ladybutterfly

Anyone used 'Proactiv?'

48 posts in this topic

Im 28 now and all my life I have suffered from acne. I have tried everything you possibly could try and nothing ever works for me. 7 weeks ago I decided to try "Proactiv" after seeing it being advertised by so many celebs who claim it has all worked for them. I have been following the instructions religiously but have seen hardly any results. So, I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it and whether it worked for them or if not, does anyone have any great tips for clearing up bad skin? Its really getting me down ....

LONDON TO CALIFORNIA ....

K1

May 5th 05 - K1 petition sent to CSC

August 23rd 05 - Visa Approved!!!

AOS and EAD

December 5th 05 - AOS and EAD sent

December 16th 05 - NOA's received for both AOS and EAD

December 31st 05 - Receive letter for AOS interview

February 6th 06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

February 16th 06 - Biometrics Appointment

February 22nd 06 - EAD Approved via e mail

February 27th 06 - EAD card in mail!!!

March 6th 06 - Got a job!

March 17th 06 - Green Card Approval via e mail

March 18th 06 - 'Welcome to America' letter arrives

March 24th 06 - Green Card Arrives!

"Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world.

For indeed, that's all who ever have."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I know the feeling, I havent tried it but have thought about it. Now that I read your post I will stick with what works for me, Neutrogena oil fee acne wash, it seems to be the best one, and when I have sever breakouts, plain old Dial soap straight to the face, it really dries out your face so I dont use it unless I have alot of breakouts. I have also heard major raves about that Mario Badescu's pink drying lotion, I was thinking about trying that as well.

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/03/06-Recieved I-130 @TSC forwarded to CSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

02/09/07-CASE COMPLETED!!!!!!

02/13/07-Case forwarded to Dublin Embassy!!!

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

04/26/07- VISA in Hand!!!!

July-2007-Niall finishes work & comes home!!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline
Oh, it's wonderful! Get it!

Honestly, it's miracle stuff.

You mean proactive?

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

We had delays in our journey that were not part of the immigration process, please do not use our "timeline" as an accurate guide!

Timeline

Kewl, I wouldnt mind trying it, I seen they sell it here in the wally world, so atleast I wouldnt get stuck in one of those monthly club deals just for buying something ya know. I did switch my make up to this stuff called sheer cover, its similar to the bare mineral stuff, all powders, I Love it! very light on my face. nothing Wes would be interested in....LOL, but I thought maybe some of the ladies might like to hear about it.

I-130

03/29/06-Mailed to TSC

04/05/06-NOA1

04/11/06-Recieved NOA1

07/18/06-NOA-2- Approved

04/26/07-Interveiw!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had the worst acne in my 20's ---- giant sebaceous cysts. It was emotionally painful. I tried proactive and it did work some....what eventually got rid of the acne though was serious skincare (sylvester stallone's wife's line). Its sold on Home Shopping Network. My skin is now clear with an occasional chin pimple after my period leaves. Good luck. I know how you feel.

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

my daughter used it.. .. Proavtive.. worked for about 4 months for her.. then. augh... back to square one... . note she is 13.. .. not a fun age to get zits..

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

My Niece uses it, she is 12. The problem is, if she stops using it for even one day, then its back to square one. Its a great product as long as you use it religiously. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

A friend of mine has a daughter who uses Arbonne's Clear Advantage line, and she swears by it. Says it has made SUCH a difference in her skin. (Link in my siggy. :)

My ex used Proactiv for a while but found it dried out the rest of his skin too much. Wish I had known about Arbonne then! Could have helped him!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Exactly what everyone else said, you have to use it continuously. If you stop using it for one day or don't use it exactly as the directions specify, it doesn't do a thing for you. I have about a 6 months worth supply under my bathroom cabinet. I would love to have the money back I spent on that stuff. Definitely not worth it in my book.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

A friend (female) uses it and swears by it. I have never tried it though.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I'm too scared to try it cuz I don't know where to get it other than TV and I don't wanna be cheated over by those crazy "if you don't cancel within 2 hours, you'll get a lifelong supply for only 5,000,000$"-people

Angelika (Schweinfurt, Germany) and Chris (Tulsa, USA)

I-130

Aug 23 2005 - sent to TSC

Aug 25 2005 - received at CSC

Aug 29 2005 - NOA1 in mail

Jan 25 2006 - NOA 2 per email

Jan 31 2006 - Case # assigned

Feb 13 2006 - AOS Bill and DS 3032 received

Feb 14 2006 - AOS Bill paid and DS 3032 sent to NVC

Feb 27 2006 - AOS form and IV Bill issued

Mar 23 2006 - AOS and IV Bill sent to NVC

Apr 10 2006 - DS230 received and sent right back

Apr 28 2006 - case complete

May 2 2006 - sent to Consulate

May 4 2006 - received at Consulate

July 17 2006 - Interview in Germany

Aug 02 2006 - Flying back to Tulsa with my CR1 in passport

Removal of Conditions - I-751

May 2 2008 - Mailed I-751 to TSC

May 21 2008 - Received NOA 1 (extension letter) from VSC

May 27 2008 - Biometrics Appointment in OKC

July 22 2008 - touched

August 6 2008 - touched

February 22, 2009 - touched

March 24, 2009 - card production ordered

April 4, 2009 - Green Card in mail

I-129F

Aug 31 - Oct 20 2005at NBC

Oct 26 - Nov 3 2005 at NVC

Jan 10 2006- Visa interview

Feb 09 2006- Flying to Tulsa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been using Proactiv for about a year now and I think it is the best thing that has ever happened to my skin. I still get the occasional blemish but not nearly what I was getting. I think it works well for some and not so well for others. I don't use it religiously but I still see great results...guess it is just my skin. I recommend that you try it and see how your skin does. Also customer service is awesome and I have never had a problem. I was getting it monthly but I switched it to every 10 weeks and they had no problem with it and they were more than happy accomodate.

I say give it a try :thumbs:

P.S. I did everything through their website.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I've used it before and it really does work. I recommend that you try it. I stopped using it because I became a little allergic to the benzoyl...now I use Aveda products to wash my face and have a prescribed topical solution...

Edited to say that I'm also using the Neutrogena at home microdermabrasion kit...wow!!! My skin looks great :thumbs:

Edited by noemij

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved