lengthy perode, proof of a relationship.

For this things like phone bills , emails show better then pictures a relationship. Or visa stamps from a number of trips. Copies of yahoo conversation. Any thing that shows you have a ongoing communication and a relationship.

Feb. 27 2008 Petition mailed to VSC via USPS

Mar 3 Delivered VSC

Mar 28 2008 2nd Petition mailed to VSC via USPS first one must be lost.

Mar 31 2008 VSC Received.

Apr 9 Check Cleared.

Apr 9 NOA1

Apr 13 Touched.

Apr 14 Touched.

May 6 Touched

May 7 Touched

July 14 NOA2 (4 months 2 weeks 3 days after it was sent)

July 16 Received NVC.

July 18 Shipped NVC

July 21 DHL Received.

July 23 Delivered Kiev Embassy.

Aug 1 In embassy system, assume they sent packet, can schedule interview.

Aug 4 Schedule interview earliest date is Sept 22.

Sep 22 Interview Date (Approved)

Sep 25 Visa arrives in mail.

Oct 6 Alyona Arrives Dallas.

Nov 28 Married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Total days waiting for our future, 7 months 1 week 3 days.

Dec 16,2008 AOS Sent Fedx to Chicago

Dec 17,2008 AOS Recieved.

Dec 22,2008 NOA2 Date

Dec 23,2008 Check Cashed.

Dec 26,2008 NOA2's arive in mail.

Dec 31,2008 Biometric arives in mail.

Jan 14,2009 Biometric Appointment.

Apr 10, 2009 Interview

Apr 20,2009 Conditional green card production ordered.

Apr 28,2009 Green card arrived.

Citizenship

2012-01-19 Applied

2012-01-28 NOA

2012-02-13 Bio.

2012-04-19 Interview

2012-04-19 Oath

Timeline
From what you state, you lack proof of a relationship , not lack of proof of having met. These are different items, while photos can show you have met, photos can not normally show, unless they are from drastically different times over a lengthy perode, proof of a relationship.

For this things like phone bills , emails show better then pictures a relationship. Or visa stamps from a number of trips. Copies of yahoo conversation. Any thing that shows you have a ongoing communication and a relationship.

The OP misstated the contents of the RFE. They failed to provide primary evidence of meeting.

K1 cases are not RFE'd for evidence of ongoing relationship because sending it isn't required.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
Hey all,

I need to have your feedback on this, as we need to prepare the documents in no time.

Basically, we got an RFE for not enough evidence of ongoing relationship. What we had submitted was some 20 pictures. it seems this is considered as secondary evidence. we were never aware that photos are secondary.

Here is what we have, and i want to know from your experience whether it will be enough; problem is that we cannot think of anything else.

- first, the photos we submitted are not "film-dated", we will try getting a couple of film dated pictures to resubmit as secondary evidence. But if we don't find such pictures, do you think non "film-date" pictures are not even considered as secondary evidence? or are the 20 pictures good enough if we submit good primary evidence?

- Second, since we traveled together one year ago, do you think this constitutes a prove of that:

* we still have the e-ticket, showing both of us on the same plane air flight number.

* we both have passport stamps of entry and exit with date (i'll need to officially translate the stamp to english).

- if the above i not enough, we are trying to contact the airline company, to send us a signed/official letter certifying that we both boarded on that flight. do you think that will help? is it necessary?

- Finally, she still has the airplane ticket = boarding pass of her coming to Lebanon and we can put the description, that she came from the u.s. to spend time with me. I know this is one is not strong strong evidence.

*Being* on a plane at the same time doesn't necessarily mean that you met. *Being* in the same country at the same time doesn't either. You will need to demonstrate that you were together. The photos might show you met in person, but without a date does it prove the requirement that you "met in person within the last X number of months? ;) Think of the evidentiary requirement as a picture,and your evidence as the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle. What pieces of evidence do you have that can complete the picture?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline
Hey all,

*Being* on a plane at the same time doesn't necessarily mean that you met. *Being* in the same country at the same time doesn't either. You will need to demonstrate that you were together. The photos might show you met in person, but without a date does it prove the requirement that you "met in person within the last X number of months? ;) Think of the evidentiary requirement as a picture,and your evidence as the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle. What pieces of evidence do you have that can complete the picture?

While a combination of evidence is preferrable and usually available, USCIS will take evidence people were in the same country at the same time as the primary evidence of meeting. Usually there are pictures or other evidence to go with it or multiple evidence of the same thing like boarding passes AND passport stamps. Then if you put pictures of the two together that are good enough to see its the same two people in the passport pictures submitted, it's good enough.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Hey all,

While a combination of evidence is preferrable and usually available, USCIS will take evidence people were in the same country at the same time as the primary evidence of meeting. Usually there are pictures or other evidence to go with it or multiple evidence of the same thing like boarding passes AND passport stamps. Then if you put pictures of the two together that are good enough to see its the same two people in the passport pictures submitted, it's good enough.

Proof of ongoing fiance/e relationship would be emails, letters, phone logs, engagement ring receipts (ahem!), additional visits to your SO in their country

Proof of traveling and having met your fiance/e within the last two years would be any airline itineraries or ticket stubs, dated photographs, receipts for restaurants or other attractions visited together (you can submit photos that are undeniably of the attraction or the restaurant, with the two of you together in said photo), hotel receipts, and anything else that can place you with your SO within the last two years.

Think of it this way. You are in a court case and you are the defendant. Your whole case hinges on whether you were with your SO at a certain time. The prosecutor has just cast reasonable doubt that you were in a certain location at a certain time with a certain person. You now have the burden of proof, and must prove to a judge that you were with your SO in that time frame. Prove that you are only guilty of being with your SO at that time.

D&J

05-26-2006: Engaged!!

DHS/USCIS - I-129F

02-26-2007: Petition Mailed to TSC via Express Mail

03-06-2007: NOA1 "Notice"

03-07-2007: Check cashed (posted 03-12-2007)

03-12-2007: NOA1 Received in Mail from CSC

06-11-2007: NOA2 Received in Mail from CSC

NVC

06-22-2007: NVC Received Case

06-26-2007: NVC Sent to Manila Embassy (got DOS Case #)

07-02-2007: Received Letter from NVC, dated June 27, 2007

USE-Manila

06-26-2007: USE received case electronically

07-05-2007: USE received hard copy of case from NVC

07-31-2007: J receivied Packet 4

08-16/17-2007: J did early Medical Review at St. Luke's

09-10-2007: Interview Approved!

09-14-2007: Visa in HAND!!

02/21/2008: USA Arrival

03/29/2008: Wedding!

05/12/2008: Mailed AOS via Express Mail

05/21/2008: Check clears our bank account

05/22/2008: Touch on all three apps

05/23/2008: NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP arrives from MSC (notice date 5/19/08)

05/24/2008: Received Biometrics Appt. Letter

06/16/2008: Biometrics Appt. at Durham Office

06/17/2008: EAD & AOS touched

07/21/2008: AP "Approval Notice Sent" & EAD "Card Production Ordered" via CRIS Email

07/25/2008: 2 copies of AP approval form received in snail mail, dated 7/21/08

07/28/2008: EAD Card arrives in mail; CRIS email sent I765 (EAD) "Approval Notice Sent"

11/25/2008: Received Appt. Letter dated 11/18/2008 (Appt. is 1/13/09)

01/13/2009: AOS Interview approved

01/20/2009: AOS Approval Notice received

01/23/2009: 2-year Green Card received

Timeline
Hey all,

Proof of ongoing fiance/e relationship would be emails, letters, phone logs, engagement ring receipts (ahem!), additional visits to your SO in their country

Proof of traveling and having met your fiance/e within the last two years would be any airline itineraries or ticket stubs, dated photographs, receipts for restaurants or other attractions visited together (you can submit photos that are undeniably of the attraction or the restaurant, with the two of you together in said photo), hotel receipts, and anything else that can place you with your SO within the last two years.

Think of it this way. You are in a court case and you are the defendant. Your whole case hinges on whether you were with your SO at a certain time. The prosecutor has just cast reasonable doubt that you were in a certain location at a certain time with a certain person. You now have the burden of proof, and must prove to a judge that you were with your SO in that time frame. Prove that you are only guilty of being with your SO at that time.

THANK YOU all for your replies which helped us collect further evidence!

Here is what we are able and will submit tomorrow:

- passport stamps entering and exiting on same days.

- proof that we were on same plane (boarding pass, document provided by airline company).

- double e-ticket with both our names on it.

- a picture of us in the destination country (egypt), next to pyramids, so it becomes undeniable ;)

- mention (reminder) of the original proof we had sent (some 15 pictures with the date and place written on their back).

- printout of a a few recent email communication.

what do you think about our status now??

Soulmates never die

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hey all,

- proof that we were on same plane (boarding pass, document provided by airline company).

- a picture of us in the destination country (egypt), next to pyramids, so it becomes undeniable ;)

- mention (reminder) of the original proof we had sent (some 15 pictures with the date and place written on their back).

If both of you travelled to Egypt, where did you stay? Hotel receipts? Rental Car? Tickets to tours you had? Also you mentioned she visited you in lebanon, again.. where did she stay? Any chance of receipts for that, receipts of credit cards used? receipts of ATM use there?

All these things I submitted along with itineraries of each trip, pictures with details written the back of each even some grocery receipts :blush:

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Timeline
Hey all,

I think you have enough but remember, printouts of email communication have nothing to do with evidence of meeting. You can save those for showing a bona fide ongoing relationship at interview time.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.